Jump to content Jump to content

Crackling audio f1 2020

4 hours ago, issueskid said:

As mentioned, we are looking into this but I'll be honest, I've never reproduced this so far and I'm working on headphones quite often at the moment.
I'd suggest anybody who can 100% reproduce this issue should send me some more details, in particular the headset you are using it, your audio settings, platform you are playing on and what game mode you are in.

@Thund3r4 You are welcome to your opinion, but I assure you the audio team are not sitting here doing a "copy & paste" year on year. We are constantly working on the game and are immensely passionate about our job and the game. My team and I want to be proud of the products we put out and I think we generally do a good job. We haven't heard the "crackling audio" bug ourselves and don't have a firm MOR in order to even begin fixing it, we will continue to investigate however and if we do find it we'll look into a fix. If you're willing to be courteous and polite I'll talk to you further to discuss any audio issues, including this one to see if we can nail it down.

Hi there. First I would like to apologise for the outburst in earlier posts. My intention is not to diminish the work you guys do. I'm sure you can understand how frustrating it is when we hand over hard earned money for a product that isn't working correctly. 

As for evidence, the only game clip I have is larger than the file size limit on this forum. Is there an email I can send the clip to? Details are:

Xbox one x using astro a50 gen 4 headset, also using fanatec v2.5 wheelbase and McLaren gt3 wheel. 

The game is in a multiplayer online race. 

Edited by Thund3r4
Typo
  • Codemasters Staff
16 hours ago, Thund3r4 said:

Hi there. First I would like to apologise for the outburst in earlier posts. My intention is not to diminish the work you guys do. I'm sure you can understand how frustrating it is when we hand over hard earned money for a product that isn't working correctly. 

As for evidence, the only game clip I have is larger than the file size limit on this forum. Is there an email I can send the clip to? Details are:

Xbox one x using astro a50 gen 4 headset, also using fanatec v2.5 wheelbase and McLaren gt3 wheel. 

The game is in a multiplayer online race. 

Hello @Thund3r4, yes we are all gamers too and we are human so we too get frustrated by bugs in the games that we play too 🙂. I'm here to help try and figure out your problems though so lets see what we can do. Codies don't insist that I communicate with players on the forums, I do it because I genuinly care about my job and the work the audio team has done. I want constructive polite feedback from the forums, keep that coming and I'll keep communicating 👍

I think emailing me a wetransfer link would be a good start. We've done some investigation on this issue yesterday and we think this might be some assets that appear to sound like "crackling" rather than actual "crackling" issues. Without having heard what you guys are hearing though we cant be sure we are talking about the same thing. Let me DM you and we can discuss sending files over.

• Like 1
  • Codemasters Staff

Hello guys, are any of you experiencing this in single player or is this online multiplayer only?

@Thund3r4s issue seems something more like a performance issue with the by product being audio drop outs and frame rate drops outs. Is this what everybody else is also finding?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2020 at 12:54 PM, issueskid said:

Hello guys, are any of you experiencing this in single player or is this online multiplayer only?

@Thund3r4s issue seems something more like a performance issue with the by product being audio drop outs and frame rate drops outs. Is this what everybody else is also finding?

So I am having lots of audio cracking after that latest update,

I have a PS4 Slim and use Turtle Beach Stealth 700 headphones, 

The issue seems worse the closer to walls I am, my audio settings are at their default levels. I should have a video clip of this issue but I don't know where to send it 

• 1 month later...

Has there been any kind of progress towards finding a solution?  I am on the Xbox and having bad crackling and audio distortions whenever cars are getting near.   I've done many different tests with no luck. Switching dynamic range from full to limited and even nightmode as was suggested earlier in this thread did not solve anything.  I jump into F12019 and have zero issues.  I am using the RIG800LX headphones but the problem happens on speakers as well.  

Edited by Racer4446
2 hours ago, Racer4446 said:

Has there been any kind of progress towards finding a solution?  I am on the Xbox and having bad crackling and audio distortions whenever cars are getting near.   I've done many different tests with no luck. Switching dynamic range from full to limited and even nightmode as was suggested earlier in this thread did not solve anything.  I jump into F12019 and have zero issues.  I am using the RIG800LX headphones but the problem happens on speakers as well.  

Well, my issue was actually with Grid 2019 and Rage 2. I’ve put a new control box on my PC audio set up (5.1 surround) and Rage 2 is actually working now. I haven’t tried Grid 2019 yet.  Codemasters asks for a file of the problem which will help them ID it better. It seems very random.  For me the problem was the same on both games so I figured it was an issue with my set up. 
Good luck, I hope you can get it working 

• 2 weeks later...

Yes - I agree with what others have said .

Although I am using Grid 2019 , issue seems the same . Like digital stammering - like you are trying to play a cd with lots of scratches.

Forum on steam suggests to change the bitrate on sounds settings -> additional settings -> advanced .

This has not worked for me . 

Generally , sound is bearable on a qualifying lap with just myself on track . But add in the other cars and it soon deteriorates .

It may be to do with the mixing of sounds . 

I reduced the amount of crackling I got on the xbox by making sure my audio settings were set to stereo.  I used to have it set to Dolby Atmos (or Windows Sonic) and that made the problem so much worse.  I still think there is some work Codemasters needs to do with the audio settings but this at least helped me.   Just make sure your not in the game or quit out of the game before changing the settings or else they won't take effect in the game.   Since doing this I could get through a race and I only heard faint crackle when the crowd noise came in, but before I couldn't even get off the line before I had to quit.  

But I want to reiterate that this worked for me.  This problem seems to be very inconsistent among users and might not be the solution for you.  Someone in the Bug thread I started a few weeks ago mentioned they only ever used Stereo setting and still had the problem. 

• 3 weeks later...

So I got the repeated crackling sound that got captured in the “share” video too, but since There was an error connecting my ps4 to YouTube, I had to record it on my phone, hope it’s clear. 

I am running: f1 2020, ps4, beats headphone through my controller, or tv speakers(both same sound output quality), game and ps4 is fully updated. I am playing my teams. The video links are below. 

I have had the problem before and it was temporary and somehow went away for a while. Now it’s back, and I have heard last 2 times I played, Honestly, it distracts me so much, it’s absolutely annoying. 

Please help fix. 

thank you for your continued support and awesome games! 

AM

Edited by amysterya

I think I have solved the issue on the xbox one.

Before running the game, go to your Xbox settings, under General select Volume & audio output, under Headset audio make sure you have Stereo uncompressed selected for your headset format.

Seems to have solved the issue for me so far anyway, playing it through a headset. 

• 5 months later...

Hi,

I have been playing f1 2020 for a while.

I played 2019 before this.

I have a crackling noise normally when the car gets to its higher speeds on the straight.

It's like a wind crackling sound as if the driver has his head out of the car cockpit.

It does get very annoying on tracks of high speed.

4 hours ago, kevin21 said:

Hi,

I have been playing f1 2020 for a while.

I played 2019 before this.

I have a crackling noise normally when the car gets to its higher speeds on the straight.

It's like a wind crackling sound as if the driver has his head out of the car cockpit.

It does get very annoying on tracks of high speed.

You are not alone there's a whole load of stuff that irritate people that use the game ,  for example drivers hands , the sound of spectators applause , safety cars , Chicanes , street tracks , rain , Jeff the personal engineer , the hand clutch and on and on and on and on and on and on , my advice to you would be turn down the effects volume in the audio menu or wear ear plugs or don't race on tracks of high speed  , my personal irritations are people continually going on about what the F1 2021 game  is going to be like , is it this is it that will it have this track in it wont it should it shouldn't it , it might do perhaps it will perhaps it wont , will loose women mention it on their programme may be ,maybe not when will there be a video what resolution will it be in , is Devon Dullard going to be be a cad ,I hope he is , I hope he's respectful , Is Bottas overpowered in your game , yes he is yes he is yes he is yes he is yes he is yes he is yes he is will they do something about it , they might they  probably wont they should yes they should but they wont they may do in the next game they might not. and then theres that Idiot who's constantly going on and on and on about driving in cockpit view , basically the whole things irritating people will just have to learn to live with it , Imagine if you were one of the moderators on these forums , Yes then you'd know what irritating meant . Get more exercise and chew some valerian root.

• 1 month later...
On 8/23/2020 at 5:01 PM, NathanUnruh said:

**Solution** I've had the same issue on Xbox, yet when I play other games there is no crackling.

Go into audio settings and turn dynamic range to limited. Basically there is too much information going to headphones so they crackle and pop. Turning it to limited range equalizes the different frequencies a little. When I have it on there is no more crackling.

Where do you find the dynamic range setting ? I know there is one under Blu ray but does that apply to games?

thanks,

• 1 month later...

****I fixed my bugged audio*****!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had this or similar frustrating issue as well with the audio. Extreme Crackling/sounds like audio jack is being twisted/audio being messed going in and out.

My audio would smooth out a bit after race started but if I were to get near a group of cars and everyone full throttled the audio would **** up or if I paused the race it would cause the issue to spur up full force until it settled again after a few laps.

But good lord I believe I have fixed it.

Xbox one S diag attempts.

-Used different controllers, headsets, and games. Only happened in F1 2021 headsets or volume through monitor, it didn't matter

-Changed in-game audio settings in  every variation possible

-I decided to reset console ***with keeping games and apps downloaded first*** thinking this would be a quicker try than full reinstall 150gbs of games.   

Try this Go to Settings>system>console info>reset console> keep games and apps installed.!!!!!

So far 2hours of play and issue hasn't been present. The game is enjoyable and video quality also improved...

Hope this helps everyone! 

Edited by Moonemmi
  • 3 weeks later...