F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE Read more... ×

Patch 1.05 | ALL PLATFORMS | Initial Patch Notes Here

So did the Ferrari receive any Patches since launch? Or even during the 3 day early access or did that not happen yet (just asking)

51 minutes ago, MichaelDecker said:

So did the Ferrari receive any Patches since launch? Or even during the 3 day early access or did that not happen yet (just asking)

No. Car performance hasn't been altered at all for any car. It will all be done with the future performance update as per previous comments. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Ralph14 said:

Good work on patch 1.05, but looking at the realease notes, I am dissapointed that the 'new strategy available - bug' is not fixed with this patch. Where the engineer is supposed to propose a new strategy at some point, instead the MFD just shows the current strategy and the alternative strategy is not shown/called at all (0 -stops/full race update is shown instead).

I noticed multiple reports (cross platform) of players who have the same issue, someone even reported it was spotted during beta-testing already. Apparently no priority was given for some reason over the other issues fixed now. I'm sure developers had there reasons for this, but it has been my primary concern so far.

Some people suggest that the ' workaround' is to determine your own alternative strategy during the race, but that is not realistic: it is hard for the driver to decide on a new strategy during a 100% race without proper feedback from the team.  The team should have most of the data necessary to calculate an alternative strategy during a race ; especially the data involving what the teams are doing, what would be the best lap to stop and what tires to set because of that. It is not just about weather changes and damage repairs,  it is the complete picture. The team knows better than the driver except when a tire is finished already, or is undrivable already due to rain, before the planned stop, than the driver should make the call to come in early. That is how it should be, I think at least.

Driving 100% races on higher AI difficulty levels,  strategy is a very important part of being able to get a good finishing result in this game. It is a big part of F1 in real life as well. That is why I am suprised no priority was given on fixing this bug.

On the other hand, if most players tend to drive more arcade style, only drive 5 multiplayer sessions, where pit stops and strategy play no part at all (just banging each other of the road apparantly, which is a shame, because this game has much more to offer...), than I can imagine developers making the choice not to prioritise this issue. But if it stays like this and most players don't care, you might as well remove the feature completely... Hope a new patch fixing this issue will be released very soon...

The bug in question has been replicated and we are working on a fix. Will be in a upcoming patch pending no further complications

19 hours ago, Turtlemoose said:

Ah yes..... I'm not paying more for a Ferrari engine if I don't get that beautiful sound

19 hours ago, Jacobs4858 said:

Is the bug where engine supplier sound doesn’t change in this patch? What about the new strategy on mfd not present bug? @BarryBL

What's happening? All four engines have the same sound in My Team mode? 

I'm starting my career in a F2 full season and never touched My Team since Deluxe Edition day one because I decided to wait liveries and performance updates. Didn't know there was a bug concerning this.

20 hours ago, Blent said:

I don't know how the patch process works, because I've not a developer, but I do know it's a complicated process on consoles.

Codemasters are probably being strategic about introducing the updated liveries with the performance update, which I imagine they will be looking at now we've had three races over two different circuits. That and all the liveries need approval from third-parties, which makes the process much longer too.

I think the most important thing was to focus on the most serious glitches like the tyre compound bug, which they seem to have solved with this new patch. So that's good.

Probably doesn't help that teams continually alter their liveries/sponsors too.

McLaren alone have already had at least 3 different sponsors or logos on the side of the car. 

Posted (edited)

Will there be different pit times on Multiplayer? 😄

Edited by xTiMm_

21 hours ago, swifishy said:

Does this include error code HO78.6443 where players are getting kicked out of all multiplayer races even when still connected to Xbox live?

Would like to know that too

Does this patch address the issue regarding the "Communicating with online services"?

Already driven someone with Fanatec DD or CSL?
Is the FFB error gone?

1 hour ago, Slivets said:

Does this patch address the issue regarding the "Communicating with online services"?

Do you mean during multiplayer where it takes up the whole screen? No, unfortunately. It covers the things listed at the start of the thread.

@TurkeySloth2107 where in the world are you as my xbox one hasnt picked up the 1.05 patch for F1 2020 yet just saying yet my PS4 & PC version has I know I will get it in the end.

4 minutes ago, lustig98 said:

I still don't get my pitcoins after Patch 1.05

Tbf, no-one said you would

• Agree 1

@BarryBL just installed patch 1.05 and the tyre disqualification is still occurring. However, i did have a midsession save on the race. I will restart the race from the beginning and see if it works, but thought i would let you know in case others report the same mate.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Thorne92 said:

@BarryBL just installed patch 1.05 and the tyre disqualification is still occurring. However, i did have a midsession save on the race. I will restart the race from the beginning and see if it works, but thought i would let you know in case others report the same mate.   

Could you let me know how this performs in a totally new session please @Thorne92

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, LILLHELM said:

Already driven someone with Fanatec DD or CSL?
Is the FFB error gone?

League colleague has tested, the problem is always there ... too bad

Edited by LILLHELM

8 hours ago, Ralph14 said:

Good work on patch 1.05, but looking at the realease notes, I am dissapointed that the 'new strategy available - bug' is not fixed with this patch. Where the engineer is supposed to propose a new strategy at some point, instead the MFD just shows the current strategy and the alternative strategy is not shown/called at all (0 -stops/full race update is shown instead).

I noticed multiple reports (cross platform) of players who have the same issue, someone even reported it was spotted during beta-testing already. Apparently no priority was given for some reason over the other issues fixed now. I'm sure developers had there reasons for this, but it has been my primary concern so far.

Some people suggest that the ' workaround' is to determine your own alternative strategy during the race, but that is not realistic: it is hard for the driver to decide on a new strategy during a 100% race without proper feedback from the team.  The team should have most of the data necessary to calculate an alternative strategy during a race ; especially the data involving what the teams are doing, what would be the best lap to stop and what tires to set because of that. It is not just about weather changes and damage repairs,  it is the complete picture. The team knows better than the driver except when a tire is finished already, or is undrivable already due to rain, before the planned stop, than the driver should make the call to come in early. That is how it should be, I think at least.

Driving 100% races on higher AI difficulty levels,  strategy is a very important part of being able to get a good finishing result in this game. It is a big part of F1 in real life as well. That is why I am suprised no priority was given on fixing this bug.

On the other hand, if most players tend to drive more arcade style, only drive 5 multiplayer sessions, where pit stops and strategy play no part at all (just banging each other of the road apparantly, which is a shame, because this game has much more to offer...), than I can imagine developers making the choice not to prioritise this issue. But if it stays like this and most players don't care, you might as well remove the feature completely... Hope a new patch fixing this issue will be released very soon...

Agree totally but nice to see codemasters are on the issue of tactics for tire changes.

my issue is at this rate the updates will soon be twice as big for storage space than what the game takes up. I know this won’t be too much of a issue for pc users but for console users who couldn’t afford to buy anything but standard console it comes to be a big issue when one game takes up so much space yet devs of different games don’t seem to really care.

but got to say glitches aside really impressed with game this year especially team mode even if my car didn’t like to handle at all in Vietnam race lol.

47 minutes ago, LILLHELM said:

League colleague has tested, the problem is not there ... too bad

You are unhappy that an error has been fixed?

Can Williams get thier correct, real life suit.

Right now they have a white suit with blue arrows on them, and dosent look that good.

But in real life they are just white with a few blue stripes. Pretty simple and nice looking.

2 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Could you let me know how this performs in a totally new session please @Thorne92

@BarryBL no problem mate, just tested this. Restarted the race and managed to complete with no issues in both MyTeam and normal Career modes. Seems like midsession saves will still have the issue but i’m glad i was able to start my careers!  

• Agree 1

I was hoping the gearbox durability would be fixed, but it seems like my game still has the durability issues with the gearbox. I've been looking at more closely and it seems like, at every braking point, I lose 0.5%-1% durability each. In Bahrain, I lose 5% per lap with most of the damage coming from the braking points at the end of each straight. I wish I could enjoy the game, but what's the point when I'm gonna DNF every single time. I have tried both manual and automatic and I tried braking more gently but the durability goes down so quickly. I can make a bug report if needed.

On 7/20/2020 at 10:07 AM, Geboy91 said:

No liveries and Performance? Bad, really Bad

that's a bigger patch and no a big deal at the moment.  fixing game play first.