Jump to content Jump to content

Ranked races not really 'ranked' races

I am a beginner (with bronce level 1) and want to play ranked races to compete with round about the same (un)skilled players.

BUT, instead of that, I have to play with bronce level 2 and 3, and also against silver levels 1-3.

Sorry Codemasters, this is not how it works. And this is exactly what make the f1 2020 (also f1 2019) no fun at all for beginners. With that kind of match making, beginners like me always loose and be at the end. I have not even a chance to improve my rating!!! This is just a frustrating experience, and it could be much better, so that beginners have also fun.

It would be so nice to play against bronce level 1 (like me) and level 2, but not higher. So players like me would have a chance to reach bronce level 2.

It just makes on sence to come into races with player of all bronce and all silver levels. This has nothing to do with a ranked system. It is then no difference to 'unranked' because, here also all types of experienced players are mixed!

Edited by vTeritron

Have you considered there maybe not enough bronze lvl1 on at the time you were to create a ranked race so you were put with bronze 2 and 3 to make up the numbers?  They have to do this otherwise you may spend hours and hours in a queue then go to forums to complain about that too.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, ChristianAnsell said:

Have you considered there maybe not enough bronze lvl1 on at the time you were to create a ranked race so you were put with bronze 2 and 3 to make up the numbers?  They have to do this otherwise you may spend hours and hours in a queue then go to forums to complain about that too.

Oh ok, sound reasonable, unfortunately for me.

• 3 months later...

BUT, instead of that, I have to play with bronce level 2 and 3, and also against silver levels 1-3.

After complaining a lot in the past, I want to tell you, that meanwhile things have normalized in F1 2020. The players base is now big enough to match drivers with similar skills together.

In the early days of F1 2020 I fall right town to Bronce I, because it seems, the first players who adopted from F1 2019 to F1 2020 were mostly good players.

But meanwhile I was able to go from Bronce (B) I over B II and B III to currently Silver I.

A little bit strange but I reached B II after crossing 400 Points, and B III after crossing 800 Points. Therefore I was a little suprised when I reached S I today after crossing 1100 Points (and not 1200 Points) 😉

Edited by vTeritron