Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Down For Maintenance | 26/07/2021 ×

Hi i am playing on Xbox one version 1.03 on casual racing mode. I purposely missed my pit window as there was rain inbound so i was holding out for that. Then when it started to rain i selected intermediate tyres and on the MDF called that i was boxing on that lap. As i got to the pit lane and started following the blue line my car wanted to turn back onto the track and wanted me to follow the racing line so I had to carry on the entire race without pitting because everytime I got to the pit entrance my car forced me back onto the track meaning i got disqualified because i couldn't pit. This is clearly a bug because there was no commentary saying I've been disqualified just that my teammate was faster than me. This needs to be fixed ASAP because i can no longer go into a race in fear that it will not allow me to box once again.

• Administrator

Hi, 

Thanks for adding your issue. However, we require all bug reports to follow and complete the template below. This is critical information Codemasters needs to be able to see your bug clearly. Link: https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/54650-bug-report-template-in-game-ta/

Please add your bug report onto this thread or I will not be able to replicate or diagnose, and have to delete this thread.

Adding a video of this will be useful, as we've have mentions regarding the steering assist that were by design previously. Also, a copy of your assist settings will help in replication

Thanks for the response so quickly. I am on XBOX one using controller on version 1.03. I have not tried again as I don't want to be disqualified from another race. I am playing on my team. I also don't have a video however i will link a photo of my assist settings. I hope you can understand that I don't want to go into another race as I don't want to get another disqualification. However I can say I that this is the first race it has happened to me and I am on round 11 which I think is the French Grand Prix in the 22 race calendar.

20200720_153412.jpg

Edited by DanBow03

Another update I went into the Austrian race weekend to see if i had the same issue and i recorded it and posted it to my YouTube channel. The video is me in FP3 on casual as seen above, my team career on Xbox one version 1.03 using a controller hope this helps even more. you can see in the video I take the blue line and it swerves me back onto the racing line and i try and turn the car back to the pit lane and it doesn't allow it. I did this 3 times in the video with each time having the same issue. Here is the link to the video: 

I have exactly the same issue, playing my team with all assists as per your screenshot it simple doesn’t allow you to pit, I can add the following bug report to this thread;

1.       Unable to pit stop when playing my team in casual game mode with full assists on/off

2.       Stadia
3.       Version 1.05
4.       Career - My Team
5.       5-10 attempts at multiple circuits including Spain, Monaco and Canada 
6.       Restarting the game, changing assists, changing pit strategy 
7.       Stadia controller 
8.       Any video would look exactly as per the upload on this page.

Ok so there is a work around that I’ve tested on a couple of tracks, when your due to pit use the MFD to confirm box this lap first, then as you are approaching the blue line “pause” the game and go to the preferences tab. Your able to still adjust these whilst playing, take the top one “steering assist” and turn it “off”. Then you should be able to follow the blue line and the comp takes over. Once pitted upon exiting pause and place the steering assist back on. 

Hope this helps, I’d be interested to know if this works for you guys as well. 

2 hours ago, Smr24 said:

Ok so there is a work around that I’ve tested on a couple of tracks, when your due to pit use the MFD to confirm box this lap first, then as you are approaching the blue line “pause” the game and go to the preferences tab. Your able to still adjust these whilst playing, take the top one “steering assist” and turn it “off”. Then you should be able to follow the blue line and the comp takes over. Once pitted upon exiting pause and place the steering assist back on. 

Hope this helps, I’d be interested to know if this works for you guys as well. 

I'll give this a try thats a great idea thanks a lot!

Just tried the above tactic and works perfectly. I called in on the MFD to box as the pit window opened and i paused just before the pit lane turned off steering assist and it worked perfectly! Thanks for that its what I'll be doing for now until codemasters can find a fix! It's a great temporary fix!

So to summarise this, unless I misunderstand.

With steering assist enabled you cannot make your mandatory pitstop unless you perform a complete fudge of a workaround by temporarily switching steering assist off to allow you to go to pit. Then switching it on again.

Does just selecting pit this lap (with steering assist enabled) let you pit?

If not, to claim this is “by design” your designers/developers must be having a giraffe.

Perhaps a better tag would be “Bug acknowledged but will not be fixed in F1 2020 based on workaround and not being a complete game breaker” or something more concise would be a better way to categorise this. Very similar to the terrible implementation of ERS Deployment MFD increase/decrease option in Qualifying.

• Agree 1
4 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Another option is to press 'Box this lap' on the MFD. Then the steering assist will recognise when to pit. Closed as 'by design'.

In the video above the driver does select Box this lap via the MFD and still can't turn into the pits. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Another option is to press 'Box this lap' on the MFD. Then the steering assist will recognise when to pit. Closed as 'by design'.

This actually did not work for me i tried this as you can see in the video and it doesnt work

1.       Unable to pit stop when playing my team career mode in casual game mode with full assists on even when using the MFD

2.       Xbox One
3.       Version 1.05
4.       Career - My Team
5.       5-10 attempts at multiple circuits including Spain and France
6.       Restarting the game, changing assists, changing pit strategy 
7.       Xbox One  controller

I enter the Grand Prix with all assists on and wait for my pit window as normal. I then as normal select on the MFD 'box this lap' and as I come towards the pit lane I start to follow the blue line. As i get closer to the pit lane my car wants to realign to the green racing line and forces me ,no matter how hard I try, back onto the racing line meaning I cannot pit throughout the entire race. I then each lap after the pit window try once again to pit using the MFD and it still doesn't allow me to pit. I have found a temporary solution where you use the MFD to box on the lap. Then when you are nearing the pit lane pause the game and turn off steering assist. Then you can pit without and trouble and turn it on after your pit stop is complete. I have been disqualified from one race now as I am unable to pit. For more reference there is 2 YouTube videos up on my channel both of the glitch on different circuits. The first video is already in this thread and here is the second video with one attempt causing me to crash and the second attempt not allowing me to pit causing me just to retire early so I don't waste my time.

• Administrator

I've tried to replicate this twice and it performs by design.

As long as I select 'Box this lap' the steering assist leans towards the pitlane. Remember that it is only a assist, and some control will be needed from the player to direct yourself to the pits. In your second example, you crash, and then once you reset to track, you are past the pitlane.

Are players directing the car to the pitlane also, to help with the assist. As long as I select Box this lap on the MFD, it works as designed from my side. My settings under test were Steering assist as 'On', Braking 'High' , Auto reset to track on too

I understand what you are saying however if i use box this lap on the MFD it still doesnt work. As you can see on both videos I use the MFD and press 'Box this lap' and it still forces me away from the pit lane. If you got to 1:20 in the first video i use the MFD and it still pulls me away when trying to enter the pits. Then in the second video at 0:46 I use the MFD to box and once again I can't enter the pits.

Also yes of course i am directing the car to the pits holding the left stick to the right and it just slowly puts be back onto the racing line.

Edited by DanBow03
  • 3 months later...

Is there a fix for this? I just purchased the game and I have the same problem. Frustrating. It spoils the game completely, because on at least three tracks I can't pit my car, no matter whether I use the MFD and state that I'm going to pit on the lap. It just won't let me into the pit lane. Over and over. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Has this issue been fixed? I just got the game Friday and it's so frustrating having to remember to switch back to Assisted Steering. I've never owned ANY racing game before so this is ALL new to me. Surely they would have fixed this by now? I mean, it is the only thing right now that turns me off about the game. This is a game that I always want to come back to, I'm really diggin' it otherwise..