Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

ERS Stuck on overtake

22 minutes ago, Lakrits said:

But there's plenty of time to activate it when the lights starts so any problem can easily be avoided by not activating on the formation lap. I see no real issue here, just don't do it this way and all will be fine.

This is true and agree it is 100% avoidable if you know not to activate overtake on the formation lap. However the problem still exists, some people may decide they want to do so and not know that it could get stuck on and then effect their experience of the game.

If people find a minor bug but dont report them because they can work around it how are devs meant to make the game better for those that are less experienced in working these things out? 

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, GFORCE_S3RV3R said:

If people find a minor bug but dont report them because they can work around it how are devs meant to make the game better for those that are less experienced in working these things out? 

Fair comment, to be honest, I agree.

At the moment, I cannot replicate at this time. I've tried a few times offline. Is this a online only issue, or can you make it happen offline too @GFORCE_S3RV3R. Either way, please let me know as I've tried twice in GP mode to replicate following instruction and its worked correctly both times.

15 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Fair comment, to be honest, I agree.

At the moment, I cannot replicate at this time. I've tried a few times offline. Is this a online only issue, or can you make it happen offline too @GFORCE_S3RV3R. Either way, please let me know as I've tried twice in GP mode to replicate following instruction and its worked correctly both times.

@BarryBL Only Times I/we have experience it have been online. I will get some guys together and see if we can replicate it in a controlled environment and how frequent it is. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Just don't put it in Overtake on the formation lap. 

This is like like going to the doctors to say it hurts if you punch yourself in the face. Just don't :classic_smile:.

That's a quick fix but it shouldn't be like that. Don't drive in to the wall if you don't wanna lose your wheel right?

1 hour ago, Hooy K said:

That's a quick fix but it shouldn't be like that. Don't drive in to the wall if you don't wanna lose your wheel right?

There is absolutely no reason to turn overtake on during the formation lap though. Not sure what driving into a wall has to do with this but no, don't do that either :classic_smile:.

1 hour ago, Ultra3142 said:

There is absolutely no reason to turn overtake on during the formation lap though. Not sure what driving into a wall has to do with this but no, don't do that either :classic_smile:.

If you want to use it from the start right? Don't understand why you people even defend a bug.

27 minutes ago, Hooy K said:

If you want to use it from the start right? Don't understand why you people even defend a bug.

You can turn it one whilst on the start line, before the lights go out to start the race. However, I think now all of the F1 YouTubers choose to turn Overtake on after having moved off from the start line for best effect. It will be interesting to see what the eSports drivers do but right now I'd expect it to be the same.

On 9/20/2020 at 7:19 PM, Ultra3142 said:

I was unaware of the issue, if I've put it on during formation lap then it was accidental and in doing so my race was ruined because of this. It was in China, to have no ers by the time you get to the back straight your a sitting duck. 

I was on unranked league race ps4 on fanatec wheel 

in every single league race i have participated (unranked xbox) someone has had this issue. Stop ignoring it and take it seriously.

And no they didn't have it on during formation lap. They deployed it once and it never turned off and their races and our league ruined.

1 hour ago, maxibone33 said:

in every single league race i have participated (unranked xbox) someone has had this issue. Stop ignoring it and take it seriously.

And no they didn't have it on during formation lap. They deployed it once and it never turned off and their races and our league ruined.

If you didn't have this on at any point during your Formation lap @maxibone33, can you please add a report with the 16 digit report code found in the pause menu too please.

Formation lap may not be the cause, thinking back to when we were having this issue most was during the early days when the CWOS thing was an issue and was happening in 5 lap unranked with no formation lap

One lad I race with who continues to have the issue has an issue with his wheel that at random times sends him to the dashboard then the issue would present itself. 

That was also one of our temporary reliefs to the CWOS screen, open dashboard and then resume application. 

May be helpful, may not be