F1 2020 |NEW PATCH AND DRIVER RATINGS | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Vote for the best MyTeam story now! Read more... ×

Least Favourite Track

3 minutes ago, KittyFit90 said:

Turn 1 is horrid, I lack any kind of consistency with that turn, makes the track hard to enjoy as a result. 

Keep a wide line in to the corner until the point it really tightens up - I think the rest of the circuit has a good flow to it

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, amazingblaze said:

No question. Monaco. It survives in the calendar for no other reasons than it's always been there, and for various reasons a lot of the drivers and bigwigs in the sport have made their home there. It's a complete anachronism. If you qualify well, you'll score well barring a mechanical failure.

Absolutely nothing to do with not being anywhere near able to master it in game. 😅

I don't think Monaco will ever be dumped. It's an integral part of the F1 glamour and a beautiful track despite its short-comings race wise. I love to drive there, even if I suck at it.

Posted (edited)

1. Paul Ricard

2. Abu Dhabi

3. Sotchi

The last two are as bland as it gets, the quintessence of a (bad) Tilkedrome. Honorable mention to China.

Edited by Nas00
  • Agree 2

There are a few tracks I don't like, mostly tracks that are in the second half of the calendar.

Monaco, Russia, Japan, COTA, Abu Dhabi. 

I think this is because of a lack of playtime (and of course a lack of love for these circuits), which makes me uncomfortable at those places. 

7 minutes ago, GenerationRL22 said:

There are a few tracks I don't like, mostly tracks that are in the second half of the calendar.

I think this is because of a lack of playtime (and of course a lack of love for these circuits), which makes me uncomfortable at those places. 

Just randomly, I had some issues with this too, doing a couple of short championships backwards really helped. It meant I spent the same amount of time in time trial / driving line on to learn, and practice / qualy times on the back end of the calendar tracks as I typically would on the first ones. Massively improved my comfort on these tracks, especially Abu Dhabi which has a really fun middle sector once you're used to it. 

That's actually tough question, I usually get to love track more and more as I I go through P/Q session in career. Sometimes it is because of finding nice flow on track, or feeling the edge on some corners, or nailing that one corner perfectly, or just surviving it and getting competitive lap (yes Monaco I'm talking to you). Now when I look at it, I can only put Hanoi on least favorite list, at least until I drive the whole career weekend there. :classic_biggrin:

32 minutes ago, KNT2011 said:

Just randomly, I had some issues with this too, doing a couple of short championships backwards really helped. It meant I spent the same amount of time in time trial / driving line on to learn, and practice / qualy times on the back end of the calendar tracks as I typically would on the first ones. Massively improved my comfort on these tracks, especially Abu Dhabi which has a really fun middle sector once you're used to it. 

That's actually a really good suggestion. If the calendar was turned around, I probably would have "mastered" these tracks and would have disliked tracks like Baku and Monza for example. I will give it a try, thank you!

Abu Dhabi will always suck whether it's 1st, 10th or last on calendar - just an awful circuit!

I absolutely cannot stand Hanoi and COTA this year. Also anyone else find Portier at Monaco an understeering mess this year?

Hanoi and Singapore. Only present for political reasons. So boring and like most modern circuits without real interest.
I make a 16 races season without them and previous years, I managed to take new engines parts to be last on the grid (after receiving penalties) and be out of the race very early.

When you race at Spa, Suzuka, Silverstone even Monza and Spielberg and you face Hanoi and Singapore, I have no words.

17 hours ago, DaleF23 said:

I'm so bloody slow at COTA, Interlagos and Paul Ricard. I Sim Monaco 😂

Are you me?

Hanoi is the worst track to ever be made.

Hate Hanoi. I like Zandvoort to drive but not to race. And visually China and Russia seem so grey.

Everything about circuits of America (USA) I HATE. I hate so much I skip this track

1 minute ago, CardConvict said:

Everything about circuits of America (USA) I HATE. I hate so much I skip this track

I recently spent some time on this track to get better at it, thinking the frustration at my pace here was the problem. And I was able to get a respectable lap time. In my first race here since, it rained light all the way through, and though I finished top 5 as Leclerc, I'll tell you, 50% race and it felt like 4 weeks. 

I had to go blast a few laps around Monza just to get the feeling back. 

Posted (edited)

Hate

- Monaco, cos I can't not hit every. Damn. Wall.

- Suzuka. Again, useless at it. No other reason lol. 

Dislike 

- Paul Ricard. Looks an absolute mess. Drives about the same (glad pit entrance has moved now tho) 

- Interlagos. Always spin in that middle section no matter what I do

- Baku. I shouldn't, but i do! Can't help it. 

- Singapore. Again, shouldn't, and I'd like it even more if or wasn't for that damn hairpin! Great night race.

- Abu Dhabi. Not understanding the hate tbh.. 

- RBR. Would be in the next section, if it wasn't for the fact I can't get near my controller time on a wheel!! 

Love

- CGV. Has a bit of everything. 

- Spa. Who doesn't?! 

- Catalunya. Cos I'm good at it.

Pretty indifferent to the others

Edited by Rango
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Rango said:

- Interlagos. Always spin in that middle section no matter what I do

Haha my first time on Interlagos felt like I went from motor racing to dancing with the starts. It was a sequence of pirouettes. I went from "I think my car has reverse?" to mastering that gear.

It probably has to do with how canted the track is along with the bumpy surface. It feels like a third world eau rouge dialed up to 11 on roughness. It's been a while since I raced there but I think I adjusted by taking it a tad wider and letting go like 10% on the throttle if I feel like ice skating.  

Edit: I feel offended by the absence of RBR on the Love section of your post. Please correct it. 

Edited by marioho
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I actually quite like Hanoi, Im doing 100% races in MyTeam and the whole race was full wets, had some good battles and it felt so rewarding to bring the car home

I wanna like Monaco so bad, but I just cant get consistent there, so one of my least favourite

actually really like driving Paul Ricard, fun to drive, super boring races

At Canada right now but from last years game my least favourite track has to be Singapore, its just painful, cant imagine doing 100% this year

oh and Abu Dhabi is right up there, that bump after the chicane on the longest straight can suck a *****

Edited by MartasMikk

10 hours ago, GenerationRL22 said:

Monaco and Japan are unforgiving and demand a lot of concentration and commitment (read training) training to be fun. Especially Japan. I used to strongly dislike Suzuka, but I practiced and became quite good at it, I've come to fully appreciate it. It's an iconic circuit, very technical, few overtake possibilities and above else, an amazing flow. I usually do 50% races at the minimum. Playing with a wheel helps in my opinion. 

COTA is actually quite fun and grew on me lately, even if it doesn't belong to my favourites. Again you got to get the flow of the circuit and master the first sector which is quite a pain the backside.

On the last ones I fully agree and I'm eternally thankful for Codies to have given use the option of getting rid of them. Nothing better than finishing the season in Brazil.

I think my two worst are Hanoi and Monaco. Hanoi’s first 2 sectors are ok, the fast sweeping final sector is just hideous. And my pace is way off. Defo need more practice but I was so slow in the race I ended up crashing out on purpose to get it over with.

Monaco I just can’t keep it out of the wall for more than a few laps, and when I can I am not competitive. I’ve always been rubbish at it. Although I read in a lot of places that it is just impossible on a pad, and I have to say I agree. 

I actually love the other street circuits, Baku, and Singapore. The New Delhi track from the early 10’s was just awful too. 

Now I have got the hang of it, I’m loving Zandvoort, but I think RBR or Bahrain are still my two favourite tracks. 

My least favourite tracks:
Hungaroring
Sochi
Mexico City
Austin
Silverstone

I also dislike Melbourne, but it's not ab bad track, its just i had so many races at this track, and i'm sick and tired about Melbourne

Tracks i like the most:
Montreal always number 1
Zandvoort
Spa
Monza
Suzuka

Used to be China but now i'm used to it.

Hanoi is awful it's like they really tried to make an annoying track with that one...

Ugly too, nothing interesting in the architecture surrounding the track.