F1 2020 | PODIUM PASS SERIES 2 NOW LIVE| READ ME!!! Read more... ×
F1 2020 | CODEMASTERS PC FORUM CHAMPIONSHIP | LOOKING FOR DRIVERS Read more... ×

Logitech G29 vs. Thrustmaster T300RS GT wheel

1 hour ago, missile8310 said:

Is that an iphone or android?  what telemetry program?  

That is an android phone (Samsung S4) in a holder.

On Android i use SIM Dashboard app for the Telemetry data from the F1 games. Works great

34 minutes ago, GioProductions said:

That is an android phone (Samsung S4) in a holder.

On Android i use SIM Dashboard app for the Telemetry data from the F1 games. Works great

where did you get the holder?

i use the Samsung S4 size, because with that size, i can access the rotate buttons without any problem 

2 hours ago, AdamFreeman said:

Its hard to explain what I mean lol I can calibrate it and get it as close as I guess is possible but it feels as though the car is not straight or as if my monitors titled too far one way so I am not facing the car dead on I dont know what it is its obviously not the game but then on other games wity in house calibrations its fine.

It just bugs me when I am going down a straight and my wheels seems straight but is at an angle compared with the halo. Weird one only with the f1 games lok

Not being funny, but are you in offset T-Cam?

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, AdamFreeman said:

@steviejay69 no lol cockpit with proper FOV 

T-cam pfft ha

Somehow I'm having trouble visualizing your problem. Which way is the wheel tilted to compared to the halo? Do you mean the vertical or horizontal part of the halo?

I've noticed the cockpit angles / views are a lot different compared to 2019, but mostly in a good way, for me at least. Anyways, I've noticed that in some cars the view is clearly at an angle, like pointing a bit towards the front of the car or the road right ahead. Feels a bit more like an early 90s seating position rather than the almost horizontal one used today.

I'm using a G29 and Next Level Racing F1GT racing seat, 50 inch screen and somewhat proper FOV. I try to overlap the virtual wheel with my own wheel, but make it so that I just about see at least the upper half of the gear I'm on.

Edited by janbonator

On 7/16/2020 at 4:30 PM, janbonator said:

I haven't tried the T300 but I have years of experience on the G29. It's an alright wheel, although much better suited to, say, Dirt Rally than the F1 games. Worst part is the brake pedal, which I find atrocious in these games. The FFB is pretty weird in the F1 games as well. No force feedback at low speed or very high speed (on a straight, for example). It's made worse by the fact that when exiting low speed corners with no wheel weight, it can then suddenly start shaking and vibrating like crazy, making the exits even more difficult. If you're just looking to drive F1, I wouldn't suggest a G29.

I ended up having to take the pedals appart and take out this sold piece of rubber that stopped the brand pedal pressing more than 25%. Bought foam replacements online, they came in 3 different hardiness. Would definitely recommend them.

15 minutes ago, TheBradwick said:

I ended up having to take the pedals appart and take out this sold piece of rubber that stopped the brand pedal pressing more than 25%. Bought foam replacements online, they came in 3 different hardiness. Would definitely recommend them.

I will definitely look into it. May I inquire as to what FFB settings you are using? I've been training very hard, 8-14 hours a day for the past week. Today I just couldn't drive, my wrists are smashed. I like to have a strong feel for the wheel but the G29 wants to chop my hands off. It's either that or a very vague feel for the car. I can't seem to be able to find good middle ground.

Posted (edited)

Yeah mines the same 😂. It's the left wrist for me normally. For the f1 game I've got it set to 100 I think, I always Google a recommended set up as soon as I get I new game. They need to be set high to get any feel out of it.

I just found the video I used

.https://www.racedepartment.com/media/f1-2020-best-logitech-g29-g920-wheel-ffb-settings-tutorial.1265/

F1 2020 - Tutorial - RaceDepartment

Edited by TheBradwick
To give a little more help 😊
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, TheBradwick said:

Yeah mines the same 😂. It's the left wrist for me normally. For the f1 game I've got it set to 100 I think, I always Google a recommended set up as soon as I get I new game. They need to be set high to get any feel out of it.

I just found the video I used

.https://www.racedepartment.com/media/f1-2020-best-logitech-g29-g920-wheel-ffb-settings-tutorial.1265/ 

F1 2020 - Tutorial - RaceDepartment

Cheers, I'll give it a go. Looks very different to what I've ended up using. I have overall FFB at 100 or 110 and wheel weight between 30-50, but on track effects are at 2 or 3. This way the start-finish straight at Monza, for example, doesn't feel like driving a trolley cart at 350 kph over a series of speed bumps. The negative effect is vagueness on straights and exits of low speed turns, although it also works to mostly eliminate the terrible vibrations when exiting hairpins.

4 hours ago, TheBradwick said:

I ended up having to take the pedals apart and take out this sold piece of rubber that stopped the brand pedal pressing more than 25%. Bought foam replacements online, they came in 3 different hardiness. Would definitely recommend them.

Bear in mind that the pedal does not register full travel when you remove the rubber. Hopefully the foam replacement compresses to the measured travel (about 70% of the throw).

This only occurs on the G29/G920 pedalsets, the G25/G27 did not have the rubber and register 100% of the throw.

11 hours ago, AdamFreeman said:

@steviejay69 no lol cockpit with proper FOV 

T-cam pfft ha

I'm also having problems visualising the issue. Video is the only way.

4 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Bear in mind that the pedal does not register full travel when you remove the rubber. Hopefully the foam replacement compresses to the measured travel (about 70% of the throw).

This only occurs on the G29/G920 pedalsets, the G25/G27 did not have the rubber and register 100% of the throw.

I spent some time playing around with them to get it feeling right. I used the setting in Dirt 2 that shows the percentage the pedal is pressed and trimmed them down untill I got it to reach 100% with a comfortable amount of force. I found a really good online tutorial I used to take the thing apart, it shows how the travel is measured in the pedal and which bits to watch for. Very handy.

• Like 1