F1 2020 | PODIUM PASS SERIES 2 NOW LIVE| READ ME!!! Read more... ×
F1 2020 | CODEMASTERS PC FORUM CHAMPIONSHIP | LOOKING FOR DRIVERS Read more... ×

What camera do you use?

What camera do you mainly use?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Camera angle:

• Wing
    • Nose
    • Cockpit
    • TV-Pod
    • TV-Pod Offset
    • Chase Near
    • Chase Far
  2. 2. Do you customise your chosen camera(s)?

• Yes
    • No

Its a video game.... So T-cam offset all the way. I cant turn my head to see whats going on soooo

12 hours ago, martbloke said:

From a cockpit user, if I were to use TCam, these angles are really nice. Low for the TCam & tight but able to see your mirrors! Great shots too!!

EDIT: In fact, can you please send me those settings. I may give them a sneaky go at some point 🙂

Hi! Here it is my camera settings! Hope you will use it in the future!! 😄

F1® 2020_20200730152244.jpg

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Cockpit with a bit more vertical height. The halo column doesn’t bother me.DFFMdB9.jpg

I used T-cam when I played these games with a controller. Now that I use a wheel, I prefer cockpit for that little bit extra immersion.

Edited by MikeV27
  • Agree 1

On 7/18/2020 at 3:09 PM, PJTierney said:

T-Cam Offset, however I use a custom high angle, look-down approach, similar to the older F1 games.

HUD off when I am recording B-Roll for my own YouTube, unless necessary to illustrate a point.

image.png

People keep asking me on YouTube for my camera settings, so here they are:

Camera: TV-Pod Offset
Field of View: -0.30
Lateral Offset: -0.60
Horizontal Offset: -0.70
Vertical Offset: +1.00
Angle: -1.00
Near Clip Plane: +1.00
Mirror Angle: -0.20
Camera Shake: 0.0%

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@PJTierney now that's a video I respect. Sweatband and all. I even fancy one from time to time but not when playing F1, unfortunately. Worst case scenario I lock my hair on an overturned t-shirt. 

Camera settings is one thing I had never dwelt much on. I mean, except the choose your starting pokemon kind of choice between cockpit and TV Pod views. Since those things never have a straight forward answer, what is the general trade off? Better apex visualization on corner entry vs wider field-of-view for improved awareness when defending? There doesn't seem to be a setting that neatly accommodates both things.

Edited by marioho

9 hours ago, marioho said:

Sweatband and all.

It's only because my hair's an absolute mess 😄 

• Haha 2

On 7/18/2020 at 4:23 PM, BelgiumDude said:

Cockpit with halo disabled and rearview mirror activated.

Yup!

For me this is the nice balance between doing it realistic, but at the same time have good control over my surroundings so I'm a safe driver 🙂

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

Cockpit, although I find whenever I use T-cam, I am faster but I don’t enjoy it as much so I put up with being about 0.5 seconds slower give or take a tenth or two and use cockpit. Used to have halo off when using racing line assist, as it was too hard to see the braking point until it was too late, found myself having to drive slightly off line to see it. Now I don’t use the racing line assist I’ve turned the halo back on. 

Edited by johnboy83

imo Cockpit or T-cam are valid.   The whole "floating above and behind the car" views need to die off, utter nonsense.  You can't even see the corner apex when using those silly views.

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Cevertracer said:

imo Cockpit or T-cam are valid.   The whole "floating above and behind the car" views need to die off, utter nonsense.  You can't even see the corner apex when using those silly views.

Better peripheral vision than TV-Pod or Cockpit though, which may be useful for some people in Multiplayer 😉 

Cockpit view, halo disabled , I have tried with and without halo really has not had an effect on my performance prefer without seems to be a mild annoyance to me.don’t think you would notice as much irl due to binocular vision.  No assists, no look to apex. Driver tags off, no mini map, try to make as realistic as possible though impossible to be perfect due to single screen, no g forces felt or heat,

my fov is prob not technically correct it is just a bit more than what the calculators say so I can have a reasonable chance in wheel to wheel battles. Proximity arrows and virtual mirror on to compensate for not being able to look left or right, fov -30 horizontal adjust .30, everything else default.came up with this looking at pics vids of inside view from cars. 42” screen eyes about 33” from screen. Can see most of the tires but not outer edge forget about the side mirrors if you want to be at least somewhat close to what you would see without being able to look left or right

• Agree 1

I use Cockpit view with an custom FOV based and inspired with my real Racing experience.. Had tried sometimes to play in TOffset T CAM but isn t the same thing.. 

I have used tcam from GP3, no one will never convince me that it isn't the best cam.

I use default view usually, but I'll try out PJTierneys' settings

6 hours ago, Ryne said:

I use default view usually, but I'll try out PJTierneys' settings

Speaking of, I made a video last week:

@PJTierney how do you overlay picture on game screen?

i would like to have realistic camera as possible

but i do not know how to do it

9 minutes ago, massa88 said:

@PJTierney how do you overlay picture on game screen?

I grabbed a screenshot of real footage online (and of F1 2010) and put it into Streamlabs OBS at 50% opacity.

Next, I send my gameplay feed into the software too. When I'm setting the camera up I look at the capture software and not my TV/monitor 🙂 

• Thanks 1

I only use Cockpit Camera in all racing games and simulators i play. It is the most realistic view.

Sadly Codemasters have not introduced a proper Helmet Cam as of yet. And the steering wheel display is also lacking lots of vital information. Not to mention the fact that we still do not have VR as a option.

Cockpit Racing has lots of potential. Codemasters have lots to do, to make it a more appealing and realistic, as well as immersive, experience.

Edited by TheEmpireWasRight
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, TheEmpireWasRight said:

I only use Cockpit Camera in all racing games and simulators i play. It is the most realistic view.

Sadly Codemasters have not introduced a proper Helmet Cam as of yet. And the steering wheel display is also lacking lots of vital information. Not to mention the fact that we still do not have VR as a option.

Cockpit Racing has lots of potential. Codemasters have lots to do, to make it a more appealing and realistic, as well as immersive, experience.

Agree 200 % with you mate.. I think there is Time enough to introduce the official and real LCD displays in all cars of the grid.. And apart from that the official Halo Hud should be introduced aswell 

• Agree 1

I use cockpit with no halo. A semi transparent halo would be great. Realistic FOV. No assists. No map lines or tags. I do have proximity arrows and the virtual mirror. One thing I did that I like is I moved the virtual mirror to the lower left portion of my screen similar to looking into an actual mirror. I’ve found I don’t like anything at the top of the screen. I find it distracting while racing. 

10 hours ago, CarlosSantos87 said:

Agree 200 % with you mate.. I think there is Time enough to introduce the official and real LCD displays in all cars of the grid.. And apart from that the official Halo Hud should be introduced aswell 

I've been asking for an external HUD for cockpit for years. A proper LCD display would not help me much while driving, because my wheel overlaps the virtual wheel so I wouldn't see it anyway. Another itch in my back is not being able to see/record my throttle and brake telemetry while driving in cockpit.

There is no logical reason not to have a HUD as an option in cockpit. Never seen anyone from CM even try to explain why it's still not there.

• Like 2

I use default cockpit camera with halo. I have not bothered to change the settings. It seems very easy to drive on them, and I play on a pad with no assists.

10 minutes ago, Krisperfectline said:

I use default cockpit camera with halo. I have not bothered to change the settings. It seems very easy to drive on them, and I play on a pad with no assists.

Perhaps you happen to be just at the right distance for the defaults or you're just otherwise used to them. For me, constantly seeing two steering wheels and four hands is not what I expect.

35 minutes ago, janbonator said:

Perhaps you happen to be just at the right distance for the defaults or you're just otherwise used to them. For me, constantly seeing two steering wheels and four hands is not what I expect.

Turning points are the only slightest challenge. But braking zones are fine as long as there are meter boards around. Otherwise, I’ll have to base my braking based on the sound of the car.