1. 1. Camera angle:

• Wing
    • Nose
    • Cockpit
    • TV-Pod
    • TV-Pod Offset
    • Chase Near
    • Chase Far
  2. 2. Do you customise your chosen camera(s)?

• Yes
    • No

13 hours ago, janbonator said:

I've been asking for an external HUD for cockpit for years. A proper LCD display would not help me much while driving, because my wheel overlaps the virtual wheel so I wouldn't see it anyway. Another itch in my back is not being able to see/record my throttle and brake telemetry while driving in cockpit.

There is no logical reason not to have a HUD as an option in cockpit. Never seen anyone from CM even try to explain why it's still not there.

Exactly mate.. The introduction of the Halo Hud upside position its an request from a lot of us and Codemasters should introduce it. And would be awesome because gives a lot of more fun and immersion when playing 

5 hours ago, CarlosSantos87 said:

Exactly mate.. The introduction of the Halo Hud upside position its an request from a lot of us and Codemasters should introduce it. And would be awesome because gives a lot of more fun and immersion when playing 

The weird thing is I was just looking through old screenshots when I noticed that F1 2016 still had the HUD in cockpit view. Why would they remove it? WHY?

Grabbed PJTierney's camera settings and I thought they were not bad. Tweaked them a bit for myself because I wanted to see a bit more reflections because I love them haha.

Should have figured it would affect my FPS though

• Like 1

On 9/11/2020 at 1:24 AM, CarlosSantos87 said:

i dont understand how adding anything that isnt in cockpit view can 'add immersion'?

Anything that isnt what the driver sees is an immersion killer, certainly for me at least. Unless the driver sits on top of the airbox - which i must have missed while watching racing all these years...

27 minutes ago, dshepsman said:

i dont understand how adding anything that isnt in cockpit view can 'add immersion'?

Anything that isnt what the driver sees is an immersion killer, certainly for me at least. Unless the driver sits on top of the airbox - which i must have missed while watching racing all these years...

Not how I would have put it but I tend to agree with this. Personally I want everything as close to what the driver sees, simply for the immersion.

My new camera view is quite stupid lol, all of my friends hate it

I'd like to think I'm piloting a plane with it tho, it looks like a car with wings! Thanks PJTierney

20200915020849_1_2.jpg

Edited by Ryne

1 hour ago, Ryne said:

My new camera view is quite stupid lol, all of my friends hate it

I'd like to think I'm piloting a plane with it tho, it looks like a car with wings! Thanks PJTierney

20200915020849_1_2.jpg

The speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed 😄 

If I'm playing any game with a wheel, I'm playing it always on cockpit cam with as close to a mathematically correct FOV as possible.

So for me is cockpit cam, MINIMUM FOV, +0.50 vertical offset, +0.05 angle, camera shake, camera movement and look to apex all off.

I play in a 34" ultrawide monitor sitting 2.5 feet away from my face. It just feels like sitting in the real car, it's awesome. And with the godsend addition of a virtual mirror this year, this setup is finally playable for wheel-to-wheel racing. Thank you so much for this, Codies.

Halo column is on, it doesn't bother me. HUD is on, because my wheel is mostly cut out of the screen and I need the info. Minimap off, driver tags off.

Edited by Gonira

Was driving cockpit now tvpodI did some testing and my times and races pretty equal between the 2. Tvpod to me is a bit more aesthetically pleasing and I like the wheel to wheel battles viewing. However I no longer use the proximity arrows I depend on the virtual rear view and the small side mirrors only. Adjusted view so I can see the side mirrors at bottom of screen No mini map or driver tags since the driver tags are a bit of a cheat in rain. No assists