F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE Read more... ×

How are you all finding F1 2020?

From what I read on here it's still rather on the buggy side. I might leave it a few more weeks before I consider getting it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ragequit1 said:

I love it!

That's good to hear...very encouraging indeed. No major problems gameplay wise then? Console or PC?

There are patches due next week. You could wait and see how they go...

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Scrogs said:

That's good to hear...very encouraging indeed. No major problems gameplay wise then? Console or PC?

I'm on PC and playing My Team only, so single player. I did not encounter any major issue or game breaking bugs at all, but I know that there are some bugs that are probably getting patched with the next patch. Hopefully next week.

• Thanks 1

I was not going to get it until the next patch but my 12 week off works ending monday so I bought it and made sure in my first race to avoid the DSQ bug so used both mandotry tyres (was best 50% race strategy anyway)

My team mode is great in principle ive brought Manor back.

So far its not overly in depth and definetly a base to work on a motorsport manager lite with F1 driving attached.

Handling wise a good step up the caes feel much more stuck to the road although the throttle by default is too sensitive I would say easily tweaked. Its not gone back to 2018 do what you like throw it anywhere and it sticks but alot more grip and feel.

I feel like the ffb is better not a huge step up but using a G920 I am catching the backend more than 19 when it steps out and the virtual mirror on top of the halo in cockpit mode is a nice addition since you cannot see the side mirrors with a realistic FOV.

Its still not iracing realistoc but closing the gap

Graphically seems a tad worse to me but theres 2 more cars on the grid.

Safety car is useless so I have that turned off.

The bugs people have mentioned do need sorting and the performances of the cars need a good update.

There are being mega stingy with helmets and car designs.

If your in no rush wait for a patch but it will be a good buy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On xbox. The only bugs I have encountered is that it crashes to home screen when switching users and it then forgets what controller set up should be assigned to that user. The pitcoins were not assigned for prepurchase but that is to be rectified. 

Other than that the games is aces.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I think the most significant bugs affect online modes. I've just played TT and Grand Prix modes so far (on PS4) and the only bug I've encountered is one that prevents me using rival ghosts properly since the game crashes if I beat one. For now I'm just using my own ghost at that of the person at the top of the leaderboard (which I have no chance of beating!) and so it runs fine.

The main thing to be aware of that is a 'feature' rather than a bug is that most of the My Team cosmetic customisation options (liveries, helmets, gloves etc) are not available from the start but rather are unlocked by playing the game. 

I've not played F1 2019 to compare to. I played F1 2015 and 2017 a little but I've bought 2020 as I've decided to commit to taking it more 'seriously'. I'm definitely enjoying it so far but I'm very much a work-in-progress in the driving skills / lap times department!

Edited by Ultra3142
  • Thanks 1

Before going into this I should say I played the 2017 edition then sat out 18 and 19 but with a pandemic I figured we would give the 20 edition a shot. 

I must say I am finding the game very enjoyable. The racing is fun. The my team mode is fantastic. The feel of the car especially on full force feedback is really good. 

Now there are a few problems/bugs that needs to be ironed out. One I noticed is the alternate strategy on the MFD it won’t let you select anything else. There is the annoying “connecting with online services” screen. 

Overall it’s a game I will spend a lot of time with over the coming months.

• Thanks 1

Scrogs, it is great to see you drop here at this forum and will be even greater when you join the ranks for good!

I've been playing the game since day one and so far I've had much more fun than F1 2019 ever gave me. Is there any particular aspect you'd like to hear about? From your post it seems that you're more worried about the possibility of bugs than in need of convincing of reasons to get the new version. I'll be brief then:

• The experience you get inside the car is so more satisfying! The new handling model took a while to sink in and I definitely needed to adapt my F1 2019 for the car to behave like I wanted it to, but once I got over this step stone it's been a joy. You don't need to be constantly fiddling with the ERS to be fast, the AI seems more realistic and have been giving me battles since the first race, driving without assists feels less punishing and the new casual driving mode makes things less indomitable for players still on the lower rugs of the learning curve;
  • The new My Team mode is very interesting! When I got the game I was torn between giving it a try or jumping straight into Career mode since I couldn't wait to be inside a Williams or an Alpha Tauri with those new liveries. But it's been My Team exclusively since day one and I did not expect that! 

Now onto the bad side. The bugs. There are indeed plenty of them but looks like it's a raffle. The only bugs I encountered were minor ones and I have reported them all already. (In)famous bugs like the excessive gearbox wear, the disqualification for "irregular" tyre compound usage or not being able to contract a new driver on My Team I have not experienced at all. I got a weird bug racing on Hungary but that looked like an one-off – my car seemed to have given up on being a wonder of modern automotive engineering to pursue a career in the Boat With Wheels category of vehicles. Just relaunched the game, reloaded the mid race save and it was all back to normal though. 

What I've found is that F1 2020 suffers more of a lack of polish in small aspects. That's been bothering me way more than bugs. Some things lack clarity, the performance out of the blue may take a dive when you're scrolling through the menus (never on the track, fortunately), a handful of mini things could use some improvement like the livery editor... Minor things that don't detract from my enjoyment at all.

I'm happy with what I got. Considering that we're on game version 1.04 yet and F1 2019 sits at a whooping 1.22... Yeah, I'd say there will be always room for improvement and the developers will be delivering on those fixes through the whole life cycle of the game.

• Thanks 1

I love it so far. Driving feels great, you have to work for overtakes, My Team is fun and I'm pleasantly surprised about people's behavior in online ranked as well. The only crash I get sometimed is Ego Dumper in Time Trial. No other bugs yet.

• Like 1

I didn’t have 2019 so the leap from 2018 is huge. 

Yes the three main bugs are being addressed and suspect that’ll be sorted this week. 

Visually it’s really good and the my team looks pretty good for longentivity. 

• Like 1