Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
F1 2020 |NEW PATCH AND DRIVER RATINGS | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

new engine penalty bug

1. A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

New engine put in and received 22 second place grid penalty

2.Platform

PC

3. What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

4. Game-mode? 

My Team

5.What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

I didnt Replicated AM JUST SWICTHED THE ******* ENGINE FOR THE MONACO GRAND PRIX AND RECEIVED ******* PENALTY WHY CODEMASTERS WHY

6.What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

I dont troubleshooting beacuse am in the race

7.What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

Keyboard

8.Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   

20200717170219_1.thumb.jpg.ad6f82951e6dd4cdee3eba7c64684b37.jpg

What parts of the Power Unit did you exactly change so I can replicate

Got the same Issue

i started Q1 with my old NR 2 Engine

After my Q1 Lap i switched to my

NR3 Engine and i got a 22 places Grid Penalty for Parts Changing

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 
see above

2.       Platform PS4 normal slim
3.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

newest i think 1.03
4.       Game-mode? 

My team
5.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 
Got it a second time
6.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

7.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

Gamepad
8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   

The timing of the engine change is important here.  If you did it after you started Q1, then you did it after the start of the parc ferme period, and you will get penalized - even if it is only your 2nd or 3rd instance of that particular component.  You must do Q1/Q2/Q3 and the race with the exact same engine components or you will get a grid penalty.  That's the same as the real-world F1 rules.

• Agree 1

If you change between qualify and the race you get a penalty per changed part theres a warning displayed before you do this.

• Agree 1

But that didnt happened in f1 2019 and f1 2020 when am changed the engine am get any warning so IDK

Maybe you had the parc ferme rules turned off when you played 2019?  If not and the game let you do that, then it was really a bug with 2019 because it should have penalized you for it - it's been this way for as long as I can remember.  I can't speak to you getting the warning or not as I haven't changed any components after the start of Q1.

36 minutes ago, zoltan1996 said:

But that didnt happened in f1 2019 and f1 2020 when am changed the engine am get any warning so IDK

@JKSullivan and @TheCroc84 are spot on. This aspect of the parc ferme rules are as old as the grave and Codemasters F1 games being trying to provide a simulation of the motorsport, you can bet that if this was not the case on F1 2019 (i.e. being able to swap parts in-between Q1 and the race) we'd have a torrent of topics pointing out the issue.

We've got topics just to say the half the color of the kerbs of one circuit are wrong, just imagine getting the regulations wrong?

That is not to say that there ain't any bugs. It's just that the "it wasn't this way before" won't fly, mate.

1 hour ago, TheCroc84 said:

If you change between qualify and the race you get a penalty per changed part theres a warning displayed before you do this.

Ok then its my fault and codemaster done it right 

Posted (edited)

Now its getting weird

so i got my Grid Penalties for the engine change in Parc Ferme

I completed Q2 on 12 and get 88 places Grid Penalty

In the race i started at 12 but my Grid Position was shown as 22nd (damn i dont know how to tell that right in english) just look at the picture

Starting Position 12 but Grid 22

ED713D6F-AB0C-433A-82F1-ED687A2ED629.jpeg

8F46144C-6827-451C-965C-66A9E81A61C2.jpeg

Edited by Walker31

OK, I agree that's weird....  

And just trying to be helpful for future reference - in English it's 22nd 🙂