Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

F1 2020 Voice Commands

Hey i recently purchased f1 2020 on my ps4 but i just learned you can talk to your engineer with voice commands. By default the r1 button is used for radio and voice commands. I use my earphones which are connected to the controller but when i hold down on the button and speak the voice commands don't work. Can anybody help?

Just press the button once, don’t hold it down. Speak load and clear, just the words of the command you see on screen. 

Is this supposed to work on PC as well? I haven't seen any setting or any other indication that the function exists.

On 7/16/2020 at 11:58 AM, Saheb28 said:

Hey i recently purchased f1 2020 on my ps4 but i just learned you can talk to your engineer with voice commands. By default the r1 button is used for radio and voice commands. I use my earphones which are connected to the controller but when i hold down on the button and speak the voice commands don't work. Can anybody help?

Having the same issue, we’re you able to find a fix? Having the issue on Turtlebeach headset but it is also not working for the earphone with mic connected through controller.

The mic (both Turtlebeach headset and earphone connected through controller) is recognised in the PS4 audio device settings, but in game the the little R1 icon does not appear.

Created a big report but no answer yet. 

On 7/18/2020 at 1:11 PM, Lakrits said:

Is this supposed to work on PC as well? I haven't seen any setting or any other indication that the function exists.

Yes. You need a microphone, obviously. [RB] on XBOne Controller, [Button 11] on Formula v2 Fanatec is default mapping.