Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

Failing to submit results in online private league

1.       A detailed description of the issue.

I play a private league with a friend and we are unable to progress as our results will not save. This first occurred at the end of our second race (Brazil) - after the race had ended, an error message appeared saying that "the attempt to submit results failed". We were then returned to the league summary screen, which displayed the next event as being Brazil. Upon loading back into the league, all progress from the event in Brazil, including practice, qualifying and the race, had been erased and we had to start again from practice. Now we cannot get beyond practice - every time we end the session, either through retirement or through the session time expiring, we are met with the same error message and thus cannot proceed with the event or our league. We have since tried beginning a new league, but at the end of the first practice session, we get the same error message.

2.       Platform 

PS4

3.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

4.       Game-mode? 

League (private)

5.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

I have not tracked the exact amount of times the incident has occurred but I would estimate that it is now in double figures. As mentioned in the description, the incident initially occurred only once we had reached the very end of the race weekend but now occurs following the conclusion of practice. To replicate the issue, I:

Create a new private league with the format displayed in the attached image

Invite my friend, pick teams and begin the first event

Reach the end of practice in the first event, at which point the error and accompanying "the attempt to submit results failed" message appears and we are sent back to the league summary screen.

6.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue. Do you have the latest drivers? Have you check your connectivity settings?

We have taken it in turns creating and hosting the league, using different tracks and teams and changing the length of the practice session. There are no apparent connectivity issues for either user.

1595197146307..jpg

Posted (edited)

1. Detailed description of the issue

Me and my friend and I are playing in a private League. We have been doing a race or two every Saturday night for the last 2 weeks now. Just done the race in Hanoi and we received an Error message saying: the attempt to submit results failed. Tried 4 times and cannot get past Vietnam.

2. Platform 

Xbox one

3. What version of game you are using?

Not sure. Switched Xbox off in frustration. Latest patch as of 1st August.

4. Game-mode 

Multiplayer-League

5. what are your replication Numbers?

Have tried 4 times. We do full qualification (no practice) and 25% race length. We have tried this:

1. Qualification and race and got the error twice

2. Retired from qualification and race (after going past the start line)

3. Retired from qualification and both got a DSQ in the race

Still cannot get past Vietnam. We are running a full season so it is the third race. This issue was not present in the other two races. Obviously. Even tried changing Vietnam on our schedule but we were not allowed to. When we get this error, the leagues menu always has the qualification for Vietnam as our ‘continue’ point. So we are well and truly stuck in this loop.

6. what Troubleshooting have you attempted?

See above for how we have tried to bypass Vietnam and continue our season.

7. what peripherals are you are using?

wheel and pedals for me and controller for my friend

Edited by arjack1884

1.   A description of the issue. Please include any error codes here.

After completing a race in Hanoi, the podium ceremony will play. However, after this the game will give an error message saying “The attempt to submit results failed.” We then get kicked out of the league, and when we re-enter the league the race will have reset to qualifying stage. We are thus stuck on Hanoi.

2.   What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen)

Patch 1.07

3.   Game-mode?

The game mode is online league (unranked), which I play with my brother and 18 AI drivers.

4.   Are you able to recreate the issue? If so, please include recreation steps on how you encountered this issue.

The issue can be recreated by playing in an online league and racing in Hanoi. As mentioned it will give the error after the podium ceremony. We had this happen in two ways: after completing the race normally, and after both getting DNF to see if the issue would then go away (which it didn’t). So to recreate the issue a simple DNF should be enough.

5.   How often do you see this problem? Is it the only time or does it always happen?

This happens every time we try to complete Hanoi in our online league. 

6.   Have you tried any troubleshooting? We recommend the steps here as a starting point for any issues. Please let us know what troubleshooting methods you have tried while creating this post.

We reinstalled the game once, and afterwards we pinpointed the issue as described in the troubleshooting post. 

7.   Any accessories you are using (gamepad, wheel etc)

Xbox controller

8.   Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.

I attached a screenshot of the error message

IMG-20200818-WA0019.jpg

My apologies if I made an error in submitting the bug report, this is the first time I submitted one. Please let me know if I can improve it/ add additional information. 

Hi @Bonekillahben

When you experience this issue, can you add a report code please. How to find this code is to go Main Menu > Game Options > Settings > Bottom Left 16 digit code. This is valid for all of your login session.

Hi everyone, 

So me and a friend of mine are having private league of our own. 

We are now in the Bahrain grand prix weekend. And just after qualifying finished we get the message: attempt to submit results failed. 

Now there's only one thing we can click and that is continue. After having done that we are sent back to the main league screen and we have to do the qualifying session over again. 

We're on Ps4. 

Version 1.07

Game mode is leagues 

We've tried 7 times at the moment. We have qualifying set to full and race set to 25%. With Ai enabled. We start in Q1 from the third attempt forward we do just one lap go into the pit and retire. In Q2 we also do 1 lap go into the pit and retire. In Q3 we do 2 laps after which the timer has ran out, having fully completed the Q3 session and Qualifying as a whole. After this we want to advance from the standings screen. When we both clicked advance the message showing attempt to submit results failed shows to us and we're being sent back to the leagues main screen again and we have to do qualifying again. 

Troubleshooting I've tried is finding out if there's an update (which there wasn't), wait till after server maintenance which is on Monday.

I do not have a video containing this, I do am able to try and make one if that's necessary. 

If someone can please help that'd be truly awesome. 

Greetings Lars (Beatboy2012) 

We tried to recreate the issue again to pass on the report code. However, we didn't get the error message this time. It turns out that we only got the error message because we crashed and got a DNF in qualifying every time we tried the race. When we retire normally in qualifying, and then DNF in the race, we don't get the error message and our league progresses. This means we are now at China and cannot reproduce the issue anymore. I am assuming you don't need the report code because we managed to circumvent the issue, but just in case I will post it: RGRM-MGKK-GTDD-HPVM. Apologies we couldn't test further, I hope the provided information helps in some way.

On 7/20/2020 at 2:21 PM, BarryBL said:

Passed onto our testing team. Thanks for the reporting @Jimmy2507

Hello mate, do you know if there's been any progress on this one? I've seen a few similar reports crop up over the last few weeks. Private leagues are the main reason I got the game so it's a little frustrating that it seems impossible to progress through them at the moment. Cheers!

Hi @BarryBL,

I wrote the above message assuming that the issue was specific to the Hanoi circuit and we would not be able to recreate it again. However, a few days back one of us crashed in the qualification in China, and we got the same error (the attempt to submit results failed). The report code on my console when this happened was: EBDP-TKHR-TDVR-XSEP and my brother's console showed PSBX-JDKP-KRJS-ARBE. Seeing as the above form has all the correct information on it (even the method of recreation remains the same), and only the track differs, is it necessary to make an entire new post? Or is this message enough?

Thanks @Bonekillahben

We are looking into getting this one tested. Out of how many times you've played has this happened to you? Helps with our testings team expectation for replication

Posted (edited)

That's good to hear, thank you. The error happened 4 out of 5 times we attempted a race, and all 4 times one or both of us crashed in qualification.

Edited by Bonekillahben

I have the same problem on the PC. The problem already occurred in F1 2019 and determined 5-6 times in F1 2020. But it is not track-specific. Have already had in Austria in China, Monaco Abu Dhabi and yesterday in Spa. Did normal races after the podium then clicked on next and then came the error message. When I go back to the league menu, the race is displayed as the next event and when you then go to start you end up in qualification and after the end the message comes up and we can't go any further. So it's like an endless loop. the only thing that only helps is if you reset the league. but after a few races the same thing happens again

Hi everyone,

I've merged issues here as they are on the same topic. When you start a new session and experience this issue, can you provide me a report code. How to do so is to go Main Menu > Game Options > Settings > Bottom left of your screen (16 digit code). 

This code is valid for the duration of your session. I can then raise to devs to investigate.

getting this issue as well, multiple times on both 2019 and 2020, having my online leagues ruined and effectively not playability is not fun at all

Hi all, I am having exactly same issue! Very frustrating now.

Report code is ATGP-XPAX-PHTS-PCEC

Thanks

• Like 1

On 9/2/2020 at 5:44 PM, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

I've merged issues here as they are on the same topic. When you start a new session and experience this issue, can you provide me a report code. How to do so is to go Main Menu > Game Options > Settings > Bottom left of your screen (16 digit code). 

This code is valid for the duration of your session. I can then raise to devs to investigate.

Me and my friend went back on today to test again and get a report code. Strangely, in our absence the league had progressed past the second event - which the issue had prevented us from completing - with no result recorded. We tried doing the third event and at the end of the race, same as usual, failed to submit results.

My report code: HEGX-EKGJ-BXGD-SVSM

My friend's code: RKVA-BRRD-VKTS-PCEC

• Like 1

Has anyone solved this issue yet? I'm having almost the same identical problem. Has codemasters responded about any of these errors yet and what to do about it? I've started multiple leagues, and get this error within 5 races and have no choice but to quit and restart the league. Very frustrating!

Yeah, same problem here on PS4 Pro, we have patch 1.08 installed.

For us the problem happens after we advance the race (even in the first race of the league), we get the error message “the attempt to submit results failed.“ and then we are stuck at the race session.

In our case the problem appears if we all retire from the race or if we all crash in the race.

Edited by MrAnam

Thanks for the report codes everyone.

I've added this as a bug for developers now I have the information needed. 👍 Just another request from devs for investigation, can you add your league names so we can check internally if needed.

Bonjour, également le même problème actuellement sur Xbox One X. 

Des qu'une personne abandonné durant la session ce bug apparaît. Et a chaque fois le podium de fin de session est différent pour les 3 joueurs de la ligue.

Un joueur va avoir:Hamilton, Bottas, Verstapen. Le second va avoir Norris, Sainz, Ocon. Et l'autre riccardo, ocon, Verstapen.  Puis a la fin du podium message d'erreur et Circuit a refaire....

On 9/9/2020 at 12:08 PM, BarryBL said:

Thanks for the report codes everyone.

I've added this as a bug for developers now I have the information needed. 👍 Just another request from devs for investigation, can you add your league names so we can check internally if needed.

I've already deleted my league

I will go make a new one and if it happens again I'll upload the league name and code also.

Hope that helps

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, beatboy2012 said:

I've already deleted my league

I will go make a new one and if it happens again I'll upload the league name and code also.

Hope that helps

Thank you @beatboy2012

Des nouvelles? Le problème est toujours présent. Depuis presque un mois impossible de jouer avec mes potes. Ça commence un bon bout de temps ...

A la fin de la course les podiums sont déférents pour tout les joueurs présents dans la ligue