Jump to content Jump to content

Which update are you most looking forward to in DiRT Rally?

Rallycameraman

So with the official announcement (at last) of the inclusion of WorldRX in the game, and with all the updates mentioned on the DiRT TL which one are you most looking forwards to?

I think for me, even though RX will be good, I'm most looking forwards to Finland, particularly the stage that they've chosen to model. Not to mention 2 very special cars which should be released in the same pack ;) 

Ooh, so those cars aren't the Alpine and Renault 5? Very intriguing then, "legendary cars from legendary drivers"; that's going to send my speculation drive nuts!

Tough one for me, I'm nearly at an even split between the three 'rally' updates (not a big RX fan). Originally, I would have said Modern Masters, because I'm a big fan of the 2010s class and think it needs expanding, but now I 'fear' there will be too much focus on mid-2000s cars for my personal tastes.

However, this game has really made me fall in love with the Classic cars like no rally game has ever done before, so now I'm looking forward to the stages moreso because that's where I feel we're lacking somewhat now.

As for which one... well both environments are absolutely legendary and I can't wait for either, seeing how the game's stages are by far the best of any I have ever played.

Sooo... Winter Wonderland, probably - it's the most vague (Sweden or Norway? Just 'new cars' as a description.), but I go to Rally Sweden each year and am really looking forward to attempting whichever stage(s) they've chosen to recreate. Personally, I'm hoping for Finnskogen or Rammen, but any will be great.

I'm wildly speculating that the Finnish stage will be Kakaristo, which will be plenty enough fun in the meantime! In summary though, all three rally updates sound superb in their own way.

Pikes Peak was the big one for me. You pretty much knew what you'd be getting in that.
I can't really look forward to future packs all that much without having any idea what they will really be all about.
So I just keep my little list of hopes for the game and look towards the final release.

Modern Masters, because the game seriously lacks modern cars right now
I'm desperate to get some R2/R3/ & R5 cars in the game. 
I would like to see a Fiesta R2 (I think that is all but confirmed) but really any more Subaru models would be almost at the top particularly WRC99 and 2008+ year Impreza (from DiRT3)

But I think everyone knows by now Subaru is always at the top of my list, more the better.

* This post is not sponsored by Subaru or Subaru of America :wink: 

gfRally said:
I would like to see a Fiesta R2 (I think that is all but confirmed) but really any more Subaru models would be almost at the top particularly WRC99 and 2008+ year Impreza (from DiRT3)

But I think everyone knows by now Subaru is always at the top of my list, more the better.

* This post is not sponsored by Subaru or Subaru of America :wink: 
Yes definitely need some more Subarus. Would be cool to have a Legacy Group A in there, but any spec WRC will do me.

gfRally said:

I would like to see a Fiesta R2 (I think that is all but confirmed) 
Whereabouts, just out of interest?

Really looking forward to Finland but it all seems like it will be awesome =)

My guess for the Finland stage is Ouninpohja.

Kakaristo is a ~20km section of Ouninpohja, so going by current stage lengths I'd suggest that's more likely.

gfRally said:

Kakaristo is a ~20km section of Ouninpohja, so going by current stage lengths I'd suggest that's more likely.

it was in that picture of Codies wish-list wall

Sweden. Err "Winter Wonderland".

I am stoked for Finland as well, but we already have 2 gravel locations that cover a lot of ground. And frankly I would rather see something like New Zealand over Finland.

gfRally said:

Ah I see.

If I had to pick one, I'd go the safe route and say Finland. Sure it's more gravel, but it should be so much faster than Greece and Wales, and with Germany CM has shown they can make locations with similar surfaces have very different characters.

That goes for Sweden/Norway(/Québec :p ) too, and I'm just assuming all the cars will have studded tires to show too.

I'm also interested in any and all new cars—I have no insight other than the glimpsed Renaults and Supercars, so it should be all surprises.

And even though it's not rally, I'm looking forward to playing a proper World RX championship next month.

So there you go, I snuck in everything. I'm looking forward to everything.

YHea i would also love to see the R2/R3/R5 cars , specially because this are the rally cars of the future!
And i think its an amazing way to build up your rally carreer in a carreer mode :)

dgeesi0 said:
i just want to be able to see my postions (globally) and times when i finish tracks.that to me is more important than any content being added.

Care to post a screenshot how it looks when you access the the "compare to friends" button after a stage? You must be the only person having this problem of not seeing your posistion.

bogani no im not the only one. its a very common problem.check steam.

basically everything as normal race blah blah race finishes goto friends compare see  everyone elses but your own.i see my time just not my position. in official events it works! so if they check the code differences between official events like daily,weekly,monthly then check relevant data against custom stages and normal rally they will probably find the issue.

they are aware of the issue. its just i dont think they realize for those that have this issue how annoying or important it is.

also i have all settings default not even a custom skin. i even reinstalled windows to see if that would help LOL.i have tried everything my end hopefully codemasters sort it.

I'm really looking forward to the RX pack - once I find some reasonably fair guys to race with I bet it will be good fun!

Finland will be a great addition to the game - and I know which stage will be represented...

There are also two cars, which will make people very very happy...

I can't pick to be honest - I look forward to them ALL :D

When you go in to the friends comparison the number next to your name indicates your world wide position. I can't see how it would show up for some and not others. 
here you go not my fastest time just to show you . its a top ten time in world though.

http://s24.postimg.org/5i41hifrp/drt_2015_07_09_11_36_41_43.png

also on starting the track it doesnt show my postion either

http://s14.postimg.org/uliwzoyb5/drt_2015_07_09_11_37_27_95.png

i used to be able to see porkhammers times also. now he doesnt show up on my friends. so something is screwed up either serverside or coding.

dgeesi0 said:
When you go in to the friends comparison the number next to your name indicates your world wide position. I can't see how it would show up for some and not others. 
here you go not my fastest time just to show you . its a top ten time in world though.

http://s24.postimg.org/5i41hifrp/drt_2015_07_09_11_36_41_43.png

also on starting the track it doesnt show my postion either

http://s14.postimg.org/uliwzoyb5/drt_2015_07_09_11_37_27_95.png

i used to be able to see porkhammers times also. now he doesnt show up on my friends. so something is screwed up either serverside or coding.

dgeesi0 said:
there is no number ! :Dim in a different league i guess :p

ill go do a top ten run then post a screenshot.
You really like to point out how fast you are huh? ;)

Track wise I'm looking forward to Finland since it's a fast one.

Update wise I'm waiting the most for ANY kind of Multiplayer, in this case RX, but I so wish I could get MP lobbies for rallies of some sort, to race live with viewers (not contact racing, don't even need to see the cars, just racing at the same track at the same time championship style would suffice).

And I would very much like to be able to see my own position when I finish a stage. And secondly I'd like to be able to see more of my friends positions aswell since most of them aren't listed on the stages. They can see my time, I can't see theirs.

On top of that my "best" time shown in the leaderboard down there, is not "my own" best time but the best time of the leaderboard active atm.

Archived