F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE Read more... ×

Patch 1.05 | ALL PLATFORMS | Initial Patch Notes Here

2 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

You are unhappy that an error has been fixed?

Translation error, unfortunately the problem is not gone ....

since the patch i see one new situation happening with IA, when have 3 cars together on straights and the last car will try overtake the second car by inside line on next corner, he crashing in behing the first car during the corner, looks he ignore the first car

i see this happening 5 times, 1 on USA, 1 on canada and 3 on australia

i can´t remember this happening before the patch

Disappointing. Here’s my opinion. I feel that The game should have been fully fixed and not require multiple patches well before launch. If the car performance data wasn’t available don’t open preorders and launch an game that’s still in development. Fix the bugs, launch the game when it’s ready and make sure you at least have performance data before setting a launch date. 

Alternatively, If you really must launch before it’s ready I think you should tell people what performance data you have, what bugs your aware of, and what you expect to fix and update with some time lines so we know what to expect and whether to commit financially and pre order, buy on release, or wait.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 6

I had a midsession save from my last solo career race and came back to my PS4 to find that an update had been applied.  Got into the game, continued the Singapore race and finished first.  Saw the fireworks go off down the final straight as I cross the finish line, saw the graphic that said I was first, all like normal.  I go to the podium screen, and it’s not my driver, it’s Hamilton.  I skip the ceremony and go to the results screen and it shows me in 19th.  It’s the 16th race of the season, I have 15 first place wins, and now this 19th place.  No points, no rival points, no XP, nothin.  It’s not like I had a choice to not let the update be applied so that I could continue my race before updating.  Really sad...  :’(

@BarryBL

Hey, I was just wondering, is the engine supplier sound not changing when you switch in my team getting looked at? 

Posted (edited)

Hi. I use a T300RS steering wheel. After update to 1.05 version I have encountered problems.

In Team Career mode the gearbox is only automatic, although it is set manually, the car does not break anymore, even if I hit the wall at 300 km/h, the gearbox remains manual only in "time attach" mode, can't find car damage setting, formation lap setting does not work. In addition, I can no longer change the type of petrol mixture and I cannot manage the ERS, even if the setting of the ERS is manual. As a result, petrol runs out very early and I cannot activate "Overtaking". Before the update all this I could manage it without any problem. What happened?

PS. My platform is PC game on Windows 10, Dx 12.

Edited by torpisctra

Posted (edited)

@BarryBL When it comes to releasing the performance patch (whenever this may be - this is by no means asking an ETA). Given how long after the game’s release we are having to wait for realistic performance it seems wrong to expect people to hold off playing the most talked about game mode or having to lose all progress. Could there please be some way to integrate this into the MyTeam saves already started and make it player’s choice? I’d hate to get halfway through season 4 only to have to restart because i don’t want Ferrari winning every race. Because I genuinely fear getting too far invested into the career to warrant resetting.

Like a message in the emails section along the lines of “Would you like to apply performance changes to the current game save [Yes] [No]” clicking yes would ‘add’ or ‘minus’ the difference in performance (i’m assuming there is some kind of numerical value for the 4 performance areas that players don’t see) relative to where there ended up in the player’s savegame. Possibly even showing a comparative table of what the new performance would look like so the player can make an informed decision they wont regret.

Edited by AdamComer

Posted (edited)
On 7/20/2020 at 4:23 PM, janbonator said:

Looks good. I really hope the game-breaking "connecting to online services" bug has been fixed under "various other stability and bug fixes".

Patch 1.05 installed on PS4 Pro, but this issue is still coming up here. Everytime you are coming back from a race, timetrial etc. to the main menu this popup message blocked the whole game.

Sometimes for seconds, most of the times for minutes and sometimes i've to close and restart the game.

Absolutely no other issues with my internet connection. You can also switch to the PS4 mainmenu and go the PS Store in the background without any problems. The screen "connecting to online services" remains in the game.

Very bad experience... 

Edited by Racer4711
  • Sad 1

Problems whit g920 streering wheel.

when turning The steering wheel to make curves, the camera follows the movement to the Left or right (look to the side)

img 

AD30CF1B-28DF-4DD5-8644-1581F97B18B4.png

Is there a coming fix for Online Leagues we just raced a 50% Bahrain race and after the race it came up with a error - Failed to submit race results.

Causing us to have to race the same event again. very frustrating

Any Fix?Error.thumb.jpg.4241181f41bec3e6ffddbef4af3fe652.jpg

Posted (edited)

To those asking if this or that fix is being made soon... I'd suggest searching to see if your bug has been reported before. If it hasn't, the likelihood is that no it won't be fixed, because they don't know about it. This is why bug reporting in the correct thread with completed templates is required (thread link below) 

https://forums.codemasters.com/forum/111-gameplay-issues-and-bugs-ta/

Edited by Rango
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 7/21/2020 at 4:49 PM, Rango said:

Tbf, no-one said you would

Tbf we already should have them because we paid for them.

Would this patch solve the issue with the missing Pitcoins on the Xbox? (Schumacher edition Pitcoins never received in-game) 

6 hours ago, axel1797 said:

Would this patch solve the issue with the missing Pitcoins on the Xbox? (Schumacher edition Pitcoins never received in-game) 

No.

Can a future patch please include the option to allow 'Career mode' weather to be set to 'Clear weather' if the user desires?, seriously you should rename yourselves "Rainmasters" I've had five races in 'My Team Career Mode' and three of the five races so far had rain or rain intervals, it's just not realistic! At least give 'us' the choice of desired weather per race.

Also when will the ERS adjustment in qualifying be fixed, we should be able to set to 'Lean' or 'Off' on the out lap?  

Apart from that, Loving the game!

Bit concerned about the banners. When was the update to Online Services completed?

Nothing in the banner post to give a date or time. 1.05 has been on PC for several days yet on my PC it looks like the most urgent post in the world....

If it has been completed, there's sure a lot that's not fixed, even stuff in the patch notes are not fixed.

WTAF Codemasters? What IS going on?

On 7/21/2020 at 9:49 PM, pinmanf1 said:

Disappointing. Here’s my opinion. I feel that The game should have been fully fixed and not require multiple patches well before launch. If the car performance data wasn’t available don’t open preorders and launch an game that’s still in development. Fix the bugs, launch the game when it’s ready and make sure you at least have performance data before setting a launch date. 

Alternatively, If you really must launch before it’s ready I think you should tell people what performance data you have, what bugs your aware of, and what you expect to fix and update with some time lines so we know what to expect and whether to commit financially and pre order, buy on release, or wait.

If they did what you suggest then they would be releasing the game around September - no system is ever bug free no matter how much testing and simulation you do - no one can account for the myriad of setups for PCs, PSs or Xboxs.
Car performance is only known after they perform, I am guessing it currently has the last available 2019 season data intergrated into it, no one knew how rubbish Ferrari were going to be this year even at the beginning of the year.
All of the above bug fixes that need real sim-world testing and performance data that needs real world performance to emulate will be added when they are known - we wouldn't all be wanting to wait for January 2021 for the release of F1 2020 would we?

You make a valid point about informing everyone what performance data is being used - Season 2019? Testing 2020? or a mix.

As for the bugs by their nature and name they are often not known about at the time of release and it is only when Joe Bloggs does a race with certain assists in a certain setup on a certain race length that a bug may appear - THEN it is up to Joe to submit a Bug Report not moan, not ask if it will be fixed but provide all the information about how they came across the bug to the develpoers so they can track down the problem.

I work in a peripheral supplier to the aviation industry and we have flight critical systems that come in for repair as 'Faulty' or 'Does not work' - as you can imagine this gives us no starting point and yet the aircraft they come from can supply pages of fault reporting data if only Joe Bloggs accessed it and sent it in so we could address the specific problem.

All the above is my opinion and you are of course entitled to your own but you must realise the amount of in season development that happens in F1 - they don't get the perfect car on day 1 - why would we all expect to get the perfect game on day 1?

• Agree 1