Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

Can't use the ERS

Hello guys,

I've got an issue with the ERS. In fact, I can't change the mod of it (chrono, overtake, etc). I've had a look in my settings but I turned off the "help ERS". Then, in short, I can't use the ERS in the HUD -> the box is grayed out. 

Is this a bug or did I miss something ? Like maybe I've forgotten to turn off a setting somewhere..? 

Hope this is understandable, I'm a french speaker.  

Thanks for reading

What game mode are you playing? ERS has different options in different modes. In Time Trial it can't be changed at all.

4 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

What game mode are you playing? ERS has different options in different modes. In Time Trial it can't be changed at all.

Ah, yes, sorry, I forgot to precise it. I'm talking about Career Mode 🙂 (then about the race because I don't have any problem in Free Practice and Qualifying, only during the race)  

14 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

In the race you will have the option to switch Overtake on and off but nothing else.

Ok but how ? I can't 😕 

Look please

ERSBUG.thumb.png.9d297135bdedf6f6468578ac76d5e81c.png

So, actually, I can't hit the "ERS Box" 

Edited by Bullegum

That picture doesn't show a problem.

You need to check the configuration for whatever controller you are using and see what is mapped as the overtake button.

I'm saying 'Overtake' as that is the English word but it looks like 'Depassment' for you.

Edited by Ultra3142

1 minute ago, Ultra3142 said:

I'm saying 'Overtake' as that is the English word but it looks like 'Epassment' for you.

Oh yes !! Nothing was mapped as overtake button, I've found. And honestly, I thought I had 3 different modes (Something like "Disabled", "Intermediate" and then "Overtake") but actually there are only 2 different mod (Intermediate + Overtake) 

(Yes, it's "Dépassement" in french but don't worry, I understand perfectly "Overtake" :D) 

Well, thank you a lot !! 😄 

Glad you fixed it :classic_smile:.

You'll find overtake is very powerful but runs down the ERS very quickly, and on some tracks can take ages to recharge. 

2 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Glad you fixed it :classic_smile:.

You'll find overtake is very powerful but runs down the ERS very quickly, and on some tracks can take ages to recharge. 

Yes it is (I'm testing atm) ! I think it's funnier like that. I didn't like the ERS in old F1 games. It's perfect like it's now 😄 

• Agree 1