Former Circuits

Would you like to see a former circuit in or close to your home country in the F1 series?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What former circuit would you like to see /the most/ in the F1 series?

• Indianapolis Road Course
    • Hockenheimring
    • Fuji
    • Magny-Cours
    • Other (see post)

I know the FIA allowing Codemasters to insert old tracks into the F1 series was touched on in my polls about fictional tracks being allowed, but this topic is different because it relates a single former circuit.

I know I mentioned that I'd love to have Watkins Glen in the F1 games in that topic, but, after further thought, I'd like to see Indianapolis Motor Speedway's road course more.

Edited by TurkeySloth2107

As a veteran of Geoff Crammond's GP series (yes - I am that old!) I always loved Jerez.

• Agree 4

Indianapolis Road Course.

Why ? Because of this (from Minute 02:30 onwards).........

Edited by ndrst
  • Agree 1

All for the occasional classic circuit but I don't find any of the choices exciting. Hockenheim maybe in its old guise. But really proper drivers tracks like Imola, or tracks relevant to the classics available. Sepang for example.

I'd be happy to see them just create aspic versions of circuits already in the game, woukd be a lot less time consuming save for some trackside objects, Silverstone, Spa, Monza. Chuck in some more gravels traps and make them less forgiving.

Hockenheim for sure, I was super fast there on 2019 and eas devastated to see it gone from 2020 :classic_biggrin:

All seriousness, I love the track, nearly every corner is super fast and it's not massively challenging or gruelling. Similiar to Red Bull Ring start and finish but just a lot more going on in the middle sector. 

Imola is a great shout, used to love that back in the day, I'd enjoy racing there in classics. 

My shout would be Istanbul, lot of fun to race, is it Turn 8 with the multiple apexes you feel an absolute God when you get it right and carry your speed through. 

I really think especially for classics but for a race weekend and time trial experience, if it's been an F1 track in a reasonable time frame from now, it should be in the game. Hopefully next gen when they have a lot more to play with. 

8 hours ago, Lurtz said:

As a veteran of Geoff Crammond's GP series (yes - I am that old!) I always loved Jerez.

If it makes you feel better my first F1 game was Geoff Crammond's Microprose F1 on an Atari's ST, in what Google tells me was 1991. My memory isn't good enough to remember the tracks though!

Being realistic the only additional tracks with any chance of being added are those from recent previous games I'd have thought?

13 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

If it makes you feel better my first F1 game was Geoff Crammond's Microprose F1 on an Atari's ST, in what Google tells me was 1991. My memory isn't good enough to remember the tracks though!

Being realistic the only additional tracks with any chance of being added are those from recent previous games I'd have thought?

It definitely has a valiant attempt at Monaco, I have a solid memory of that. Pale cream and yellow blocks and all. I remember it feeling incredibly slow. But it had a pretty comprehensive customisation suite, could change all the teams names, drivers names, car colours etc. Probably so you could add in the real ones? I don't recall if it was licensed at that time! You could also watch the races / replays in full from various angles. I was about 9/10 when I played that. 

• Like 1

I miss Istanbul Park, really enjoyed that track.

Edited by Duntly
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

Phoenix? Lots of 90 degree corners. Easy to learn.

Hockenheim with the chicane that was essentially a concrete wall. Hit it and race over.

Silverstone was good, especially Bridge corner.

Have a feeling Adelaide was decent too 

I really liked The Argentinian track from Geoff Crammond’s GP3, but I don’t think that is a favourite of many people. 

Other classics like Imola, Jerez, Kyalami, Sepang, Istanbul. God dam for licensing. It would be great to have a a whole bank of older tracks too that we could create our own season from. 

I didn't vote, but over the years I've pestered codies staff on here (Hi @BarryBL!), and constantly tweeted the official F1 game as well as people like Lee Mather and Paul Jeal about including all the previous licensed circuit that Codemasters had. That would be:

Istanbul

Nurburgring

Valencia

Korea

Buddh (India)

Sepang

Hockenheim

All these circuits have been used since in the era of DRS - so there would be no issue including them in your career or "my team" mode. Codies and Liberty Media need to agree to include these again - can't see why they cant.

• Like 1

Adelaide Street Circuit

Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari

Autódromo Juan y Oscar Gálvez

Buddh International Circuit

Circuito de Jerez

Circuit de Nevers Magny-Cours

Circuito do Estoril

Fuji Speedway

Hockenheimring

Indianapolis Motor Speedway

Intercity Istanbul Park

Korea International Circuit

Nürburgring

Okayama International Circuit

Sepang International Circuit

48 minutes ago, Turtlemoose said:

I didn't vote, but over the years I've pestered codies staff on here (Hi @BarryBL!), and constantly tweeted the official F1 game as well as people like Lee Mather and Paul Jeal about including all the previous licensed circuit that Codemasters had. That would be:

Istanbul

Nurburgring

Valencia

Korea

Buddh (India)

Sepang

Hockenheim

All these circuits have been used since in the era of DRS - so there would be no issue including them in your career or "my team" mode. Codies and Liberty Media need to agree to include these again - can't see why they cant.

You have to remember that Liberty's only owned F1 for 3.5-4 years, so they may not wanna go back beyond that point—if they ever ecide to include former circuits. Granted, I dunno the last time any of those tracks but Hockenheim (2019) was used by F1 off the top of my head and don't have time to look it up right now.

Edited by TurkeySloth2107