Jump to content Jump to content

Error Code CE-34878-0 - PS4

@BarryBL hi, I receive the same error CE-34878-0 and the game crash. I have the last version 1.4 downloaded from ps store. I noted the error occur when I do a better time of my next player during free lap on melobourne and the game perform the saving. After about 30 sec of the update, the game crash. Could you please give me some advice? I think this is a bug of the game, because occur only with f1 2020

Thanks

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, J0LL1D0NK said:

@BarryBL hi, I receive the same error CE-34878-0 and the game crash. I have the last version 1.4 downloaded from ps store. I noted the error occur when I do a better time of my next player during free lap on melobourne and the game perform the saving. After about 30 sec of the update, the game crash. Could you please give me some advice? I think this is a bug of the game, because occur only with f1 2020

Thanks

Have you check recommended @J0LL1D0NK

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, J0LL1D0NK said:

Yes, I already check every things

Game and ps4 system

Now I try to delete and re install the game and as last option I will initiate the ps4 but I would not arrive at this action

There is a link in the recommended with a PlayStation link for this report code. Did you try this? If so, post a complete bug report so we can see the issue. Saying 'I've tried everything' without specifying what you have tried is of no help to us. Checked router settings. Checked your HDD?

1 minute ago, BarryBL said:

There is a link in the recommended with a PlayStation link for this report code. Did you try this?

Yes, I don't use external hard disk and don't use the vr. So I think the last chance is initiate the ps4 : correct? 😞

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, J0LL1D0NK said:

Yes, I don't use external hard disk and don't use the vr. So I think the last chance is initiate the ps4 : correct? 😞

A full bug report would be great so I can see everything.

1 minute ago, BarryBL said:

A full bug report would be great so I can see everything.

1. Version game 1.04 installed today from ps store

2. Ps4 firmware is at last version

3. No external hard disk

4. No camera

5. No VR

6. Game crash during free lap only when I obtain a better time of my "enemy" and just after the game is saving

I hope this could help you and after you can help me. 

7 hours ago, J0LL1D0NK said:

1. Version game 1.04 installed today from ps store

2. Ps4 firmware is at last version

3. No external hard disk

4. No camera

5. No VR

6. Game crash during free lap only when I obtain a better time of my "enemy" and just after the game is saving

I hope this could help you and after you can help me. 

I'm having the exact same issue in my ps4. Version 1.04. All system software updated. Time trial around Hanoi and Zandvoort just crashed the game everytime I improved my time and beat my rival. It really is annoying, and I'm the same situation, no vr, no ps camera, no external HD, anything. 

53 minutes ago, Nicolas_SV5 said:

I'm having the exact same issue in my ps4. Version 1.04. All system software updated. Time trial around Hanoi and Zandvoort just crashed the game everytime I improved my time and beat my rival. It really is annoying, and I'm the same situation, no vr, no ps camera, no external HD, anything. 

I found a little improvement and the problem is not always: try to unistall and re install the game. Effectively the first time I need only 15 min to install the game. The second time, I need about 1 hour to install the game. 

1 hour ago, J0LL1D0NK said:

I found a little improvement and the problem is not always: try to unistall and re install the game. Effectively the first time I need only 15 min to install the game. The second time, I need about 1 hour to install the game. 

I think that's out of reach for me. My internet is not great, and as I've got digital version, it will take quite a long while to re-download almost 57gb of files. I hope this issue gets fixed some time soon. Thanks for the help, tho!

I will not play it until there is a new update. The game has too many problems, I don't want to take the risk that the PS4 will break down because of the game. Very bad CODEMASTERS, we are several players affected on PS4, PC and XBOX. I never had any problems with their previous games but F12020 has disappointed me.

21 hours ago, Nicolas_SV5 said:

Same here, including the tracks. I tried other tracks and seemed to be fine, just the two new ones specifically when beating a rival causing the error code in title. Every other mode has been running fine.

Same error here. The game kept crashing with error Code CE-34878-0 when opening the Item Shop from the main menu or pushing L3 to open the Podium Pass. I refuse to believe that because it's a standard playstation error that it's not caused by the game code. It only happens to me in this game so I refuse to wipe my HDD and re-install all my games.
It must be something in the game that's triggering this error.

What I did is:

1. I deleted the entire game.
  2. Rebuild the database.
  3. Installed the game from disc.
  4. Installed the update 1.04
  5. Restart the game

Result: Still the same error 😡

What I did next, and should have done before reinstalling the game:

1. Backup my f1 2020 save files
  2. Delete all the f1 2020 save files
  3. Restart the game
  4. Create new driver

Result: I can open the Item Shop and Podium Pass from the main menu without the game crashing 😀

My conclusion: Something is corrupting the save file. Maybe it was the option to update the existing save files with the updated driver stats from the ingame mail, but I'm not sure because I had not started a career or team yet, so it should not have altered anything when I triggered the option. I haven't tried it again since.
The other possibility may be that the save file was corrupted when the game crashed when entering a lobby or starting an online race. I think this happened but I'm not sure.

Because of a lack of time I had only completed 2 or 3 online races in this game since release.
So in my case I did not wasted hours by deleting my previous save file but it solved the issue in my case and I hope I will not see it again.

Maybe some of u can try the same.

1 hour ago, Danette1 said:

Same error here. The game kept crashing with error Code CE-34878-0 when opening the Item Shop from the main menu or pushing L3 to open the Podium Pass. I refuse to believe that because it's a standard playstation error that it's not caused by the game code. It only happens to me in this game so I refuse to wipe my HDD and re-install all my games.
It must be something in the game that's triggering this error.

What I did is:

1. I deleted the entire game.
  2. Rebuild the database.
  3. Installed the game from disc.
  4. Installed the update 1.04
  5. Restart the game

Result: Still the same error 😡

What I did next, and should have done before reinstalling the game:

1. Backup my f1 2020 save files
  2. Delete all the f1 2020 save files
  3. Restart the game
  4. Create new driver

Result: I can open the Item Shop and Podium Pass from the main menu without the game crashing 😀

My conclusion: Something is corrupting the save file. Maybe it was the option to update the existing save files with the updated driver stats from the ingame mail, but I'm not sure because I had not started a career or team yet, so it should not have altered anything when I triggered the option. I haven't tried it again since.
The other possibility may be that the save file was corrupted when the game crashed when entering a lobby or starting an online race. I think this happened but I'm not sure.

Because of a lack of time I had only completed 2 or 3 online races in this game since release.
So in my case I did not wasted hours by deleting my previous save file but it solved the issue in my case and I hope I will not see it again.

Maybe some of u can try the same.

I did the same thing. Game keeps crashing.

I think it has nothing to do with PlayStation, but something with the game, because players on Xbox en Pc having the same problem. Especially with Time Trail. 

This game has problems. I don't remember it in last year game. Crashing, graphical bugs, long loading times (i am on PS4 and sometimes after start sequence or finish it takes more than 30 second to load on to the track or results, i have just black screen). I have also noticed that AI is very slow in first corner. I am often starting maybe in 17th position but after first corner i am 10th. And i am playing on 96 difficulty. I would want to fight more on the start but i can't have higher difficulty because i would have big problems later in the race and i am only on pad. I think that they didn't have much time for testing.

1 hour ago, MrStef85 said:

I did the same thing. Game keeps crashing.

I think it has nothing to do with PlayStation, but something with the game, because players on Xbox en Pc having the same problem. Especially with Time Trail. 

I must say I believe I experienced the errors only after I did a time trail session.
Maybe I should try that again and see if I experience the game crashing afterwards.

1.       The game crashes after beating a rival in Time Trial with the error code CE-34878-0. When it happens my steering wheel also glitches out. It keeps holding some FFB, it vibrates and slowly turns left indefinitely until I unplug it from my PS4 (standard version). I also get the same error code when switching cars in Time Trial without going back to the main menus, but when doing this the steering wheel doesn't glitch out. I am using a Logitech G29.

2.       Game version 1.04. Installed from disc and updated directly from 1.00 to 1.04.

3.       Time Trial

4.       I didn't count the amount of times. Seems to happen every time under the conditions stated in section 1.

5.       Not much troubleshooting that could be done on a PS4. I tried other games, including 2019 and Dirt Rally 2.0 and had no problems whatsoever. Seeing how initializing the HDD has helped absolutely no one so far, I will refrain from such actions. It would literally take me over a week to download the stuff back, so I will want to know such a "fix" actually works before doing it. Seeing how many players have been affected by this in F12020, it has to be about the game. Was the 1.04 patch file corrupted or something?

6.       No video available

Hi guys,

I have the same issue and error code in time trial when I beat my enemy (Melbourne track).

I’m sure that is F1 2020 bug, not related to PS4 System.

I have installed v1.04 update but in main menu (before start push) of F1 2020 there is still ‘v1.03’(another bug).

To many issues for this game, bad work Codemasters.

• 1512marcel changed the title to Error Code CE-34878-0 - PS4

Archived