F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE Read more... ×

Suddenly everybody is so quick ? Why

With handling slowly but surely clising the gap to the 'proper sims' players are going to have to adapt or drop difficultys.

I had to go from 95 to 80 at the start of 2019s game although I do blame kimis overly fast ai as I try to stay within a few tenths of my team mate ahead or behind.at the end of season I was able to beat him on 85 for pure pace.

Used ai 90 in my first career race which was at barhain (10 race covid season cannot change order though) was 1.4 seconds off my team mate jack aitken so back to 85 for the race where it seems fairer but I am sticking at raw pace at 90 to try and force me to improve or go home!

Its no fun being miles quicker but slower gives you stuff to work on maybe try something similar.

1 hour ago, Inteze said:

Hi,

I bought the new F1 2020 game, I came quick to the realisation that everybody is so very quick in "Ranked Multiplayer". How is that happening ? 
I consider myself as a quick driver, with most of my previous ranked races on the older F1 games as wins. I am not new to this and had fastest lap on almost every lobby. But I struggle to keep up on this games because everybody is so crazy quick, and I mean everybody in my lobbies ? 

Can someone explain to me what´s going on or what I am doing wrong ? 

Thanks

Unfortunately for you it seems you are not as fast as you think you are

It may have a lot to do with your driving style.

Honestly I struggled with 2019. I consider myself a decent driver and was struggling to match the AI on most circuits at 103. This year I've finished in 11th place twice in the first 3 MyTeam races at 107 and the other race I finished on the podium 😂

Don't feel disheartened though, it's like jumping into a new job, you'll take time to adapt 🙂

8 hours ago, mattb97 said:

It may have a lot to do with your driving style.

Honestly I struggled with 2019. I consider myself a decent driver and was struggling to match the AI on most circuits at 103. This year I've finished in 11th place twice in the first 3 MyTeam races at 107 and the other race I finished on the podium 😂

Don't feel disheartened though, it's like jumping into a new job, you'll take time to adapt 🙂

yes you are right, I was so frustrated that I played the whole day while changing my approach and my usual results are slowly coming back haha thank you, cheers

23 hours ago, Inteze said:

I bought the new F1 2020 game, I came quick to the realisation that everybody is so very quick in "Ranked Multiplayer". How is that happening ? 

They're just that good.

I would imagine at this stage of the game's lifecycle the majority of "regular" players are exploring My Team and Career, which leaves only the hardcore doing Ranked. I'm sure some of the F1 Esports potentials are using Ranked to train as well.

If you're not up around 100+ AI Difficulty I'd imagine the faster Ranked drivers will be too quick for you.

I'm at around 80 at the moment and am getting left behind online. Just got to get faster I guess 🙂 

• Like 1

The cars have more grip on this game.

More grip means easier to drive.

In theory if more people can drive with confidence the car will stick in corners the gap will close between the drivers.

Also, to me it seems there is more emphasis on smooth driving, and without that you will be punished more so than previously.

• Like 1

I would agree with that. The cars are easier to push, which raises the skill floor.

It also means that people who were experts at more difficult cars in previous games (spoiler: not me) can now push even harder, raising the skill ceiling even higher.

When F1 Esports kicks off I'm sure we'll see some crazy fast performances, and I imagine players are using Ranked to explore the limits right now.

• Agree 1

I think everyone is overlooking the glaringly obvious here....   If we're simply talking about comparing ourselves to online times and time trial mode times...  Cheats are a big factor here. It's well documented all over the web, and in some threads here.

23 minutes ago, petro1319 said:

I think everyone is overlooking the glaringly obvious here....   If we're simply talking about comparing ourselves to online times and time trial mode times...  Cheats are a big factor here. It's well documented all over the web, and in some threads here.

Not necessarily.

Me and a couple of friends were identical pace on the last game.

This game whilst its early days they are a few tenths quicker than me.

I think a lot of it is driving style and learning the new handling.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, SIMRACER123 said:

I think a lot of it is driving style and learning the new handling.

Wholly agreed. Cheats can be blamed on the minority of glaringly impossible lap times. You can’t account the closer competition success to cheats. That is nearly hubris.

A new handling model though? That’s a fact and one that 100% or the player base has to deal with.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, petro1319 said:

Nope, I mentioned this earlier in the thread but as the OP was talking about everyone I don't think this is the answer, particularly as they explained that they had got slower rather than others having got quicker.

• Like 1