Jump to content Jump to content

unpossible lap times

as an example (cause its on all tracks) :
i'm driving this weekends multiplayer silverstone.

the real life official track record is by hamilton (in 2019 / 1:27,368)
my time is 1:30  -  okay BUT  >>>

>>> how can so many drive 1:15,xxx ??
thats seriously unrealistic.

this occurs on all tracks, robbing all the fun in driving multiplayer modes.

don't know how to stop these unrealistic laptimes, BUT :
a possible solution : codemaster recognices unpossible times, orientated on the real life lap record. you might be a little bit faster (if you're one of the best players on earth)  - 
but NOT such fantasy times.

any suggestions?

But how would you solve this? Ok you can still have the unrealistic times removed but after that you will start to see a ridiculous amount of people setting the same time as Lewis Hamilton.

The alternative is that you can't use mods at all and as people like to mod this game, I've noticed, that won't be welcomed by the community as well

Edited by BelgiumDude
20 minutes ago, Zviko said:

Surely they could somehow track if game files have been modded? And if they were just don't allow people to get a lap time on the leaderboard.

Is that possible? If I don't allow Codemasters to track my data they can't shut leaderboards down for me I think. That's what GDPR (EU data privacy law) is all about.

43 minutes ago, BelgiumDude said:

Is that possible? If I don't allow Codemasters to track my data they can't shut leaderboards down for me I think. That's what GDPR (EU data privacy law) is all about.

They wouldn't exactly track your data. It would only track if it matches the original files. In F1 challenge and I belive rFactor as well, if there was a lobby with a mod, you couldn't join it because your files didn't match obviously. Maybe something like that could be done for TT.

• Like 1

like others here i guess it's the best way to check the local parameter files, with a checksum for expample. thats really fast, you won'r recognize. AND it's not spying on your computer, it's just the control of a checksum to verify if its the original file.

modding is fine!!  no question about that!! for the solo private fun - or a LAN race with a friend ...
all i want is : that in online competitions mods are not allowed.

• 3 months later...

Why do codemasters even allow moding to the game at all, I get ppl wanting to make mods for their own personal use. But to have completly unreal lap times being recorded is a joke and completely unfair to those whom do not mod their game, as they see the game being a challenge to replicate the lap times of the pro driver's. But these moders who use their mods to play online and set the fastest laps on all tracks so they can b no1 in the world rankings is total bull ****. Codemasters should put a stop to this, as it has taken all the fun from online use, now I know why many don't play 2020 online, as it's all cheats at the top of the world rankings. Never allowing anyone else to prove just how good they are, as i now see any time more than a second faster than the real life lap record as someone who has cheated to reach the top for bragging rights. The game should be heavier policed by codemasters for this lap time difference and wipe all the times that are jus ridiculous and completely unrealistic. Give the whole gaming community the same chance to reach the top of leader boards on pure skill and merit not cs you can mod your game to give you ultimate grip from tyres right up to your pitstop then ultimate grip to race end. The same for the TT's some lap times are almost 20 seconds faster than the real driver's can drive the tracks in real life. For example Austin Texas a rough lap round there in a modern F1 car is about 1:45 yet the fastest time on the leader board is in the very low 1:20's now that is jus completely impossible. I know the calender for this year has been screwed up but didn't mean you as a company should just let the game be used in any way this year, ppl spend alot of money every year with the game then all the stuff to upgrade for making faster times like more expensive faster PC's, better graphic card's, memory and steering wheel and pedal set's. And codemasters don't seem to give a damn that there are ppl cheating to reach the top, it disgusts me that stuff like this is allowed to go on, I can see many ppl stopping buying any future copies of the game as what's the point if you don't stand a chance with cheaters out there doing things on track no one else can not even the Lewis Hamilton or Max Verstappen, it's just ludacrisy this is even allowed to happen. Sort it codemasters or I will just be one of many not continuing to keep purchasing the product if I don't have the same chance as anyone else to reach the top of the leader boards. 

13 hours ago, ZEIGAL said:

Why do codemasters even allow moding to the game at all, I get ppl wanting to make mods for their own personal use. But to have completly unreal lap times being recorded is a joke and completely unfair to those whom do not mod their game, as they see the game being a challenge to replicate the lap times of the pro driver's. But these moders who use their mods to play online and set the fastest laps on all tracks so they can b no1 in the world rankings is total bull ****. Codemasters should put a stop to this, as it has taken all the fun from online use, now I know why many don't play 2020 online, as it's all cheats at the top of the world rankings. Never allowing anyone else to prove just how good they are, as i now see any time more than a second faster than the real life lap record as someone who has cheated to reach the top for bragging rights. The game should be heavier policed by codemasters for this lap time difference and wipe all the times that are jus ridiculous and completely unrealistic. Give the whole gaming community the same chance to reach the top of leader boards on pure skill and merit not cs you can mod your game to give you ultimate grip from tyres right up to your pitstop then ultimate grip to race end. The same for the TT's some lap times are almost 20 seconds faster than the real driver's can drive the tracks in real life. For example Austin Texas a rough lap round there in a modern F1 car is about 1:45 yet the fastest time on the leader board is in the very low 1:20's now that is jus completely impossible. I know the calender for this year has been screwed up but didn't mean you as a company should just let the game be used in any way this year, ppl spend alot of money every year with the game then all the stuff to upgrade for making faster times like more expensive faster PC's, better graphic card's, memory and steering wheel and pedal set's. And codemasters don't seem to give a damn that there are ppl cheating to reach the top, it disgusts me that stuff like this is allowed to go on, I can see many ppl stopping buying any future copies of the game as what's the point if you don't stand a chance with cheaters out there doing things on track no one else can not even the Lewis Hamilton or Max Verstappen, it's just ludacrisy this is even allowed to happen. Sort it codemasters or I will just be one of many not continuing to keep purchasing the product if I don't have the same chance as anyone else to reach the top of the leader boards. 

Jesuuus.. mate you don't have a bigger text?? 🤣🤣🤣

• 2 months later...