F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE Read more... ×

Patch 1.05 | ALL PLATFORMS | Initial Patch Notes Here

5 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

@DREAMACHINE there was never any plans for a new track. Please note earlier discussion in this forum, crashes and stability, at this stage, is more important

To be fair, he isn't mentioning anything regarding new tracks.

13 minutes ago, DREAMACHINE said:

Ok i understood no new track,very impossible job,but livery and level performance,!!!this is a problem,no good.

Apologies, wrong quote. Still, livery and performance will be coming, but not at this period.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Ho3n3r said:

To be fair, he isn't mentioning anything regarding new tracks.

He did in another comment underneath this one

What about the inability to simulate a race? Keep getting black screen with no points update, race result, or equipment wear. Xbox 1.

WHAT ABOUT CAR PERFORMANCE?? YOU HAVE TO MAKE THE FERRARI SLOW , A FERRARI SHOULD BE NO WHERE NEAR TOP 5 OR TOP 6, AND FERRARI IS A MIDFIELD TEAM THIS YEAR I HOPE YOU GUYS FIX THIS AND THE FERRARI POWER UNIT SHOULD BE THE SLOWEST ON THE GRID AND I DONT KNOW WHY YOU GUYS ARE NOT REALISING THIS..  REALISTIC CAR PERFOEMANCE: I hope someone from CODE MASTERS ARE SEEING THIS AND FIXING THE CAR PERFORMANCES.    

MERCEDES

RED BULL

RACING POINT

MCLAREN

FERRARI

RENAULT

ALPHATAURI

ALFA ROMEO OR HAAS 

ALFA ROMEO OR HAAS

WILLIAMS

• Disagree 7

2 minutes ago, Rango said:

So many up in arms about the performance and livery updates. Priorities people! Let's fix the actual game breaking issues first and then worry about aesthetics. I know performance isn't accurate, but they can't just 'nerf' ferrari. I mean if most of the actual f1 teams aren't definitive about the ability of their cars yet, how are CM meant to be? Great job @BarryBL and team, thanks for the update & keep up the good work!

People don't realise that to update performance they need data to work with. I get the impression people think they can just adjust a few numbers and job done. CM don't have a magic wand. They're not going to fix and adjust everything in 1 gigantic patch. They're a small team, not an army. They'll most likely already be working on next year's game on top of adding patches.

It's sad to see how some members on here are behaving and taking it out on Barry, who I think has done brilliant in gathering our feedback and trying his best to address issues we find. Making demands and being aggressive to CM staff won't achieve anything or make patches come faster. Yes criticise and voice opinions but I think we should be patient and respect each other. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 6

Do you need help on the graphics department?
Or to check and adjust tracks up to what they are looking like now?

Also, caps doesn't get anything done quicker... 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Sreevard said:

WHAT ABOUT CAR PERFORMANCE?...

Stop shouting (using capitals) and note that performance changes will be made but just not in the patches coming out this week. You're acting as if you've been told this will never happen.

• Agree 3

I hope that in the livery patch the white wings will be removed from the Schumacher helmets that you can use on your characters.

Would take the game from 9/10 to 11/10 for me. 

4 hours ago, AmeyaK said:

@BarryBL Great Update, Btw any update regarding the decreasing Team Acclaim, for now i have turned off the Marketing Facility after its Update, and now my acclaim is not decreasing but is growing at a slow speed. Please please fix this asap, stuck at 19 and 20th level would mean extra sponsor and cash. 
Thanx ❤️ 

@BarryBL  @AmeyaKThis is the fix that I am looking for as well. Hopefully this is included in the various other stability and bug fixes category. I guess Ill boot it up to see if it's fixed. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the patch a good start plenty to do though!

Like the my team engine bug where you dont get the new engine if you change suppliers.

Everyone annoyed about the performances all we know for sure is mercedes are 8 tenths clear.

5 hours ago, LiamRB91 said:

Well at least a quick fix to nerf the Ferrari engine would be nice 

Every engine is capable of 100/100 I believe with perforando reliability so every engine has equal chance in this game. 

On 7/9/2020 at 6:52 AM, BarryBL said:

The issue and the associated error code isn't game specific, its acknowledged by PS and is a console specific code. 

I just finished season 1 and I can’t advance to season 2. Everytime I try the hame freezes. I did a 16 race season. Anyone else have this issue? 

Good job with the patch, that crash in time trial was really annoying.

Hoping that black liveries for Mercedes will be added soon (tm). There may be mods for it, but a noob like me doesnt find out easily how to install these / use them properly.

While I perfectly understand that it has no priority yet, (engine) perfomance values should at least reflect the fact, that the Ferrari engine had to be nerfed due to an agreement with the FIA end of last year. If this is the F1 2020 game, there is no way the Ferrari engine can be the best, strongest choice when founding "my team". For me this has the same priority as correcting the liveries. If Codemasters is neither willing nor allowed to tune down the Ferrari performance themselves, then why not let us have a slider or a menu where we can edit the engine performance / car performace to our own likings?

On a different note, with so much to do under "my team" now, running this game on PC without mouse support is ridiculous, the buttons on my steering wheel are already broken. Cannot be that hard to implement mouse support in menus, or is it, any plans doing so in later 2020? Please?

On a sidenote, if you guys made a DLC with the tracks that will be run in real life in 2020, but have not been implemented yet, I would perfectly be willing to spend a few bucks buying these in a DLC.

10 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Planned for a upcoming patch

Good spot, updated 🙂 

Barry, has the Primary Sponsor Bonus been fixed? I lost a $15M bonus from VENUS. Also, the engine sounds did not switch at the beginning of S3 after switching from Renault to Ferrari, any news on that?

11 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone.

Patch 1.05 is out now on PC, with the patch coming to consoles later this week. You can check out the notes for this patch here, with a 'Deep Dive' related to these notes giving more detail coming later in the week:

• Fixed a crash that would occur after beating a rival in Time Trial
  • Players will no longer be disqualified for correctly using the mandatory tyres during a race
  • Qualifying times seen on the grid rundown are now correct
  • Gearbox wear is no longer scaled based on season length
  • Fixed the missing heads on the podium in Multiplayer
  • Speeding when the Virtual Safety Car is ending will now correctly penalise clients in a multiplayer session
  • When using a wheel car controls will no longer control the camera at race start
  • Vietnam track introduction video now shows the correct number of DRS zones
  • The character walking on water during the introduction cutscene at Australia now correctly has a boat to stand on
  • Fixed Sponsor logos on suits appearing stretched in certain conditions.
  • Fixed several end of season Sponsor payments.
  • Improved abrupt Force Feedback issue under braking on Direct Drive wheels
  • A use flashback prompt will now be shown the first time the player goes off track or collides with another vehicle
  • Numerous text and localisation fixes
  • Various other stability and bug fixes

Many thanks,

Barry

OK but what about the pit coins? I still haven't got any except for the once from the "free podium pass" (2500). I responded to 2 different posts where I gave my info.

• Agree 1

Creo que uno de los problemas mas graves que veo en el gameplay es que los autos te chocan de atras todo el tiempo. Directamente no frenan. Te chocan en cada curva si sos un poco mas lento. Y te sacan de la carrera. Deberian correjir esto en la IA para que sea mas real

"Improved abrupt Force Feedback issue under braking on Direct Drive wheels"

THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH FOR THIS. NOW I CAN FINALLY MAKE A CLOSED / V-SHAPED TURN CORRECTLY UNDER BRAKES. ME AND MY G29 ARE SO THANKFUL.

• Haha 1

Good work on patch 1.05, but looking at the realease notes, I am dissapointed that the 'new strategy available - bug' is not fixed with this patch. Where the engineer is supposed to propose a new strategy at some point, instead the MFD just shows the current strategy and the alternative strategy is not shown/called at all (0 -stops/full race update is shown instead).

I noticed multiple reports (cross platform) of players who have the same issue, someone even reported it was spotted during beta-testing already. Apparently no priority was given for some reason over the other issues fixed now. I'm sure developers had there reasons for this, but it has been my primary concern so far.

Some people suggest that the ' workaround' is to determine your own alternative strategy during the race, but that is not realistic: it is hard for the driver to decide on a new strategy during a 100% race without proper feedback from the team.  The team should have most of the data necessary to calculate an alternative strategy during a race ; especially the data involving what the teams are doing, what would be the best lap to stop and what tires to set because of that. It is not just about weather changes and damage repairs,  it is the complete picture. The team knows better than the driver except when a tire is finished already, or is undrivable already due to rain, before the planned stop, than the driver should make the call to come in early. That is how it should be, I think at least.

Driving 100% races on higher AI difficulty levels,  strategy is a very important part of being able to get a good finishing result in this game. It is a big part of F1 in real life as well. That is why I am suprised no priority was given on fixing this bug.

On the other hand, if most players tend to drive more arcade style, only drive 5 multiplayer sessions, where pit stops and strategy play no part at all (just banging each other of the road apparantly, which is a shame, because this game has much more to offer...), than I can imagine developers making the choice not to prioritise this issue. But if it stays like this and most players don't care, you might as well remove the feature completely... Hope a new patch fixing this issue will be released very soon...