Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

Error Code CE-34878-0 - PS4

1 hour ago, janbonator said:

1.       The game crashes after beating a rival in Time Trial with the error code CE-34878-0. When it happens my steering wheel also glitches out. It keeps holding some FFB, it vibrates and slowly turns left indefinitely until I unplug it from my PS4 (standard version). I also get the same error code when switching cars in Time Trial without going back to the main menus, but when doing this the steering wheel doesn't glitch out. I am using a Logitech G29.

2.       Game version 1.04. Installed from disc and updated directly from 1.00 to 1.04.

3.       Time Trial

4.       I didn't count the amount of times. Seems to happen every time under the conditions stated in section 1.

5.       Not much troubleshooting that could be done on a PS4. I tried other games, including 2019 and Dirt Rally 2.0 and had no problems whatsoever. Seeing how initializing the HDD has helped absolutely no one so far, I will refrain from such actions. It would literally take me over a week to download the stuff back, so I will want to know such a "fix" actually works before doing it. Seeing how many players have been affected by this in F12020, it has to be about the game. Was the 1.04 patch file corrupted or something?

6.       No video available

Thanks for the bug report. I have the same issues as yours.

The Time Trail issue is separate to the report codes, which we have with developers and are scheduling adding a fix for

• Disagree 1

The problem persists and there is no solution. It's impossible to play like that. 😡

21 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

The Time Trail issue is separate to the report codes, which we have with developers and are scheduling adding a fix for

@BarryBLI am sorry, but I think the problems are linked: many players and on different tool (ps4 Xbox and pc) occurred same problems during time trial... I cannot tell if this event occure also in other circuits, but for sure there is on Melbourne. Please, I suggest a check by codemaster for find the issue and verify no any occurrence in other circuits.

Thanks

Ps: I don't think the problem could be considered closed in my opinion. 

Edited by J0LL1D0NK
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, J0LL1D0NK said:

@BarryBLI am sorry, but I think the problems are linked: many players and on different tool (ps4 Xbox and pc) occurred same problems during time trial... I cannot tell if this event occure also in other circuits, but for sure there is on Melbourne. Please, I suggest a check by codemaster for find the issue and verify no any occurrence in other circuits.

Thanks

Ps: I don't think the problem could be considered closed in my opinion. 

Fair comment, but the PS error code is a separate PS issue, which may/may not be related. But we are investigating the TT issue, and have been able to replicate, so are in the process of resolving

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, BarryBL said:

Fair comment, but the PS error code is a separate PS issue, which may/may not be related. But we are investigating the TT issue, and have been able to replicate, so are in the process of resolving

It could be, but I o cured this error only with f1 2020. Many thanks for your support.. We wait a feedback on this

1 hour ago, BarryBL said:

Thanks @BarryBL for the quick response! But it's weird that many players are having the same issues. I think the game is making the CE errors. F1 2020 is the only game that's giving this errors on mine PS4pro.

Edited by MrStef85

It's the only game that gives me trouble. Many of us are affected. The problem has not been solved at all. It's a bug of the game and I hope they can be fixed with a patch. It's impossible to play. 😡

Edited by dbalarez

3 hours ago, BarryBL said:

So it's just a coincidence that multiple people are experiencing this code being triggered by the same event (beating rival time)

• Agree 2

Had some more runs. It happens on selected tracks. I had 0 issues when doing TT in Brazil, but got the error everytime I beat my rival on Bahrain.

Lf to the patch since Its clearly an issue with the game.

Edited by Naio90arg

You say you are investigating the TT issue, are you investigating the podium pass/item shop crash issue that is resulting in the same error code? I have taken the steps that Sony has suggested (delete game/save files and initialise PS4) but unfortunately the game is still crashing.

Thank you for being so active and vocal in the forums - I know this can't be an easy time right now

edit: seen a few other people having the issue on xbox/pc so even though the error code is a standard ps4/sony one I believe the error is with the game, hopefully a patch can fix this quickly!

Edited by TheSJC
  • Agree 1

Hello,

Just picked up the game today and getting the same error when I have started doing time trials. The game crashes and I get error code 34878-0. Really hope this can be fixed soon, have never had a game throw up errors like this and hard crash.

I agree with the other poster that it seems to happen more when I beat a rival.

• Agree 3

I have exactly the same problem. 

Ps4 digital Schumacher edition. 

Every time I try to open the podium pass or store the game crashes. 

Reinstalled the game 4 times both on the ps4 hard drive and an external drive but no difference. Just tried the last resort of initialisation of my ps4 and reinstalled the game but still the same. 

• Agree 1

Dear Codemasters,

I have the same issues on every track it happens in time trail. 

I drive the first 6 circuits, and it happens every time. 

Every other game is working well. Even F1 2019.

I reinitiated my PS4 Pro and reinstall the PS4 and F1 2020 software but the CE-34878-0 bug keeps popping up. Very annoying. When do you solve this issue? 

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, J0LL1D0NK said:

It could be, but I o cured this error only with f1 2020. Many thanks for your support.. We wait a feedback on this

@BarryBLI try also in Vietnam (always trial time) and I received same error when I better my time than my opponent. So, next days I will try other circuits, but I start think this Problem is on many circuits.

I hope this can help you to support me and other customer to resolve it.

Thanks

My F1 2020 has had this error messages about 15 to 20 times espically in my team career and career mode why do we keep getting these errors and want are you going to fix this especially on PS4 why is that I getting code whilst racing around China in my team career and in my F2 full season as well

Edited by Opt1musPr1meFan

Here's the problem: My Playstation 4 version of F1 2020 keeps crashing during time trials. Doesn't matter the track. Seems to occur when I set a faster lap than my closest rival. This has been happening since I booted F1 2020 up when it became available on release day. It's not my PS4. It's happening on all platforms; PC and Xbox One included - as reported on this and other forums. The Error code I get is CE-34878-0 with this message"An error has occurred in the following app (F1 2020)" About as generic as it gets Until Codemasters patches this, this issue will keep happening.

Edited by GrooveSim

People on the other platforms have the same issues, so it's definitily not a 'Sony' issue. Hopefully it's gonna be fixed soon, because it's not acceptable for a €80,- game.

Telling people to reinitialize their PS4s or revert their Xbox Ones to factory state, thereby losing all saved games and other files stored on hard drives, is really careless and irresponsible. That kind of thoughtless 'help' is so generic and a common 'solution' typically offered up by developers and publishers forum staffers, not just Codemasters. It's a crock though, and does more harm than good. Meanwhile, the issue is still ongoing. I purchased a $60 dollar product which is not performing as it should. The game keeps crashing during Time Trials, regardless of track, or car, or platform. That's where it begins and ends, Codemasters. Right on your doorstep.

Edited by GrooveSim
  • Agree 2

Omg, once again my game crashed in middle of the race. I have again wasted so much time. Because it happend to me previously I am saving the game every few laps but today I forgot. Ahhh. Just do something. I am so desperate.

Another issue: Sometimes when attempting to load into a track for a time trial session, the game hangs up at the loading screen. The bgm will still be playing, the track slideshow will still be playing, the loading screen icon is constantly in motion but the session never loads. The ONLY way to remedy this is to close the app then start again. This happens frequently. All issues I've experienced are directly tied to Time Trial. This is on PS4 but I have seen the same issues reported on all platforms. Seriously; is there going to be a response to this? Or just hope the issues resolve themselves? Perhaps give us an abort option? A way to back out to the main menu so we don't have to close the game completely?

While waiting for a fix for the TT issue, an easy work-around is to manually to set your rival to the world record holder. If you don't try to swap cars mid session and don't beat the WR, you'll be able to play without crashes.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, janbonator said:

While waiting for a fix for the TT issue, an easy work-around is to manually to set your rival to the world record holder. If you don't try to swap cars mid session and don't beat the WR, you'll be able to play without crashes.

Thanks a lot for posting an interim solution. I had kind of given up playing until it is fixed but will definitely give this a go. 

1 hour ago, janbonator said:

Yeah. Good suggestion. There are other issues but that's definitely a way to workaround the TT bug.