Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
F1 2020 |NEW PATCH AND DRIVER RATINGS | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

[PC] [Online] - Starting lights are not the same for everyone

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

Almost everytime the host of a lobby is allowed to start earlier than the other competitors. The lights go out earlier for the host and he can start around 2 seconds earlier. I think the amount of time he is able to start earlier varied between 1-3 seconds, but I cant confirm this. I experienced this bug in the League Lobbys, aswell as in the unranked Lobbys.

This bug was confirmed by a lot of people out of my League (~500 competitors) who had the same issue. I cant give you an error code or something like that since there is no crashing, just an earlier lights out for the lobby host.

2.       Platform:

PC
3.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

Newest version of the game on steam right now. 1.03
4.       Game-mode? 

Multiplayer Unranked and League Lobbys. We did not test ranked but we tested race lenghts from 5 Laps to a 100% Race, same issue no matter what.
5.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

I personally had this issue in at least 10 unranked lobbys. When the bug happened once it happened in every other race aswell. For example we had 3x25% races today in an unranked lobby and I as the host was able to start earlier every single time. Since it happens in our lobbies without anything unusual happening before or after the early start i can't give you error codes or more information for replication steps than the lobby settings. If something is missing just let me know and I will post the information asap.

I personally had this bug everytime i hosted a lobby, others hosted once and the bug did not occur. But everyone I talked to had this bug in an online lobby at least once so this is 100% a common problem and not just a couple of people.

I added some Screenshots down below from the unranked lobby settings we used in the 3 25% races today. I can submit the settings for the League Lobby later if needed.
6.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

We sadly had no idea how to fix this or how to find the root cause. Every Race lenght was tried so far, but we cant try out every combination of settings to see if the bug does not occur since it's not occuring everytime (even with the same lobby settings). If you have a guess we surely would try things out since we rely on the online lobbys heavily to keep our league running. We planned starting our season early august, so we hope the bug can be fixed until then.
7.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

I am using a Thrustmaster T300 with the Open-Wheel Add-On and the T3PA Pedals. There were competitors using a controller that had the same bug as a host.
8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   

Screenshots attached, no AI drivers were added (that screenshot is missing).

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/680541808

This is a part of our stream from the 3 Races today.

First start is at 12:50, me being the host starting from P8. In the last row there was an early starter aswell, but confirmed that he was just triggered by me moving.

Second start is at 48:50. I tried to start 1 second after the lights went out for me, but as you can see im still early starting from p1 in this case.

Since the stream crashed this is where you can find the third early start in the third race: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/680611853 

Its at 11:00 and again I tried to start later than the lights went out, but still an early start. Just like in the other races I'm the Red Bull at P3 I think.

If there is any more information you need on this topic just let me know, we will try our best to give you any information. 

We hope we can start our F1 2020 Season as planned, besides the little bugs we found most people i talked to really enjoy the new driving experience.

Greetings

Mister Johnny from F1-Onlineliga  

Screenshot (236).png

Screenshot (235).png

Screenshot (234).png

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Not a bug report by myself, but i have similiar seen on youtube. when it is needed i can post the videos i have seen.

when i´am right, FPL Chaoz has this in one video shown.

Edited by mav744
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, mav744 said:

Not a bug report by myself, but i have similiar seen on youtube. when it is needed i can post the videos i have seen.

when i´am right, FPL Chaoz has this in one video shown.

TRL Limitless had that bug in a lobby aswell, but i dont think there is more footage needed. 
If more is wanted i am happy to know that there is footage on youtube :classic_happy:

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here.

It was online lobby. We had 45 minute practice session, next 1 lap quali and 25% race. When formation lap started you can see that two McLaren drivers had green lights earlier and the same situation happened after formation lap, when the race was about to start. It is clear that they start at the same moment, much earlier than anyone else.

2.       Platform

PC
3.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

4.       Game-mode? 

Online friends lobby
5.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

Happens frequently in online races. Since game launch I had this bug couple of times, only in online sessions.
6.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

Not related

Wheel - Logitech G27
8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   

https://streamable.com/g5jdd4

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

had same thing couple of times now
i suspect only for host get lights out bit earlier
in my case Snuk was host every time and he get lights out before everyone else normaly,we had this at least 5 times now

code:EXPB-PDTP-HTAE-DTMG

online unranked lobby short Q 25% race

Edited by massa88
  • Agree 1

the same for me and many others. this is a very big problem in league racing

Posted (edited)

One person can start 2-3s earlier than the rest of the grid. It looks like it is the lobby host. Yesterday i was the lobby host, but my game crashed in the first seconds of the qualifying. Then our player gab1414 got the early start. It also happened in three unranked races before.

2.       Platform

PC

4.       Game-mode? 

unranked lobby

Create an unranked lobby, short qualy, warm-up-lap, start

also... lobby settings were SC on, damage reduced, full auto settings, manual start, ...

The Clip:

https://clips.twitch.tv/QuaintSquareNikudonArgieB8

Also, the positions on left were bugged for the first lap.

Here another video of JD:

Edited by iosis
  • Agree 4

happened again in our two 50% races tonight. i was lobby host. I startet 0.5 seconds ealier. Jeff said i was 2.7 seconds behind the next guy before me when i was 2.0 seconds behind.

• Agree 4

When in a full multiplayer race the person who is hosting a race gets lights out before anyone else not but a lot but is a huge advantage to that person. Also when choosing to retire in the pits mid race your car still stays out on track rather than staying in the pits. 

2.       Platform

Xbox

4.       Game-mode? 

Unranked online 

Everytime

Not really much to do to try and resolve it. 

Wheel and pad

Posted (edited)

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. The lights go out early for me.

2.       Platform xbox
3.       What version of the game you are using 1.05 in video
4.       Game-mode? Online unranked
5.       What are your replication numbers? This has happened 10+ times. It happens nearly everytime I'm hosting a lobby with more then 10 people in it on a 25% or longer racer. Quali makes no difference it has happened with short and 1 shot.
6.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? N/A
7.       What peripherals are you are using? TMX

https://clips.twitch.tv/DifferentBashfulPepperoniOSkomodo

Edited by zZ A M P Aa
Edit

Mass merge for the same issue. 

Yes please update us. As far as I know, the host has a huge advantage on race starts because his lights will go off before everyone else.

Still happening in 1.08 :))))) got a 2-3 second head start in a social race today because i was host :))))) defs not broken at all :)))))

Hey all,

If you're experiencing this, and haven't already, could you tell us the below?

• A detailed description of what's happened
  • Platform
  • What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 
  • Ranked/Unranked/Leagues
  • Wired or Wireless Connection?
  • The amount of players in your session?
  • Were you the host?
  • Did this issue happens for everyone in the session, just some people or just yourself? What did they see?
  • We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again?
  • How do you make the problem happen?
  • Can you add a report code. How to find this is in Main Menu > Game Options > Settings > 16 digit code in the bottom left of the screen. Please make sure that this is the code from the session you had the issue in. Adding report codes from as many users in your session as possible would be really helpful here.
  • Video of the issue, including timestamps. Did you stream the session?

As a reminder: a lot of our Patch Updates and fixes come directly from completed forum bug reports, and providing this information is vital for Codemasters to be able to investigate, replicate and hopefully solve your issue. Without this, we don't have the necessary information to replicate and diagnose the issue.

@jennyannem

You should be able to replicate this with a League Lobby and the settings I posted at the top.

We are still experiencing this issue on a regular basis, although it's not as regular as it was in the beginning. I had this issues in every race when this was posted. Right now it's happening in about 2/3 Races I would say.

If I find more information that isn't in my first post yet I will provide those. If there are any more question which I didn't answer already feel free to ask me for those. 

My next Race is next Week on Sunday, I would be able to try things out if needed.

On 9/6/2020 at 1:53 PM, MisterJohnny420 said:

@jennyannem

You should be able to replicate this with a League Lobby and the settings I posted at the top.

We are still experiencing this issue on a regular basis, although it's not as regular as it was in the beginning. I had this issues in every race when this was posted. Right now it's happening in about 2/3 Races I would say.

If I find more information that isn't in my first post yet I will provide those. If there are any more question which I didn't answer already feel free to ask me for those. 

My next Race is next Week on Sunday, I would be able to try things out if needed. 

Thanks @MisterJohnny420

If you can replicate and provide the information requested, it helps us try and find trends and diagnosing issues. 

@BarryBL

Replicating this issue in a League Lobby with the settings posted at the top should be possible for y'all. I will give you an update after my race on sunday though, heard from some people that this issue is not happening as often as it was a couple of weeks ago. I'm not sure about unranked/ranked lobbys.

Edited by MisterJohnny420

Happens in unranked for me. I was host and lights went out 2-3 seconds early for me. PC latest patch. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, TactXO said:

Happens in unranked for me. I was host and lights went out 2-3 seconds early for me. PC latest patch. 

Hi @TactXO,

Please provide all of the information requested so we can diagnose the issue accurately.