Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

[PC] [Online] - Starting lights are not the same for everyone

• A detailed description of what's happened

Lights go out for the host 2-3 seconds before everyone else.

• Platform

PC

• What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

Happened to me in 1.08

• Ranked/Unranked/Leagues

Unranked

• Wired or Wireless Connection?

Wired

• The amount of players in your session?

• Were you the host?

Yes

• Did this issue happens for everyone in the session, just some people or just yourself? What did they see?

Just me, I got a 3 second head start, even gave someone a drive through penalty because I hit them while their lights were still on

• We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again?

Trying, but no one is joining my unranked lobby. Perhaps you guys can get a group of people internally to test it.

• How do you make the problem happen?
  • Can you add a report code. How to find this is in Main Menu > Game Options > Settings > 16 digit code in the bottom left of the screen. Please make sure that this is the code from the session you had the issue in. Adding report codes from as many users in your session as possible would be really helpful here.

I don't have it since it happened to me a while ago and our league never has a racer host the lobby due to this bug. But for reference, it was a 50% race, short quali, formation on, Full damage, ghosting off, SC on, rules and flags on

• Video of the issue, including timestamps. Did you stream the session?

You can see TRL Limitless' video above, unfortunately I did not record my session

• Agree 1

Lights go out for the host 5 seconds before everyone else.

• Platform

PC

• What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

Leagues

Wired

• Were you the host?

Yes

• Did this issue happens for everyone in the session, just some people or just yourself? What did they see?

He was the first to start, but other play saw the bug as well

• We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again?

Happend in several league races

• Can you add a report code. How to find this is in Main Menu > Game Options > Settings > 16 digit code in the bottom left of the screen. Please make sure that this is the code from the session you had the issue in. Adding report codes from as many users in your session as possible would be really helpful here.

I don't have it since it happened to me a while ago and our league never has a racer host the lobby due to this bug. But for reference, it was a 50% race, short quali, formation on, Full damage, ghosting off, SC on, rules and flags on

• Video of the issue, including timestamps. Did you stream the session?

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

19 hours ago, MisterJohnny420 said:

@BarryBL

Replicating this issue in a League Lobby with the settings posted at the top should be possible for y'all. I will give you an update after my race on sunday though, heard from some people that this issue is not happening as often as it was a couple of weeks ago. I'm not sure about unranked/ranked lobbys.

This is currently under investigation @MisterJohnny420, btw, fantastic report there. Top information.

We are still trying to grab report codes so we can investigate further as to work on a diagnosis. This is something we are treating with high importance, as we can understand and empathise the frustration at a user gaining an advantage here. From my league racing every week, I've not ran into the issue first hand at this time (either that, or I have really, REALLY slow reactions). 

• Thanks 1

Must say i'm baffled that you guys don't seem to be able to replicate this.  Maybe use normal pc's and normal internet like everyone uses for testing and this issue should happen almost every race. 

Host always gets lights out earlier. For the rest it's inconsistent at best. AI cars during the start (desyncs.. disconects) are always a LOT earlier than the lights go out. 

Furthermore while spectating the lights going out don't seem to correspond with the lights going out for the drivers.. (Usually the lights go out.. (at which time any ai on the grid goes) and then some time later the drivers can actually start driving. 
  • Platform
  • PC
  • The latest
    Unranked/Ranked
  • Wireless and wired. it's NOT the connection it's the game.
  • I've seen it happen with 2 and with 20
  • Were you the host?
  • The host ALWAYS has this happen. but even letting the commentators be the host gives random results for the rest (although it's fine as often as not) 
  • Well since we don't know when the 'actual' lights out time is there is no way of telling if there was someone in the lobby with no glitch. 
  • Just play the game ❤️ it happens almost every race. ALWAYS to the host. 
  • By buying  your game and playing it. 
  • For the first video i've already send report codes from 5 people including rwaggy. but this litteraly happens every race so... go race with the devs, confirm this is a thing, and write down your own report codes. or hire some actual testers. You release games in shameful states. 

VIDEO'S

So we've had 3 league races in the league I organise so far. 
I will give you the video's of the starts of those 3 races. 

Race 1: https://clips.twitch.tv/CrackyPricklyPterodactylBrainSlug
Very visibly the start lights go out way before the drivers actually go for it. 

Race 2: https://clips.twitch.tv/FunBadOxTebowing
Very visibly the start lights go out way before the drivers actually go for it.
Furthermore: Higsy got disconnected on the formation lap. you can see his ai DOES try to go as soon as the lights go out for the commentator (and host) 

Race 3: https://clips.twitch.tv/BashfulSmilingGarageBabyRage
Again, Very visibly the start lights go out way before the drivers actually go for it.
This time Brook Legg got disconnected during the formation lap and is thus ai at this time. You can once again see his ai try to go as soon as the lights go out. and even reverse on grid when that doesn't work.. 

I can show you more video's of other commentated leagues but i think you get the general idea. It's always bad. 

We have to have the commentator be the host or the host gets a HUGE start advantage. But this still looks very trash. 

I hope this helps and please FIX. 

Edited by Bicarda
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

No specific evidence, but I’ve seen this numerous time in our unranked races (so probably in my race videos)

You’ll know what settings we use on a Friday @BarryBL

catching up while watching Mugello FP1.

Edited by TeenierNeilb69

Replicated @Bicarda, just working on a diagnosis and fix. I'm still working from home, so don't worry, my Internet is nothing special. 

@TeenierNeilb69 do others see this on a Friday? Obviously, I don't because I'm the host and I'd like to think its my electric reactions. Clearly not

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Replicated @Bicarda, just working on a diagnosis and fix. I'm still working from home, so don't worry, my Internet is nothing special. 

@TeenierNeilb69 do others see this on a Friday? Obviously, I don't because I'm the host and I'd like to think its my electric reactions. Clearly not

I saw so far only host get this advantage
That was my friend in my case
he get normally lights out 1 or 2 sec before everyone else

For me it look like he jump the start,but he did not have any penalty,and he also told me he did not jump the start

Edited by massa88

3 hours ago, BarryBL said:

The host always gets it.. Having the host be a driver is very unfair at this point. 

Another detail: it looks like most of the times.. as the lights go out for the host/commentator, that's when they only start to come on for the rest. 
Because watching the clips i see a trend of the drivers not even starting to rev before the lights are already out for a while for spectators.

When the host is a driver the difference is less obvious.. but still a couple of tenths to about a second in my experience. 

Edited by Bicarda

Just now, Bicarda said:

The host always gets it.. Having the host be a driver is very unfair at this point. 

Another detail: it looks like most of the times.. as the lights go out for the host/commentator, that's when they only start to come on for the rest. 
Because watching the clips i see a trend of the drivers not even starting to rev before the lights are already out for a while for spectators.

When the host is a driver the difference is less obvious.. but still a couple of tenths to about a second in my experience. 

Thanks Bicarda 👍 Thought I'd gone full Bottas at Austria for a while. Hopes dashed. Anyways, with developers and working on a fix for this. 

• Like 2

Super small sidenote that i think this has always been the case in last years game as well but waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay less obvious. 

But there also was a trend of the people being the host having a better start than most more often than not. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Checked back though my video. Baku potentially but very marginal that did look very Bottas like

others I didn’t see anything. 

but I have seen what clearly appears to be jump starts of 1 second a few times in unranked and it has been the host each time.

@BarryBL here it is one of my unranked lobby with friend,

friend was host and he did get 1 sec before lights out

Austria 

short Q

25% race 

Lights go out for everyone early except me and 1 other car, game gives them all drive through pens for jump start despite lights out for them. Was in party with other drivers and they confirmed lights went out early.

Xbox Latest Version

Wheel input

5 Lap unranked lobby

I was host, wired connection

Skip video to about 1 minute in. You can see the start, and also race director with the applied penalties.

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/ssr-zampa/video/112167961

Screenshot_20201009-194149_Chrome.jpg

We are still working on a fix for this, but is on our agenda to solve.

• Thanks 1

On 10/12/2020 at 11:51 AM, BarryBL said:

We are still working on a fix for this, but is on our agenda to solve.

It's taking too long. 
It's broken since beta. 

you guys are an actual joke. 
"we make an f1 game that costs 70 euro's but can't make the lights go out for everyone at the same time"
Most 1 man indie companies are doing a better job at fixing their ****. 

the game is dieing around you and yet you're fine having HUGE GAME BREAKING BUGS like this being 'on the agenda'

Not gonna lie the company you work for, barry, are the most incapable bunch and i feel for you. They let you lie for them all the while delivering the same trash (but then worse) year after year. 
Release untested games and then take MONTHS AND MONTHS to fix your **** requiring us to test it all. all of us payed 70 euro's for a NON FUNCTIONING game. 

I blame F1 as much for putting up with your incompetence for so long. but I guess they don't care and are just greedy like codies. (i say again, 70 euro for this is THEFT until you fix it)

Edited by Bicarda

Update on this.

Tag is updated to 'upcoming patch' and added to scheduling.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2