Sign in to follow this  

Make practice less mandatory or less the same

A suggestion for future editions 

Careers in F1 games have been hefty chunks to work your way trough . Progressing in the game goes very slow and has become even more heftier this year because progression is linked to practice programs even more. R&D is now totally based on results you get in practice.

I noticed this year that the other teams advance very fast in R&D (which is good) so you need every resource point you can get. This is really time consuming and repetitive. I can do this one season but there are still 9 seasons waiting after that. I never finished an entire career of 10 seasons. In F1 2019 I simulated most practice sessions but with al the resource points and even sponsors demanding you to do practice this year you have to do them. 

I heard Lee Mather say they were thinking of people with less time with this edition but that seemed to have been a cruel joke. I'm on holiday at this moment so I have lots of time and I am enjoying the game to the fullest but already worried for when my holiday ends because it's already taking me a long time to get trough season 1 when I have lots of time. How on earth will I ever find time to get my team to number 1 before F1 2021 comes out?

• Agree 1

The practice programs are rubbisj apart from qualy program.

Sick of doing the aclimisation thing since 2016.

Need more things like high fuel run/race pace (proper race pace not 5 laps on low fuel) tyre data collection so maybe running a certain amount of laps on a certaim compounds.

Were simulating F1 but practice feels like chore.

I like to do my own things so P1 I run the hardest two compounds getting used to the track on defaukt setup. Might run 10 laps each or so on the harest two compounds.

P2 put a couple of laps on the middle compound on low fuel. 

Then switch to softs on low fuel maybe 3 laps max switch back to mediums for a full tank race run atleast 10 laps.

If theres time switch to used softs with same fuel I ended the last run with.

P3 usually got 2 softs so its qualy sims unless P2 was rain effected then I will do a race run on softs before doing a single qualy run.

The game does not give me many points for doing the work a real f1 driver and team does.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AdamFreeman said:

Were simulating F1 but practice feels like chore.

Exactly, that's what practice feels like

I agree it feels like a chore at the moment. There does need to be an option for people who dont have enough free time to simulate practise or programmes within a practise session without being penalised.

1. Keep Track Acclimatization, useful for learning new tracks, refreshers or for new players to f1.

2. Look at changing Tyre and Fuel Management. Both are an utter chore at the moment and i dont both with either. Fuel run should include low and high fuel runs. 

3. ERS programme needs some guidiance from Jeff. Its too easy just to drive a lap.and not touch ERS and get Purple reward. Have jeff tell you when the team want ERS deployed because the team want to optimise ERS deployment for that track.

4. Move qually run to FP3 (that way you have to use fp3). Basically team will not run the engine in higer engine modes till fp3. Actually qually run should be in RICH mode only. MAX should only be used for actually qualifying as they do IRL. Also "party mode" should be an option in the powertrain R&D.

5. Race Simulation needs to be done with all three compounds. Id reduce the number of laps for this to three per compound.

6. Add an R&D testing programme to run in FP1. This is to test if the new components work and make you faster or not.

7. Id like more communication with jeff in practice.

Example, in practise on mfd have addition options: car is understeering, car is oversteering. Brakes arent stopping me in time etc. Jeff would recommend what do do ie lower the differential, change the brake balance or we'll have to make a change when youre back in the garage.

8. When your back in garage speak to the engineer ala in project cars i.e. car is understeering. Engineer makes changes and you go back out to see if the change has improved or worsened the handling.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BelgiumDude said:

Exactly, that's what practice feels like

But doing what I deem meaningful practice is not a chore to me just these codies programs adds very little to the gameplay.

We need long full fuel runs for one. So we can compare race pace with the other teams.

There needs to be more things to choose from.  Currently, if you want max resource points, you have to do all the programs.  And they never change.

Add more things that could be done during a session:

High fuel, long race sim

High fuel, long stint on each compound of tire

Series of continuous green sectors or laps

Specific things to practice according to the track: (Example) Navigate turns 11 and 12 in Australia without dropping below a certain speed

Hit a series of apexes perfectly

Braking: Hit the brakes in the marked zone and still hit the apex

Corner exit: From a certain speed, brake into the corner, hit the apex, and accelerate out again, hitting the next marker within a certain time

Then let us choose the 5 we want to do for the resource points.  Harder ones give more points.  And as you level up, you can choose more things to do over the 3 practice sessions, gaining you even more resource points.

• Agree 1

Also in the quali sims it gives you unrealistic goals. I lose so much delta on the straights. That might be because I've invested much more in aero and chassis but if thats the case then surely the goal should be lower on power circuits

I just don't see the point in tyre sim, fuel sim and race sim. When the fuel and tyre usage from the race sim is used to calculate the numbers for the race strategy. It kinda removes the point of the tyre and fuel sim.

Posted (edited)

Track Acclimatization could be mandatory for the first time and optional (less RP) after that. Don't need to go through that programm when I already spent dozens of hours on a given track. There are also too much RP allocated to it.

Edited by Nas00