DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rain effect on low-spec PC

Hi, i wanted to raise the question if the rain effect could have been altered to support lower-spec PC's? My Dell Inspiron 7347 meets the minimum requirements and as long as i am driving dry stages i can keep pretty decent framerate all over the stages, but when it rains... The game becomes unplayable on the lowest settings possible. Please dive into that and check what can be done to make this better.

I second this. My FPS is more or less halved when it rains.
I've also turned every possible setting as low as I can, and then the gpu just about manage to keep the frames "flowing".

Many trees give a similar performance hit, but thankfully it helps to turn down the details on them. Wales in the rain is a huge challenge for older graphics cards.

Set Weather to High instead of Low
Well... this response isn't one of all the responses i expected... I will definitely give it a try, although it's pretty counter intuitive ;)

Skiddy is right though. The rain more or less disappears on high, while it's present on low. I think they accidentally got that backwards.

I had to drop resolution to 720 when I had the weather set on Low. I don't have to change anything with it set to high.

For the rest of the community i confirm that changing the weather settings from LOW to HIGH solves the issue. Rain is still visible, but is "different". Anyway... rainy stages - here i come! :)