Jump to content Jump to content

PC - Unable to use voice commands


Puff3r

Recommended Posts

1.    A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here.
    Unable to use voice commands while playing in My Team. I only play single player so do not know if it works on multiplayer. Microphone works properly in all other Windows functions and apps such as Discord,     Battle.net Launcher, other Steam apps (played Portal 2 with a friend today using Steam Friends chat).
2.  Platform
    PC - Windows 10 Pro (2004) - Gigabyte GTX 2080 - Nvidia Driver 451.67
3.  What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen)
    1.03
4.  Game-mode?
    My Team
5.  What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too.
    20+ attempts. Launch game and load My Team. Start driving in any session (FP1, FP2, FP3, Qualifying, Race). Press Voice Command button and bottom of MFD screen has red bar. Voice input does not work.
6.  What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue
    Reinstall x64_SpeechPlatformRuntime.msi and MSKinectLangPack_enUS.msi from steamapps\common\F1 2020\installers - Attempt with Steam Overlay enabled and disabled.
7.  What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc)
    Logitech G29 wheel (working properly) Steel Series Arctis 7
8.  Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.
    Let me know if you want a SS of something. There is no Voice Command Disabled message on the main screen like there was in F1 2019 for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I have the same issue, no messsages about it being unavailable as in the other thread, just does not work. If there was a testing function in the game settings it would be a HUGE help to troubleshoot this.


1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

When Radio selected MFD pops up with command choices, speaking the commands EXACTLY as written does not get any response. Microphone set up and tested in Windows and can be seen in the Microphone Privacy Settings page to be 'ACTIVE' when the microphone button is pressed (dual screen). 

2.       Platform

Windos 10 Pro (1909) - 20GB Ram - Gigabyte GTX 1660 Super & Quadro K2000 - Driver 451.67

3.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

1.05  1.06 same


4.       Game-mode? 

My Team - also tested in Grand Prix as quickest way to get to radio


5.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

Multiple attempts, many more than 4 have been trying for at least that many days! - Using a variety of microphone options, most done using the the Turtle Beach PX22 - In game pressing mapped radio button on Keyboard or on wheel pops up MFD - list of commands shown but the SPEAK part at the bottom is just a white graphic and does not change - at this point the microphone is active in the Windows Microphone Privacy window, it goes deactive when the radio window closes - so the triggering of the radio IS activating the microphone it just isn't getting any  voice recognition into the game.

6.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

Have tried all the fixes in forums and online from the local F1 folders to install the .msi voice thing and the kinect language none of which has made a difference. Have tested the microphone out in the Steam chat, have used it for Zoom and other purposes all of which have worked.
Also used it for Windows Voice recognition and works opening and closing apps etc.

7.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

Wheel Thrustmaster TX Ferrari F458 with dual pedals
Headset Turtle Beach PX22 with microphone

 
8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.

No video or screenshots, I was trying to get one showing the active microphone in windows but as soon as you switch out the game it goes into Pause Mode and microphone deactivates

I am not clear on IF it was working would we expect to see some activity in the radio Speak Now box? Colour change or waveform or similar to show it was 'getting something'?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have the same problem, Steelseries Wireless H. I've closed all other programs that might be competing for the microphone, but voice commands just don't register at all - it's like the game isn't utilising the microphone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator

Hi, 

Thanks for adding your issue. However, we require all bug reports to follow and complete the template below. This is critical information Codemasters needs to be able to see your bug clearly. Link: https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/54650-bug-report-template-in-game-ta/

Please add your bug report onto this thread or I will not be able to replicate or diagnose, and have to delete this thread.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@BarryBL There are a couple of threads on this - there seem to be two issues one where people get a Voice Deactivated message and one where for all intents it is working but it doesn't.

The thread where there are now two bug reports residing on the doesn't work but no message to say it is disabled.

https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/57157-pc-unable-to-use-voice-commands/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Barry 

 

It isn't wireless, it is USB/Jack connections for a PC

https://support.turtlebeach.com/hc/en-us/articles/219023638-PX22-User-Guide-Quick-Start-Guide

 

It works for everything else on the computer including Win 10 voice commands. I have tried all combinations of making it the default speakers and communication device (two separate things in sound controller) on both the output (headphones) and the input (microphone) side nothing thus far has worked. I have seen some people saying they had and issue then fixed it running the installs as mentioned but non of that worked. 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do not have a different headset to test with. For what it is worth, my headset has a USB base that attaches to the computer and then a wireless connection to the adapter. As with others, Windows recognizes the device and all other apps use it with no issues. Just F1 games do not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1.    A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here.
 Mic doesn't work while trying to communicate with pitcrew, mic works fine for everything else outside the game (discord)
2.  Platform
    PC - Windows 10 - Gigabyte GTX 2080 ti - Nvidia Driver 451.67 - amd ryzen 3990x
3.  What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen)
    1.05
4.  Game-mode?
    all of them
5.  What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too.
    20+ attempts. Launch game and load My Team. Start driving in any session (FP1, FP2, FP3, Qualifying, Race). Using voice activation
6.  What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue
   
7.  What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc)
    xbox controller
8.  Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.
    no

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

   When I start F1 2020 and reach the main menu, a notification on the bottom left says, "Voice Control Unavailable". The voice commands to speak to the race engineer in any game mode are unresponsive to any speech.

2.       Platform

   Steam, Windows 10, GTX2070/game-ready driver 451.67, i7 6700K


3.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen)

   1.06


4.       Game-mode? 

   My team, and driver career, and Grand Prix


5.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too.

    100%. Every time I start and play the game.


6.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue.

   I've performed the following steps and tested each one individually: Starting and playing the game with Discord closed, ensuring the correct microphone is set to windows default, ensuring windows microphone privacy settings are set to allow applications to use the microphone, repairing x64_SpeechPlatformRuntime.msi, and verifying the game files in Steam.


7.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

   Wired Playstation Dualshock 4, wired HyperX Cloud II (no in-line sound card), Connected but not using, Occulus rift Consumer Version 1 (speakers physically removed/speakers and microphone disabled on windows control panel)


8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   
 

image.thumb.png.3e3e5670f8faf753ce44e7fa74a4e3b8.png


Providing this information is vital for Codemasters to be able to investigate, diagnose and hopefully help solve your issue. It also helps our Moderators find appropriate tags and other members recommend their ideas based on their experiences. 
Please add this template, along with your answers, in this post too so I can see everything in one place. Without this, I don't have the necessary information to replicate and diagnose the issue. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@BarryBL

I have solved it for my setup!!!!

I was trying to replicate what others have said about having a message bottom left of "Voice Control Unavailable"

  1. I disabled all microphone inputs in the the Sound Control Panel.
  2. Ran the game and the MFD shows   ----     -----   in red but I did not get the message.
  3. I then thought I would re-enable the microphones one step at a time - NB whilst doing this I kept exiting the game completely as wasn't sure if this would make a difference.
  4. Re-enabled the Turtle Beach headset microphone.
  5. Ran game - IT WORKS - call up radio, speak the words the white "Waveform bars" go green and Jeff answers.
  6. I then got hasty and re-enabled all AND plugged in the wheel.
  7. All stopped working.
  8. Cut the story short I went back to step 5 and firstly connected wheel - all good, then re-enabled microphones.
  9. Re-enabling DIGITAL AUDIO (S/PDIF) stopped it working, disabling it and it started working again.
  10. Re-enabled all other mics and mic inputs used by myself EXCEPT DIGITAL AUDIO (S/PDIF) and the voice commands work.

So my solution is to disable in Sound Control Panel - Recording Tab - DIGITAL AUDIO (S/PDIF)

I am going to go try in My Team etc. but see no reason if it works in Grand Prix it wouldn't now work everywhere. Hope this helps, although don't think it is the Voice Control Unavailable fix.
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/28/2020 at 5:13 PM, BarryBL said:

Stupid comment coming in below:

Does this only seem to happen on Wireless headsets. I googled your make @SteveU and its wireless. Anyone tried with wired? I would, but my headset doesn't have a mic.

 

Nope this also happens on wired headset´s but for me the issue can be different as i have an audio bug and all the sounds my pc makes get re-echod in my micorphone and maybe therfore my voice commands are not working 95% of the time.

(i also needed to uncheck "give application control over this device" for my speaker and microphone in windows sound settings otherwise other programs like discord would half their volume when i tab into the game)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, mrvice said:

Nope this also happens on wired headset´s but for me the issue can be different as i have an audio bug and all the sounds my pc makes get re-echod in my micorphone and maybe therfore my voice commands are not working 95% of the time.

(i also needed to uncheck "give application control over this device" for my speaker and microphone in windows sound settings otherwise other programs like discord would half their volume when i tab into the game)

@TeenierNeilb69 ooh look it's not just me and noisy Jeff 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, mrvice said:

Nope this also happens on wired headset´s but for me the issue can be different as i have an audio bug and all the sounds my pc makes get re-echod in my micorphone and maybe therfore my voice commands are not working 95% of the time.

(i also needed to uncheck "give application control over this device" for my speaker and microphone in windows sound settings otherwise other programs like discord would half their volume when i tab into the game)

The volume attenuation issue is in the Control Panel|Sounds|Communications set the radio button to 'Do nothing'. 

It's been posted many, many times (not least by me).

HTH.

The other issue is the 'Listen through this device' option in Control Panel|Sound|Recording|Properties|Listen make sure the 'Listen to this device' is unchecked. (N.B. this may not solve the issue, it hasn't for me and I use the widely used Realtek ALC887).

Also had the issue on another board with the same Realtek ALC887 and by fluke configured it once and it did not 'bleed'. Not sure how or why as the methodology for installation never varies.

Issue replicated across different headsets as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

The volume attenuation issue is in the Control Panel|Sounds|Communications set the radio button to 'Do nothing'. 

It's been posted many, many times (not least by me).

HTH.

The other issue is the 'Listen through this device' option in Control Panel|Sound|Recording|Properties|Listen make sure the 'Listen to this device' is unchecked. (N.B. this may not solve the issue, it hasn't for me and I use the widely used Realtek ALC887).

Also had the issue on another board with the same Realtek ALC887 and by fluke configured it once and it did not 'bleed'. Not sure how or why as the methodology for installation never varies.

Issue replicated across different headsets as well.


Nope Listen to this device is unchecked (it could be my headset as mic and speaker cable run trought the same cable, ive already tested every other possible solution)
even if i mute my mic all my sounds still get played into my mic already tested another external sound card the same **** the only thing ive not done yet is tryed a different headset)

Nope Communications Radio button do nothing < nope its already set to do nothing ( for me i had to remove the exclusive access as ive writen in my prevoius post)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, mrvice said:


Nope Listen to this device is unchecked (it could be my headset as mic and speaker cable run trought the same cable, ive already tested every other possible solution)
even if i mute my mic all my sounds still get played into my mic already tested another external sound card the same **** the only thing ive not done yet is tryed a different headset)

Nope Communications Radio button do nothing < nope its already set to do nothing ( for me i had to remove the exclusive access as ive writen in my prevoius post)

Welcome to my world. Let's try disabling the Discord overlay. You can still join a channel, but can't see to switch unless you tab out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Welcome to my world. Let's try disabling the Discord overlay. You can still join a channel, but can't see to switch unless you tab out.

yeah i already told you how i fixed it. ( and the discor overlay is always off for me )

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Finally got mine working today. To do so, in Windows 10 Control Panel Sound app I have set my Steel Series Arctis 7 Headphones (labeled Arctis 7 Game) to default for both Communications and Device. Under the Recording tab, I have the Arctis 7 Chat as Default device and disabled all other inputs. Then, after ensuring mute was not on, launched the game. For some reason, though I have tested this configuration many times, it works today.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Puff3r said:

Finally got mine working today. To do so, in Windows 10 Control Panel Sound app I have set my Steel Series Arctis 7 Headphones (labeled Arctis 7 Game) to default for both Communications and Device. Under the Recording tab, I have the Arctis 7 Chat as Default device and disabled all other inputs. Then, after ensuring mute was not on, launched the game. For some reason, though I have tested this configuration many times, it works today.

Yes, that should be set. Many times I've give the advice to set a default sound source in Windows.

The Steam voice chat should be set to use PTT (shouldn't matter if you map a key or not).

It is much better with the Discord overlay OFF.

3 hours ago, mrvice said:

yeah i already told you how i fixed it. ( and the discor overlay is always off for me )

Well, I would use the overlay. IDK if you ever host or coordinate league racing but knowing who is speaking is an advantage. But if it stops my Jeff from being heard by all the lobby then that's a bonus (worse in socials where PTT in not enforced in Discord).

Voice control also seems reliable with the Discord overlay off so far.

I think a support ticket to Discord is in order (especially as it is the .png mangler of Photo Mode in DX12) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Yes, that should be set. Many times I've give the advice to set a default sound source in Windows.

The Steam voice chat should be set to use PTT (shouldn't matter if you map a key or not).

It is much better with the Discord overlay OFF.

Well, I would use the overlay. IDK if you ever host or coordinate league racing but knowing who is speaking is an advantage. But if it stops my Jeff from being heard by all the lobby then that's a bonus (worse in socials where PTT in not enforced in Discord).

Voice control also seems reliable with the Discord overlay off so far.

I think a support ticket to Discord is in order (especially as it is the .png mangler of Photo Mode in DX12) 

i have 3 screens so no problem in that regard but i don´t think its an issue from discrod as no other game does it i assume its either windows or the f1 2020 game that does something different and causing the issue.
Also if i race in a league i can guarantee you that iam 100% muted during the race and if its a team race every team need´s their seperate channel for the race so they can communicate with each other.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/2/2020 at 8:49 AM, mrvice said:

i have 3 screens so no problem in that regard but i don´t think its an issue from discrod as no other game does it i assume its either windows or the f1 2020 game that does something different and causing the issue.
Also if i race in a league i can guarantee you that iam 100% muted during the race and if its a team race every team need´s their seperate channel for the race so they can communicate with each other.

Common lobby for coordinating works best. Separate voice channels for race is an option if it's within league rules.

The Discord overlay is an issue - and they are not free of them, I currently have an open ticket on another Discord bug. We've found another issue that is related to Discord.

I agree Codemasters have made a rod for their back by releasing such terrible software as a 'final' product. But not all issues are theirs. We still need to pick up the third parties when the issues lie there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...