F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE | Season 3 starting 20/11 Read more... ×

Least Favourite Track

Call this morbid curiosity, but I'm curious as to your least favourite track because of my immense trouble with Circtuit Gilles Villeneuve. What's everyone's least favourite track? Mine's CGV because there's no reason that the designer had to stretch it out over the entirety of Montreal Island, jeez. Having done so, they could've designed the starting portion of the tack more sensibly by having the ending chicane be S-curves that start sooner and/or swapping pit entry and the front stretch around. While I, usually, love chicanes, CGV's has you, essentially, cut the first corner to make the second without stopping from full speed.

No question. Monaco. It survives in the calendar for no other reasons than it's always been there, and for various reasons a lot of the drivers and bigwigs in the sport have made their home there. It's a complete anachronism. If you qualify well, you'll score well barring a mechanical failure.

Absolutely nothing to do with not being anywhere near able to master it in game. 😅

• Haha 2

I enjoy Monaco, **** as I am at it, it's a completely different gameplay challenge (survival) which used to be unique to F1 games

However. 

Baku can **** off - I actually like it as a track... And can keep pace.. but it's inevitable I'll clip something and race ruined. 

COTA - Just a grind of a circuit. 

China - Not the biggest fan of this either, plain and dull track. 

Have to agree on Hanoi too, it's like driving around a high security detention centre. 

• Haha 3
  • Agree 1

image.png.ce899e813284e58d69334244ec3e695c.png

I can't stand Singapore. I can still have fun on a circuit I don't deliver as much, like Australia and France, no problem. But Singapore? I don't know, there's something about Anderson's Bridge and T13 that just kills the fun for me. I'm playing on a pad though, so my opinion could be different were I on a wheel.

18 minutes ago, Luke1991 said:

Hanoi is literally the worst circuit ever to be designed. 

I can definitely see that, but I've spent most of my time on VE-to-M circuits. I think I've only run a single full lap at Hamoi. Although, I can't remember if it was clean or not. If I'd spent more time on Hanoi, I'd, probably, have mentioned it as well because of its staggeringly baffling design. After all, it has five(!) straightaways.

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, TurkeySloth2107 said:

I'm so bloody slow at COTA, Interlagos and Paul Ricard. I Sim Monaco 😂

Edited by DaleF23
Sorry Turkey Sloth, didn't mean to quote you.

4 minutes ago, Mintona said:

Hungary and Japan are my worst by some distance.

Hungaroring would be way lower in my rankings if not for that T2 to T5 stretch. I utterly adore that stretch even though I can't pin down why.  

12 minutes ago, Mintona said:

Hungary and Japan are my worst by some distance.

Love Hungary, since F1 05 or something, just nail this track, adore it. 

Japan I really struggled with, mostly that opening sector and losing time for a long long time, actually playing it on Gran Turismo improved it for me, I think seeing it in sports cars online against real players let me attack it from a different angle, and coming back to F1 am now up to speed there thankfully.. as it's a circuit I like a lot. 

Perhaps a different approach might help?

I dont get the hate for CGV.  It wasn't built as a racetrack, it just uses the existing roads on the island basically with a few added elements.  I love the track.  Love driving it too.

As for my dislikes:

- Monaco.  Now, I love watching the race there and I think it's great, but I hate driving it in the game.

- Hanoi.  Enough said.

- Singapore.  I dont care much for it either.  Seems to be some turns in there that just... try too hard to be difficult.  It feels like more of a mess than a race track.

- Japan - I dont care for it much.  It's a fun ride that's for sure, but it's just not one I handle well.

- USA - I like it, but I dont.  I like the last half, but the esses section to me is another sloppy mess that tries too hard to be a challenge I think. 

Off topic, but I've got to say I LOVE Zanvoort.  I think it would make for a boring real F1 race with no real braking/passing zones, but damn it's fast and fun to drive.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, petro1319 said:

Off topic, but I've got to say I LOVE Zanvoort.  I think it would make for a boring real F1 race with no real braking/passing zones, but damn it's fast and fun to drive.

Agreed 100%, it's the one track I look forward to ripping around. Way to congested though for a real race

1. Paul Ricard. Drove 5 laps in the previous game. Anyone actually seen the track?

2. Hanoi. One lap so far. Might be fun after a dose of pervitin.

3. Abu Dhabi. Could we have a few more sharp-angle turns please?

4. Cota. With VR I would most probably like this track. As it stands, utter garbage to drive from the cockpit apart from the S-corners.

5. Pretty much the rest of the Tilkedromes in the calendar. Sochi has a nice flow apart from the stadium sector.

Monaco is definitely my least favourite followed by Vietnam track, baku and Singapore. 

China. I can never be consistent driving it, most corners just don't seem to have a natural flow.

Monaco and Singapore hands down this year. Quite liking the new tracks so far and definitely building up a flow 🙂

2 minutes ago, KittyFit90 said:

Monaco, Baku and China.

I must be in the minority here because I've always enjoyed China

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Turtlemoose said:

I must be in the minority here because I've always enjoyed China

Turn 1 is horrid, I lack any kind of consistency with that turn, makes the track hard to enjoy as a result. 

• Agree 1