Logitech G29 Issues

Posted (edited)

The more I use the G29 on F1 2020 the more I realize how broken it is, talking to friends who have Thrustmaster wheels etc they don't seem to have any of the problems us G29 users are experiencing. I've tried so many different settings like turning the wheel rotation to 270 degrees and that's helped with the rotation issues but after further testing I've noticed it's mainly the traction coming out of corners, I can't seem to get any grip even on a gradual input, the rear seems to always want to slide and cause issues so I have no confidence and it's losing me so much time. A lot of my friends who are on the G29 are saying they're having the same issues, just wondering if anyone else is coming across the same problems as us and if so have you found a way to sort it? if not I'd like to see Codemasters look into this and come up with a potential fix because right now it's so slow being on the G29, thanks.   

Edited by SlendermanXXI

Yes, I am having the same issue and thought nothing of it until I read this. Oh corner exits the wheels spin no matter what and I thought this the traction on the new game was suppose to be way better.

• Agree 1

Put a small deadzone on the throttle and increase the linearity to suit?

I posted about this in tech support, I have the same issues with my G920. It's so bad in fact, I went back to my dfgt instead and instantly felt a big improvement. Although it does seem inconsistent at times.

• Agree 1

Here is the biggest example I could get showing how bad it is to drive on this game with the wheel

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, SlendermanXXI said:

Here is the biggest example I could get showing how bad it is to drive on this game with the wheel

Wow that is bad...and yes that is exactly what it is like.

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, SlendermanXXI said:

Εδώ είναι το μεγαλύτερο παράδειγμα που θα μπορούσα να δείξω πόσο κακό είναι να οδηγώ σε αυτό το παιχνίδι με το τιμόνι

try to put their temperature on "surface only" it helped me personally a lot

Edited by babis1986

On 7/18/2020 at 7:56 AM, steviejay69 said:

Put a small deadzone on the throttle and increase the linearity to suit?

I've turned my linearity to 50 and it's still causing me issues, if I put the deadzone up I'll lose so much time on traction, I think it's a fundamental problem within the game, the pad is ridiculously over powered for traction as well which doesn't help