Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

[ Multiplayer ] - HO78.6443 Error Code Master Thread - Xbox

The fact a few select players seem to be experiencing it a lot more than others implies it's something that is exacerbated by local conditions. Available network bandwidth is the only realistic candidate at the moment.

@GethinJ44 I'd recommend changing to Wired connection firstly, as Wireless isn't great for gaming, and your 66ms latency supports that. From my gaming experience, a solid connection is around 16ms. 

@BarryBL I have a hard wired connection, recently having an issue with download speeds from virgin media wifi. Will have a word with them. My question is, how come there is no issue at all with this connection on previous f1 games 2018, 19 and no connection problems in games like fifa, gta, cod but such a consistent and regular disconnection within F1 2020?

1 minute ago, swifishy said:

@BarryBL I have a hard wired connection, recently having an issue with download speeds from virgin media wifi. Will have a word with them. My question is, how come there is no issue at all with this connection on previous f1 games 2018, 19 and no connection problems in games like fifa, gta, cod but such a consistent and regular disconnection within F1 2020?

Would be dependant on a few variables, including the system used to connect to players. I still think there is a wider issue, but I've spoke to the network team and we've checked internally and cannot see any reasons for the issues. Could be the users you are connecting to? Is it only this error code you are seeing? Longshot here, but do you have more than 1 profile on your Xbox? Can you try removing the unneeded ones, and running with one profile. I'll confess, this idea is a longshot here.

1 minute ago, BarryBL said:

Would be dependant on a few variables, including the system used to connect to players. I still think there is a wider issue, but I've spoke to the network team and we've checked internally and cannot see any reasons for the issues. Could be the users you are connecting to? Is it only this error code you are seeing? Longshot here, but do you have more than 1 profile on your Xbox? Can you try removing the unneeded ones, and running with one profile. I'll confess, this idea is a longshot here.

I have seen the actual error code 50% of the time during disconnects. The rest of the time it just says lost connection to Xbox live. However I can still access all Xbox live features including parties and even join straight back into another f1 lobby. I have tried removing all other accounts and it didn’t make a difference. 

My connection is wired but using Three UK 4G broadband.

I'm getting DC after few minutes of playing, sometimes even waiting in lobby. My NAT is open and download speed is 60-80 mb/s upload about 30-50 mb/s and latency 23-35 ms.

While I'm playing online no one is using internet. My phone is connected to wifi and using SIM dashboard app for telemetry. Tried to play without it and same issue.

I can't even finish 5 lap race before DC.

When I'm changing my broadband to 3g my download speed is 18 mb/s upload 6 mb/s and latency 40-60 ms. Had maybe 2 or 3 DC on it in about 30 hours of play without error code.

Its only on F1 2020, no DC problems on 2019 and 2018 before and even now. Dont have any other problems with other games. Have tried to play on controller not wheel also tried my second xbox (fat) and same. 

@BarryBL just contacted virgin, they said theres no issue with download or upload speed and ping is good. They said that as long as you have a wired connection there shouldn’t be any issues with getting kicked from the lobby. They said that because there is no issue in other comparable games it must be the f1 2020 servers. Because it’s a new game there can be issues where servers cannot cope with the number of players as they have not tested the game or experiencing issues. The fact that others are having the same problem within 5 laps of the race proves that it must be a Codemasters issue. 

Thanks both,

We will continue to investigate, as it looks like there has been a spike in this error code recently. 

Hi there Codemasters, i never had any problems. Only after the update. Please fix. 😄

I need to get my rank up

On 8/25/2020 at 12:15 PM, swifishy said:

@BarryBL just contacted virgin, they said theres no issue with download or upload speed and ping is good. They said that as long as you have a wired connection there shouldn’t be any issues with getting kicked from the lobby. They said that because there is no issue in other comparable games it must be the f1 2020 servers. Because it’s a new game there can be issues where servers cannot cope with the number of players as they have not tested the game or experiencing issues. The fact that others are having the same problem within 5 laps of the race proves that it must be a Codemasters issue. 

Silly question @swifishy, have you tried when other people are on the Internet as well? Does this make it worse?

@BarryBL the game seems to be working fine now for a week, I haven’t changed anything personally so wasn’t sure if you guys had fixed it?

Just now, swifishy said:

@BarryBL the game seems to be working fine now for a week, I haven’t changed anything personally so wasn’t sure if you guys had fixed it?

So, post 1.08 patch, you haven't experienced this issue? Are others still experiencing this?

29 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

So, post 1.08 patch, you haven't experienced this issue? Are others still experiencing this?

There is still issue. But before this patch I couldn't do even 5 lap race on 4G broadband now I getting DC every 20-60 mins but still no DC on 3G broadband. Still issue is only with F1 2020.

9 minutes ago, Shamball said:

There is still issue. But before this patch I couldn't do even 5 lap race on 4G broadband now I getting DC every 20-60 mins but still no DC on 3G broadband. Still issue is only with F1 2020.

Can you please provide a complete bug report @Shamball with video. Also, can you confirm running wired/wireless. Basically, can you add your information that @swifishy has kindly provided previous.

Still having some issues but not as many as before. Just had an error code HO500 pop up now. Not sure what this meant?

image.jpg

Looks like a potential Xbox time out maybe. Game-mode?

I recently switched from AT&T (DSL) 24 mbps internet, to Spectrum (Cable) 200 mbps internet. I had never been disconnected, nor seen this error message until the moment I switched to faster internet.

I sometimes get into a race, but usually get booted (with the error code) within the first lap. Pretty bummed out because I bought Fanatec Podium DD1 base and Formula V2 wheel with an RSeat Formula rig... A lot of money invested just to play this game online, and now I can't!!!

Codies please help, or at least agree to give me a free copy for PC because I'm thinking the only way to fully fix the issue will be for me to switch to PC.

Still continuing to have this issue after the patch, wether in ranked or unranked 😞

Will be kicked from every online race I attempt, at around 5 - 7 minutes, meaning I can only complete a 5 lap race on Monaco, Austria or Monza if I am lucky.

Since ht latest patch I have also encountered a new issue where by I will rejoin a lobby that I had initially been booted from, only for me to rejoin, take control of my car, but for the camera to still be attached to a random other driver in that lobby! I can still control my own car but I am watching someone else!

Hope this will be fixed soon,

But thank you BarryBL for trying your best ti help

On 3G I dont have any DC issues all nat etc is the same only internet speed is lower but everything works ok. Still no problem with F1 2019 and Forza horizon 4, halo 5, rocket league games, playing online without any connection problems even on 4G. 

This is my internet speed on 3g, works perfect.

Screenshot_20200906-192436__01.jpg

IMG_20200905_153718.jpg

On 9/2/2020 at 9:42 PM, JDMoney513 said:

I recently switched from AT&T (DSL) 24 mbps internet, to Spectrum (Cable) 200 mbps internet. I had never been disconnected, nor seen this error message until the moment I switched to faster internet.

I sometimes get into a race, but usually get booted (with the error code) within the first lap. Pretty bummed out because I bought Fanatec Podium DD1 base and Formula V2 wheel with an RSeat Formula rig... A lot of money invested just to play this game online, and now I can't!!! 

Codies please help, or at least agree to give me a free copy for PC because I'm thinking the only way to fully fix the issue will be for me to switch to PC.

Hi @JDMoney513 and @chippyking99, can you also provide the information others have, as we need to eliminate any potential troubleshooting on the connectivity side, as reports of this code are fewer post 1.08.

Hi all, I am getting this same error, ive switched back to F1 2019 and dont have any issues with that or any other game for that matter, I managed to finally enter a lobby after trying for several nights and managed 15 laps before being kicked out with this same message, when is there going to be a fix? Expensive game and its very frustrating when this keeps happening. 

20200908_230023.jpg

What a shame to want 70€ for a Game that has so many bugs. @BarryBL u shouldn‘t search the Problem in Xbox, Ps4 or Pc. This is crearly a problem with your game.

In my opinion Dome of the People who are writing about the Problem should get a discount for F1 2021..