Jump to content Jump to content

Color slider guide, classic team colors

2 hours ago, TomEmilioDavies said:

I know it’s not what you’re asking, but if you want Lotus gold 

809B8E37-48AB-4700-B55E-F80FA2663639.jpeg

I've been trying to pin this down. Thanks.

You wouldn't happen to have a ballpark on Brawn GP Green, would you? No matter what I try it comes out too yellow. Ironically enough that's the same issue I was having with the gold.

This is why there should be a livery sharing(and a deeper creation suite) aspect to this(like community creations in the NBA2K series). Some people are just better at this stuff than others. But that's a topic for another thread.

@hippoSURF got you, fam.

If I were to draw inspiration from a real team's colors like your Brawn, here's my what I would do.

Got this pic from google. Since it is a photo, lightning conditions will greatly influence the pixel color, but this way you'll get into the right ballpark. Alternatively, you could google for [TEAM NAME] "HEX" "COLOR" and see if someone actually has that color code already. If you were looking for current teams it is easier, obviously. With an image in hands, I fired up Paint.Net, selected the Color Picker and got the HEX value from it. As you can see in the screenshot Paint.net also has HSV values (highlighted), but that's a slightly different scale than the one used by the game – HSL. Anyway:

image.png.dc85524c9fe30f7e520ffd01808bef6e.png

With the hex code in hand (FAFF41), I drop by this lovely site Coolors where I can generate color palettes randomly based on different matching methods (complementary, triadic, etc.) but, most importantly, get a HSL setting for the HEX code. Just insert the hex and check the HSL parameters:

image.png.45fdf50d51696337b34c0aab58111509.png 

If you're willing to free up the artist inside you, lock the color and generate different palettes as you see fit.

Hope it helps.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2
9 hours ago, marioho said:

@hippoSURF got you, fam.

If I were to draw inspiration from a real team's colors like your Brawn, here's my what I would do.

Got this pic from google. Since it is a photo, lightning conditions will greatly influence the pixel color, but this way you'll get into the right ballpark. Alternatively, you could google for [TEAM NAME] "HEX" "COLOR" and see if someone actually has that color code already. If you were looking for current teams it is easier, obviously. With an image in hands, I fired up Paint.Net, selected the Color Picker and got the HEX value from it. As you can see in the screenshot Paint.net also has HSV values (highlighted), but that's a slightly different scale than the one used by the game – HSL. Anyway:

With the hex code in hand (FAFF41), I drop by this lovely site Coolors where I can generate color palettes randomly based on different matching methods (complementary, triadic, etc.) but, most importantly, get a HSL setting for the HEX code. Just insert the hex and check the HSL parameters:

If you're willing to free up the artist inside you, lock the color and generate different palettes as you see fit.

Hope it helps.

very helpful actually. thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2020 at 8:20 AM, marioho said:

@hippoSURF got you, fam.

Hope it helps.

This is probably going to be a silly question man, but on that site, Coolors, how do I actually create a pallette? When I load it up it has the default 5 colour pallette, I can find a hex code, put it into one of them, and get the HSL cose to use in F1 2020, but I don't see how to create a pallette from that one HEX? 

I'm missing something painfully obvious..

1 hour ago, KNT2011 said:

This is probably going to be a silly question man, but on that site, Coolors, how do I actually create a pallette? When I load it up it has the default 5 colour pallette, I can find a hex code, put it into one of them, and get the HSL cose to use in F1 2020, but I don't see how to create a pallette from that one HEX? 

I'm missing something painfully obvious..

You mean generate a palette to match your selected color accordingly to the criteria you chose? Just press the spacebar haha! Make sure to "lock" the definitive colors before pressing it though as it refreshes all color slots.

Is that it or I misunderstood?

• Disagree 1
7 hours ago, marioho said:

You mean generate a palette to match your selected color accordingly to the criteria you chose? Just press the spacebar haha! Make sure to "lock" the definitive colors before pressing it though as it refreshes all color slots.

Is that it or I misunderstood?

ah, yes, I was missing something obvious :classic_laugh:

Is it still kind of random then regardless? Or are these other colours now picked to work with the one I've chosen?

Maybe I'm imagining the site to do something it doesn't. 

Thanks for the assist. 

@KNT2011 on the tool bar at the top right you choose one method for color matching. The results vary accordingly and I think the default one is Automatic. They put you one google away from feeling like a professional designer by learning what a complimentary and a triadic color palettes are.

Edited by marioho
  • Agree 1
  • 11 months later...

@sparkyeagle111 checked here and indeed the game manages the HSL system in 0-240 scale. Probably due to the tooling available to them as that is how Microsoft products work too. So it is actually way easier to simply fire up good old Paint and grab the values from its color picker:

1309223164_F12020_20210716170209.thumb.png.6f4bef32bc2998adfbbd6ae7272808c3.png

I'm sorry for that.

So in a nutshell, if you find yourself with the regular 0-360/0-100/0-100 HSL scale and wants to recreate it in the game with its 0-239/0-240/0-240 HSL one, just multiply the values by:

• Hue: 0.67
  • Saturation: 2.4
  • Luminance: 2.4

Hope it helps.

On 7/16/2021 at 9:17 PM, marioho said:

So in a nutshell, if you find yourself with the regular 0-360/0-100/0-100 HSL scale and wants to recreate it in the game with its 0-239/0-240/0-240 HSL one, just multiply the values by:

• Hue: 0.67
  • Saturation: 2.4
  • Luminance: 2.4

Hope it helps.

This is great advice.

However, you can also take the Hex code and put it into Formula1color.com (not my site) and it will covert it for you too. 🙂

• Thanks 1