Jump to content Jump to content

Has driver career the same driver market like MyTeam?


Recommended Posts

Hi everyone, 

is anyone playing the normal driver career mode and maybe has already finished a season or two? 

I finished my first Season and moved from Alpha Tauri to Red Bull. 

I got the seat from Verstappen and Red Bull was keeping Albon (***?) 

Verstappen was moving to Alpha Tauri... OK. From F1 2019 you were kind of expecting those silly moves, but somehow I was not expecting it on this year's game because Codemasters said "A driver won't join a Team which Ressources aren't fit to a drivers acclaim and expectations". I don't think Verstappen can win the Championship with AlphaTauri which are the second worst team. 

I also got no driver retirements, no further driver transfers or a email telling me that Verstappen has changed Teams. 

I simulated another season to see if this would happen again... This time verstappen was completely gone and Perez just got his old cockpit back. 

Driver Transfers are on in the settings.

Honestly this just makes me feel like the whole focus was on my team and all the cool new features just didn't make it into career mode... 

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

God how annoying 😞 Hate wen stuff like that ruins any semblance of realism. Stuff like thst gets overlooked because they rush the games out to get eye catching new features that dont work properly cus they dont get tested enough. 

In my 2019 career Weber and Leclerc were both world champions and were both with Ferrari. I joined Ferrari expecting to partner one of them and ended up partnering Ricciardo, who had finished 19th with Mervedes the year before. I was like... great...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

briefly simmed a full season (for a challenge lol) noticed straight away 3 drivers retired at the end if the season so basically way season 2/3 it'll be half F1 half F2 drivers basically an F2 game with F1 cars at that point pretty let down when I noticed drivers retire so soon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RMC44 said:

briefly simmed a full season (for a challenge lol) noticed straight away 3 drivers retired at the end if the season so basically way season 2/3 it'll be half F1 half F2 drivers basically an F2 game with F1 cars at that point pretty let down when I noticed drivers retire so soon.

I've got three races left in my team season, only driver I've seen have a looming retirement mentioned so far was Raikkonnen.   Which I'm not upset about.  Makes sense.  Guess I'll see what really happens in a few races time.

Edited by petro1319
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RMC44 said:

briefly simmed a full season (for a challenge lol) noticed straight away 3 drivers retired at the end if the season so basically way season 2/3 it'll be half F1 half F2 drivers basically an F2 game with F1 cars at that point pretty let down when I noticed drivers retire so soon.

Which 3 drivers retired? Raikkonen, Vettel, Hamilton, Kvyat, Grosjean, if they are from this list for me it would look ok. :classic_biggrin:

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RMC44 said:

briefly simmed a full season (for a challenge lol) noticed straight away 3 drivers retired at the end if the season so basically way season 2/3 it'll be half F1 half F2 drivers basically an F2 game with F1 cars at that point pretty let down when I noticed drivers retire so soon.

Was this on driver career mode or MyTeam? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HappyAss95 said:

Was this on driver career mode or MyTeam? 

Driver career mate I should have said that originally, on my team I'm only on Race 13 (doing 100% races so takes longer) doing a quick driver career mainly so I can get the hidden skin so was quite gutted when I seen some amazing drivers retire like it was a fixed thing

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, XanderSJX said:

Which 3 drivers retired? Raikkonen, Vettel, Hamilton, Kvyat, Grosjean, if they are from this list for me it would look ok. :classic_biggrin:

Vettel, Raikkonen, Bottas I like almost every F1 driver so eitherway for season one into two it's quite sad to see that by season 3 maybe it'll be mostly F2 drivers that will take the feel away from an f1 game sadly 

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, RMC44 said:

Vettel, Raikkonen, Bottas I like almost every F1 driver so eitherway for season one into two it's quite sad to see that by season 3 maybe it'll be mostly F2 drivers that will take the feel away from an f1 game sadly 

I understand, I would feel the same. Just saying if it is from those 5 I could take it somewhat easier, although I would keep Vettel and Hamilton for few years still. That Bottas retirement is surprise, do you or anybody else know if there are breaks implemented? So that for example Bottas retired after S1 but came back in S3...

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, HappyAss95 said:

Hi everyone, 

is anyone playing the normal driver career mode and maybe has already finished a season or two? 

I finished my first Season and moved from Alpha Tauri to Red Bull. 

I got the seat from Verstappen and Red Bull was keeping Albon (***?) 

Verstappen was moving to Alpha Tauri... OK. From F1 2019 you were kind of expecting those silly moves, but somehow I was not expecting it on this year's game because Codemasters said "A driver won't join a Team which Ressources aren't fit to a drivers acclaim and expectations". I don't think Verstappen can win the Championship with AlphaTauri which are the second worst team. 

I also got no driver retirements, no further driver transfers or a email telling me that Verstappen has changed Teams. 

I simulated another season to see if this would happen again... This time verstappen was completely gone and Perez just got his old cockpit back. 

Driver Transfers are on in the settings.

Honestly this just makes me feel like the whole focus was on my team and all the cool new features just didn't make it into career mode... 

As far as I've seen leading up to release, Driver Career Mode *should* have the same driver market as MyTeam. I read about this in numerous preview articles and found the prospect of it exciting. Perhaps it's just not very well optimized at the moment? What was Verstappen's results compared to Albon? They might have been prioritized over general value. You could also log it as a bug.

Personally speaking, on my first Driver Career mode attempt, I had an email saying Grosjean was going to retire. I then restarted my save and have since had an email saying Raikkonen is retiring. So I'm assuming that someone from F2 will come up to take his place.

But as for full market rules being taken into consideration, I don't know but I hope so seeing as Driver Career should have the same market.

Could @BarryBL confirm that Driver Career Mode has the same driver market as MyTeam?

Edited by s00zster
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, HappyAss95 said:

Hi everyone, 

is anyone playing the normal driver career mode and maybe has already finished a season or two? 

I finished my first Season and moved from Alpha Tauri to Red Bull. 

I got the seat from Verstappen and Red Bull was keeping Albon (***?) 

Verstappen was moving to Alpha Tauri... OK. From F1 2019 you were kind of expecting those silly moves, but somehow I was not expecting it on this year's game because Codemasters said "A driver won't join a Team which Ressources aren't fit to a drivers acclaim and expectations". I don't think Verstappen can win the Championship with AlphaTauri which are the second worst team. 

I also got no driver retirements, no further driver transfers or a email telling me that Verstappen has changed Teams. 

I simulated another season to see if this would happen again... This time verstappen was completely gone and Perez just got his old cockpit back. 

Driver Transfers are on in the settings.

Honestly this just makes me feel like the whole focus was on my team and all the cool new features just didn't make it into career mode... 

That move makes sense actually. Verstappen should never leave the Red Bull family if it is not for Ferrari or Mercedes. I know at this moment it isn't a realistic scenario but getting demoted to Alpha Tauri is rather normal in the Red Bull family and retiring after that demotion also makes sense. Scattered dreams and a hurt ego because he did not read the fine print his contract. :classic_biggrin: 

But from the other stories I read you got lucky how your game played out with a bit of realism 

The inclusion of F2 drivers was asked by many but creates an even bigger problem, F1 drivers are retiring too early. This really should get fixed as the other alternative seems to be that you can't change teams in My Driver career.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, s00zster said:

As far as I've seen leading up to release, Driver Career Mode *should* have the same driver market as MyTeam. I read about this in numerous preview articles and found the prospect of it exciting. Perhaps it's just not very well optimized at the moment? What was Verstappen's results compared to Albon? They might have been prioritized over general value. You could also log it as a bug.

Personally speaking, on my first Driver Career mode attempt, I had an email saying Grosjean was going to retire. I then restarted my save and have since had an email saying Raikkonen is retiring. So I'm assuming that someone from F2 will come up to take his place.

But as for full market rules being taken into consideration, I don't know but I hope so seeing as Driver Career should have the same market.

Could @BarryBL confirm that Driver Career Mode has the same driver market as MyTeam?

Thanks for that answer! It helps a lot to hear that some of you guys have had retirements and driver changes at normal driver career mode. 

Well, I think the results were the same like in Real Life, Verstappen was at the front and Albon at the front of the Midfield (P5-P9) 

I already reportet it as a bug, but got no response so I thought it would be better to ask you guys about experiences in that matter 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites

Turn Auto save off right before driver transfers and then proceed through and review results. Turn auto save back on if results satisfactory or If you’re not happy just close the game and try again but just make sure auto save is turned off when you start up again if you want to give it another go. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, XanderSJX said:

I understand, I would feel the same. Just saying if it is from those 5 I could take it somewhat easier, although I would keep Vettel and Hamilton for few years still. That Bottas retirement is surprise, do you or anybody else know if there are breaks implemented? So that for example Bottas retired after S1 but came back in S3...

That's one of the reasons I simmed "mainly for the season challenge as I'm 3 challenges away from the hidden livery" but I'll test it later again since I won't properly do driver career until the new liveries are added and I'll let you know the result, hoping driver retirements don't mean you completely lose them since I like all drivers except max & stroll "I don't like/dislike them just moderate on them" hoping drivers can return if not it should be an added change 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...