Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

Error Code CE-34878-0 - PS4

12 minutes ago, oswald41 said:

Im getting the same error codes ive done everything it shows on the playstation support and still doesnt work this is clearly a codemasters issue everyone of my 38 other games work fine i made a video of it happening

Exact same issue I am having. @BarryBL

3 minutes ago, TwoodyZ said:

Exact same issue I am having. @BarryBL

Wow... I am reinstalling the game and the 1.05 update as we speak (after deleting the game's data and the cache), I hope everything will be OK...

4 minutes ago, zodiac94 said:

Wow... I am reinstalling the game and the 1.05 update as we speak (after deleting the game's data and the cache), I hope everything will be OK...

Let me know please mate! I deleted and re-installed but I haven’t deleted my data/cache. Don’t really want to lose what I’ve achieved so far

For the love of all that's sacred; stop deleting all your saves and taking the desperate measure of re-initializing your PS4s and restoring your Xbox Ones to factory state. 1.05 was released by Codemasters to make fixes to F1 2020. The source of the problem was and is on their end. If you're experiencing issues with the 1.05 update/patch just report it and keep reading their Twitter and wait for Codemasters to fix it. In the meanwhile, if F1 2020 is unplayable, demand a refund or play something else until the next patch to fix the patch. 😕 lol Seriously, Codemasters. Great launch! *thumbs up* 

This has year could the buggiest ever, can expect it on PC a little due to all the variables but on fixed platforms?   Its not like its some indie title, the game is basically 2019 anyway just with better handling and and my team mode.   The menus, presentation and base platform hasn't really altered (unlike the last few years) so its strange to have all these issues.

So, I have done the following :
-Took off the Blu-Ray, uninstalled the game, deleted the game's data (was not an issue, as I wasn't able to play the game at all, didn't lose any sort of progress)
-Uninstalled the game

-Cleared the cache (switch off the PS4, AC Cord unplugged for more than 30 seconds etc.)
-Installed the game
-Installed the 1.05 update (make sure it downloads completely in once, don't pause or stop it during the process, you never know)

And it seems to be working. I can access the Podium Pass, got 10000 Pitcoins, and I played Time Trial for a bit.
Haven't tested other game modes like Career or MyTeam, will make an update if anything goes wrong.

43 minutes ago, zodiac94 said:

So, I have done the following :
-Took off the Blu-Ray, uninstalled the game, deleted the game's data (was not an issue, as I wasn't able to play the game at all, didn't lose any sort of progress)
-Uninstalled the game

-Cleared the cache (switch off the PS4, AC Cord unplugged for more than 30 seconds etc.)
-Installed the game
-Installed the 1.05 update (make sure it downloads completely in once, don't pause or stop it during the process, you never know)

And it seems to be working. I can access the Podium Pass, got 10000 Pitcoins, and I played Time Trial for a bit.
Haven't tested other game modes like Career or MyTeam, will make an update if anything goes wrong.

You shouldn't have to do all this to sort it. It seems to me that one of the updates has corrupted the files in f1 2020 causing the game to crash. 

1 hour ago, inspiretheworld said:

You shouldn't have to do all this to sort it. It seems to me that one of the updates has corrupted the files in f1 2020 causing the game to crash. 

Before the patch it only happened to me in myteam but after the patch it happens in everything changing clothes, loading time trial, online, quick race everything so i backed my saved data up and made a new one and the game works so yea the update screwed something up i havent been able to play since monday morning and im not starting over i had 40 online races i was in my 3rd myteam season with all most everything upgraded

Edited by oswald41

Steps to Reproduce-
As a user with an existing game save,
When I attempt to access areas listed in the impacted areas,
And the game attempts to access current save,
Then the game will throw a fatal CE-34878-0 error code.

Game Version-
F1 2020 v1.05

PS4 System Version-

Impacted Areas (Possibly more but only tested these functional areas of interest)
My Team
Driver Career
Championship
Time Trial
Grand Prix
Controller Settings
Game Settings.

Able to Reproduce-
Issue has 100% reproduction rate, attempted access on each area 5 times pre and post troubleshooting steps.

Attempted Resolution-
Re-Initialised PS4
Reinstalled Game.
Cleared Cache.
Rebuilt Database.

Peripherals-
PS4 Game Pad.
Logitech G29.

Additional Information-
It appears to hit the issue whenever it is accessing my save, for example when I start driver career it will explode straight away whereas when I access a grand prix it will blow up when the loading screen has reached completion. For testing purposes I created a guest account on my PS4 and was able to access all impacted areas, also to test this theory further on my original save if I turn off AutoSave functionality I am able to access Grand Prix.

Prior to this persistent issue occurring I had completed a Britain Short Grand Prix race as Racing Point and closed down the application while on the main menu screen, then turned off the PS4, it was an hour or so later when I had the itch to play again did this issue begin.

Hi All,

If you are seeing a new and persistent issue since updating to v1.05 then this might be a different issue to that originally reported here. Please can you add your information to an existing thread that relates to your issue, or log a new bug report thread if one doesn't already exist, so that we can investigate properly?

If you receive an option to send your crash information to the developer during any system crash then please do so. If possible, provide a few words to describe what you were doing when this crash occurred (this option is only present for PS4 users). This info is really helpful in identifying the frequency and cause of any crashes that you encounter.

If you think the issue might be related to your save game, then please also provide a save game file for us to test with (see steps here for info on how to do this) and let us know anything significant that you might have been doing in your previous working session. If you can't remember what you were doing in your previous session then please send us a report code and we can use this to locate your session history (your report code is a 12-character code that can be seen in the bottom-left corner of the screen when viewing the "Settings" screen in the options menu). 

There is an existing bug report here which sounds similar to some of those being reported above (Xbox user on v1.03/1.05), so please check it out to see if that covers the issue that you are seeing: 

Thanks.

Am I the only one who is still having major issues after the 1.6 patch? I cannot get to the track no matter what mode I try (TT, MyTeam, Career etc); it always gives me the error code CE-34878-0 after I try to load the track on which I want to drive.

1. Always get the error code CE-34878-0 once the track is loading: I can see a picture of the track and when it seems the track has loaded the screen turns black and after approx. 5 seconds I get the blue screen with the error code.

2. PS 4 Pro, seventy edition, physical

3. 1.6 version

4. Game crashes when loading track no matter what mode I want to play. Strangely enough when I look at the saved data on the PS 4 itself, the F1 2020 file is always at 13.67 MB. 

5. approx. 25 times

6. uninstalled the game and reinstalled a couple of times. Deleted savegames. Cleared cache. Initialized the PS 4. Tried to enter in a guest-account. Downloaded and deleted DLC.

Please help Codemasters. I paid like sixty euro’s and I cannot even get to the track!

I'm still having issues post patch 1.06.

1.) The error occurs after I try to load a saved career. Race weekend is at Monaco and is in free practice. I mid-session saved and exited to get to that point.

2.) Version is 1.06

3.) Career (first year, F2)

4.) Error can be recreated by starting the game and selecting 'continue driver career' from the home menu or by selecting 'career save 2' from the solo menu. Interestingly the save date updates to the current date when I try to load the career even though it crashes.

5.) It started today and every time I have tried to load the career it has happened.

6.) I have restarted the PS4 and deleted the cache. However, the error still occurs. **update 6/8, I've installed and reinstalled the game and the error still remains **

7.) No accessories, bar the normal PS4 controller

8.) I have reported the problem with screenshots through the PS4 interface on the error code screen.

Edited by Scobieb

Hmmm, maybe this is a fluke. But I played with some of the settings to see if anything would get the game to load. 

I turned off the Autosave in the settings menu. And suddenly my saved game loads again! Woohoo.

I guess what made me think about the autosave option, was every time I tried to load the game, it autosaved itself to the latest date before it crashed.

Edited by Scobieb

Hi there guys 

after the v1.07 patch yesterday I now can’t get past the “press option to start screen” it was working perfectly fine but now every single time it crashes when I try and play the game at all with this error code. I have tried every single fix I could see even initizialising the PS4. Seems to be a problem with the patch as before there it was working perfectly fine. If anyone could provide some support or assistance that’d be great