F1 2020 |NEW PATCH AND DRIVER RATINGS | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Vote for the best MyTeam story now! Read more... ×

F1 Career Mode

So i've been playing the career mode for a couple of weeks now but after i do some upgrades in the r&d department on the main screen it shows that 'one or more fitted vehicle components have excessive wear' and since then i have to retire because my car breaks down in races. How do i resolve this?

You can switch components on the main career mode screen, in between sessions or in a session. Anything in red should be changed, orange you may need to soon and green is still good.

Under the Vehicle tab you can switch out worn Power Unit components for new ones. Managing these has been part of the career mode for a few years now.

So in the vehicle tab when i change a component in red it shows that it would increase the car wear and well i've done that but still the message doesn't go away. Can't it happen because of the frequent r&d parts i develop because with installing each part there's a certain precentage of failure associated with it?

The failure percentage pertains to the chance you have of successfully developing that upgrade. It will either be a success and automatically "fitted" in your car or it will fail and you'll have to spend R&D points on it again for the upgrade to be developed. There's no third possible outcome.

What you're describing is component wear, without a doubt. 

2 hours ago, Saheb28 said:

So in the vehicle tab when i change a component in red it shows that it would increase the car wear

You're probably trying to fit a even more worn component.

Bear in mind too that there is average wear and that specific component's wear, both stats given as percentages. You will notice some kind of performance loss whenever any component goes beyond 49% wear in my experience. With a few you can probably stretch the usage until early 60s with no too harsh performance compromise, but I rarely go beyong 50s if I can manage.

3 hours ago, Saheb28 said:

and well i've done that but still the message doesn't go away.

What message? The Pending regarding the new component installation? If so that is by design as it is a simulation of FIA rules. The component is installed already, but FIA only considers it fitted when the car leaves the garage with it. The red Pending tag will be with you until you do, even though the new component is fitted long before that.