F1 2020 | PITCOINS NOW ASSIGNED - ONLINE SERVICES BACK ONLINE| READ ME!!! Read more... ×

What camera do you use?

What camera do you mainly use?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Camera angle:

• Wing
    • Nose
    • Cockpit
    • TV-Pod
    • TV-Pod Offset
    • Chase Near
    • Chase Far
  2. 2. Do you customise your chosen camera(s)?

• Yes
    • No

Its a video game.... So T-cam offset all the way. I cant turn my head to see whats going on soooo

12 hours ago, martbloke said:

From a cockpit user, if I were to use TCam, these angles are really nice. Low for the TCam & tight but able to see your mirrors! Great shots too!!

EDIT: In fact, can you please send me those settings. I may give them a sneaky go at some point 🙂

Hi! Here it is my camera settings! Hope you will use it in the future!! 😄

F1® 2020_20200730152244.jpg

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Cockpit with a bit more vertical height. The halo column doesn’t bother me.DFFMdB9.jpg

I used T-cam when I played these games with a controller. Now that I use a wheel, I prefer cockpit for that little bit extra immersion.

Edited by MikeV27

On 7/18/2020 at 3:09 PM, PJTierney said:

T-Cam Offset, however I use a custom high angle, look-down approach, similar to the older F1 games.

HUD off when I am recording B-Roll for my own YouTube, unless necessary to illustrate a point.

image.png

People keep asking me on YouTube for my camera settings, so here they are:

Camera: TV-Pod Offset
Field of View: -0.30
Lateral Offset: -0.60
Horizontal Offset: -0.70
Vertical Offset: +1.00
Angle: -1.00
Near Clip Plane: +1.00
Mirror Angle: -0.20
Camera Shake: 0.0%

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@PJTierney now that's a video I respect. Sweatband and all. I even fancy one from time to time but not when playing F1, unfortunately. Worst case scenario I lock my hair on an overturned t-shirt. 

Camera settings is one thing I had never dwelt much on. I mean, except the choose your starting pokemon kind of choice between cockpit and TV Pod views. Since those things never have a straight forward answer, what is the general trade off? Better apex visualization on corner entry vs wider field-of-view for improved awareness when defending? There doesn't seem to be a setting that neatly accommodates both things.

Edited by marioho

9 hours ago, marioho said:

Sweatband and all.

It's only because my hair's an absolute mess 😄 

• Haha 1

On 7/18/2020 at 4:23 PM, BelgiumDude said:

Cockpit with halo disabled and rearview mirror activated.

Yup!

For me this is the nice balance between doing it realistic, but at the same time have good control over my surroundings so I'm a safe driver 🙂

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Cockpit, although I find whenever I use T-cam, I am faster but I don’t enjoy it as much so I put up with being about 0.5 seconds slower give or take a tenth or two and use cockpit. Used to have halo off when using racing line assist, as it was too hard to see the braking point until it was too late, found myself having to drive slightly off line to see it. Now I don’t use the racing line assist I’ve turned the halo back on. 

Edited by johnboy83

imo Cockpit or T-cam are valid.   The whole "floating above and behind the car" views need to die off, utter nonsense.  You can't even see the corner apex when using those silly views.

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Cevertracer said:

imo Cockpit or T-cam are valid.   The whole "floating above and behind the car" views need to die off, utter nonsense.  You can't even see the corner apex when using those silly views.

Better peripheral vision than TV-Pod or Cockpit though, which may be useful for some people in Multiplayer 😉