F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE Read more... ×

Patch 1.05 | ALL PLATFORMS | Initial Patch Notes Here

Without sounding dumb By initial patch notes does that mean there is more to come in this patch?

• Like 1

@BarryBL Great Update, Btw any update regarding the decreasing Team Acclaim, for now i have turned off the Marketing Facility after its Update, and now my acclaim is not decreasing but is growing at a slow speed. Please please fix this asap, stuck at 19 and 20th level would mean extra sponsor and cash. 
Thanx ❤️ 

Well at least a quick fix to nerf the Ferrari engine would be nice 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 3

Looks good. I really hope the game-breaking "connecting to online services" bug has been fixed under "various other stability and bug fixes".

14 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

• When using a wheel car controls will no longer control the camera at race start

@BarryBL I have yet to test the new update but I was following on my phone. Great to see this already being addressed but the issue also arose in flashbacks, is this fixed as well?

36 minutes ago, Wiidesire said:

F1 2020 PC Patch 1.05 (776.7 MB):

• Fixed a crash that would occur after beating a rival in Time Trial
  • Players will no longer be incorrectly disqualified for not using the mandatory tyres during a race
  • Qualifying times seen on the grid rundown are now correct
  • Gearbox wear is no longer scaled based on season length
  • Fixed the missing heads on the podium in Multiplayer
  • Speeding when the Virtual Safety Car is ending will now correctly penalise clients in a multiplayer session
  • When using a wheel car controls will no longer control the camera at race start
  • Vietnam track introduction video now shows the correct number of DRS zones
  • The character walking on water during the introduction cutscene at Australia now correctly has a boat to stand on
  • Fixed Sponsor logos on suits appearing stretched in certain conditions.
  • Fixed several end of season Sponsor payments.
  • Improved abrupt Force Feedback issue under braking on Direct Drive wheels
  • A use flashback prompt will now be shown the first time the player goes off track or collides with another vehicle
  • Numerous text and localisation fixes
  • Various other stability and bug fixes

Source

Haha, he made it into the patch notes :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Wth still no black mercedes?????? is this bs

Edited by justnumber7
  • Disagree 13

53 minutes ago, Wiidesire said:

F1 2020 PC Patch 1.05 (776.7 MB):

• The character walking on water during the introduction cutscene at Australia now correctly has a boat to stand on

Source

I always walk over water. Never needed a boat. Am I right? John? Paul? Thomas? etc.?

• Haha 1

Is the bug where engine supplier sound doesn’t change in this patch? What about the new strategy on mfd not present bug? @BarryBL

44 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Any further details on what these are?

• Agree 1

Is the bug where engine supplier sound doesn’t change in this patch? What about the new strategy on mfd not present bug? @BarryBL

47 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone.

Patch 1.05 is out now on PC, with the patch coming to consoles later this week. You can check out the notes for this patch here, with a 'Deep Dive' related to these notes giving more detail coming later in the week:

• Fixed a crash that would occur after beating a rival in Time Trial
  • Players will no longer be incorrectly disqualified for not using the mandatory tyres during a race
  • Qualifying times seen on the grid rundown are now correct
  • Gearbox wear is no longer scaled based on season length
  • Fixed the missing heads on the podium in Multiplayer
  • Speeding when the Virtual Safety Car is ending will now correctly penalise clients in a multiplayer session
  • Vietnam track introduction video now shows the correct number of DRS zones
  • Fixed Sponsor logos on suits appearing stretched in certain conditions.
  • Fixed several end of season Sponsor payments.
  • Improved abrupt Force Feedback issue under braking on Direct Drive wheels
  • A use flashback prompt will now be shown the first time the player goes off track or collides with another vehicle

Many thanks,

Barry

Still no mention of fixing the super licence, rubbish.

4 minutes ago, Jacobs4858 said:

Is the bug where engine supplier sound doesn’t change in this patch? What about the new strategy on mfd not present bug? @BarryBL

Ah yes..... I'm not paying more for a Ferrari engine if I don't get that beautiful sound

• Agree 1

48 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Great, I was just about to start a thread about this. Thanks for the lightning fast fix!

50 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

@BarryBL I know what this supposed to be fixing but this doesn't sound like it's worded correctly, lol.

This reads to me that people were getting disqualified for NOT using the mandatory tyre and that was incorrect, which is actually what's it's supposed to do haha 😂 Think the last "not" needs to be removed 😜

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2

I can't believe people are moaning that the new Mercedes livery isn't being included. It is FAR more important that basic functionality bugs are resolved and delaying this so that a new livery could have been added as well would have been a poor decision I think.

Thanks for the update @BarryBL, and for the work that has gone on to try to improve things.

• Agree 7

Posted (edited)

So no fix for the change strategy from the mfd? ( a bug where your engineer proposed a new strategy but you couldn't apply it )

so far i tried to change it and it said: Keep Current Strategy or Full Race Update . Tried both several times but none gave you the option for a new strategy.

Will it be fixed in future patch?? @BarryBL

Edited by vangelis413

42 minutes ago, LiamRB91 said:

Well at least a quick fix to nerf the Ferrari engine would be nice 

Based on what? They are missing a lot of data, which they put through complex algorithm to get their numbers. Just from checking qualy speed traps from Austrian GP 2019/2020 and comparing sectors in Hungary between 2 years, one can come to a lot of conclusions. I would prefer them to wait also Silverstone data, because I expect them to be way-off if they use only these 2(3) races.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Great news on the tyre DSQ bug! Hopefully the patch arrives on Xbox soon 🙂

1 hour ago, Geboy91 said:

No liveries and Performance? Bad, really Bad,yes this is incredible!no livery,but this totale is official or not!!!mercedes is Black!!!!!!!

• Disagree 1

Livery Mercedes,and other team????real performance???no no and no!!!!!what is this???is incredibile.an official title!!!this is unacceptable ⚠️⚠️⚠️

• Like 1
  • Disagree 12

1 hour ago, BarryBL said:

The character walking on water during the introduction cutscene at Australia now correctly has a boat to stand on

😂 made my day!

Thanks for the patch cm. Game is already stunning! Having a blast playing it with my 11 year old son.

• Agree 1

Ok i understood no new track,very impossible job,but livery and level performance,!!!this is a problem,no good.

• Disagree 10