Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Behavior when releasing gas pedal

I think its just not good. Car should decrease speed much slower than it does actually. In fact, in some slow cars, theres no much difference between full braking and release gas pedal (old Mini i.e.). This happens even driving with long gears in downhills... Brake motor has not such hard retention. What do you think?

Engine braking is definitely too strong, and it's an absolute nightmare in the Sport Quattro.

Engine braking is definitely too strong, and it's an absolute nightmare in the Sport Quattro.
Yeah, the Quattro feels kinda stiff compared to the rest of group B

I think they said in a previous stream that this was going to be reviewed and altered in all original cars, I think it's accepted that engine braking is way too strong.

With standard setup yes (Quattro Pikes Peak Tarmac) but stiffening the suspension, changing  brakebalance a.s.o. to balance the car helped me  a lot - but agree lifting throttle comes quiet aggressive...

If the engine braking is reduced substantially to realistic levels, it would be possible to have much more realistic drifts, especially around hairpins and slower turns. As it is right now, the moment you slow down and lift up, the car just stops rotating as soon as you let go the brake or handbrake. It carries no momentum because of the super strong engine braking.

Another reason could be too high friction somewhere in the drivetrain model. That may also explain the sluggish throttle response and acceleration, even on shortest gears.

Playing with an Xbox 360 Controller I seem to have the problem of not being able to keep the revs up mid corner, like, I cannot brake and rev the engine at the same time.  Presumably partly because I am not using a clutch - I wonder if there might be a way round this.

Blither said:
Playing with an Xbox 360 Controller I seem to have the problem of not being able to keep the revs up mid corner, like, I cannot brake and rev the engine at the same time.  Presumably partly because I am not using a clutch - I wonder if there might be a way round this.
Nope, it uses a single axis unfortunately. This means brake and throttle inputs cancel each other out. You can separate them with a custom driver, but there is no way to do it with the MS driver.

enamel said:
Blither said:
Nope, it uses a single axis unfortunately. This means brake and throttle inputs cancel each other out. You can separate them with a custom driver, but there is no way to do it with the MS driver.
Didn't realise that. I hope they fix this.

enamel said:
Blither said:
Ahh, makes total sense given you have the same problem with RBR.  Only way round it I found with RBR (so you could do the Rally School) was to map a shoulder button to brake too, which bypasses the axis issue, I think.

Really need to find my Xbox 360 steering wheel and pedals. Can't believe I've lost it, they're bloody huge :(

I hadn't really thought much about this prior to this poll. Having initially voted for no change I have been more aware of this issue and would now change my vote.

The engine braking is far too strong and does need some adjusting to make it more realistic.

It's on the radar and will be fixed. Pikes Peak cars does not suffer from it though.

Pikes Peak cars are absolutely impossible to drive with a controller.  Or is it just me?

Blither said:
Pikes Peak cars are absolutely impossible to drive with a controller.  Or is it just me?
Hillclimbers in general are quite hard to drive, it's very easy to go too fast and lose control. 

Hi all, i don't know if it's just me but, do you feel any improvement of the behavior of the car? I feel it little bit better when i release the gas pedal. Anybody can confirm it?
Another question, do you feel the behavior when releasing the gas pedal little different on the RX cars? 

Thanks!

It think this have been improved.

I have to test more cars, but I believe now is better!

Maybe its the many hous spent since my last check of this issue... or maybe I´m getting used to it.. but, I feel the cars (overall) more natural now.

Have codies mentioned this in changelogs? I cant remember if it was tweaked or something.

Well I think this was another success.

Cars feels great now when you release throtle.

Thanks codies!!!!