Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

Safety Car at every race, too often?

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

I've recently completed the first 4 races of My Team career mode (Australia, Bahrain, China, Netherlands) in a 16 race season, and so far the Safety Car has come out at every race, whenever the first retirement happens. I'm not sure this is right as it didn't happen this often in the previous games.

2.       Platform

Xbox One.

3.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

4.       Game-mode? 

My Team

5.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

Completed the first four race weekends.

6.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

None.

7.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

Thrustmaster TMX wheel.

8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   

N/A

Codemasters, could you open a discussion (only one) about the Safety Car since this feature is broken for years now.

Either you have a SC on every single mechanical failure, which by the way is unrealistic IRL, or you won’t see any SC during your long career!

Fix this CM please or at least, communicate.

• Agree 1

There does seem to be something odd going on, I completed a full 22 race season of 25% and 50% races on simulation damage and I haven't seen any safety car or VSC at all, not a single one.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, IndyJonesJnr said:

Is there any update on this? @BarryBL

Do you really think CM can give you update on this? Too many things to fix since years now regarding the SC.

F1 2020 is the most fantastic F1 game version. I only play it against the IA but this year they nailed it. Really fantastic, ... except the SC they neglect for too long.

Please CM fix this or at least communicate.

I did Spain earlier and it came out again 8 laps in to a 33 lap race. It didn't happen anything like as often as this in the 2019 game, so there is obviously a bug with this 2020 game that needs to be fixed. 

Very disappointing to see no reply from staff on this. Clearly there is a bug with the Safety Car, there are other similar threads about either no Safety Car or too much. I'm now two races from finishing the My Team season and every race I have had the SC turned on there has been at least one SC / VSC period per race. I've tried turning it off for a couple of races and then back on again but it's the same as before. In Japan recently there was a normal Safety Car at the first AI retirement and then a VSC later in the race (50% races), and another at the next race at Austin.

Same for me. None safety car in a full 22 races seasson. And something like 20 single races. And yes its turned on. Simulation damage. 

Playing on xbox One

On 8/3/2020 at 9:44 PM, IndyJonesJnr said:

Very disappointing to see no reply from staff on this. Clearly there is a bug with the Safety Car, there are other similar threads about either no Safety Car or too much. I'm now two races from finishing the My Team season and every race I have had the SC turned on there has been at least one SC / VSC period per race. I've tried turning it off for a couple of races and then back on again but it's the same as before. In Japan recently there was a normal Safety Car at the first AI retirement and then a VSC later in the race (50% races), and another at the next race at Austin.

Do you have any videos of such incidents where you feel the SC was/was not justified. As mentioned elsewhere, game saves can vary (some will see the SC more than others). I think maybe the best case for SC related issues is to add a video and we can see where and why/if the SC was needed perhaps.

I don't have any videos of the incidents, but could try and record using the 'record that' option and see if the clip picks up the incident. It's a weird issue when there's people reporting no SC's over a full season and I ( and I've seen at least one other thread reporting my exact issue) get them at every race. I'm not sure having it at every race is justified? I obviously have no idea how the SC has been coded/designed in this game but it seems it's one extreme or the other; can the developers adjust it to somewhere in the middle? that would solve everything in theory.

yeah for me i started on 50% races but after a while knocked it down to 25% and every time there is a retirement the SC comes out, the car could be well out the way and the SC would come out. makes even worse not even have one VSC some starting my career 

We don’t need a video to prove that the SC feature is broken (and I don’t even speak of unlapping the SC or penalties received when someone hits you from behind, or when you pit under SC and also receive a penalty, ...). I’m speaking of the frequency of the SC coming out.

There are rare incidents in F1 2020 but many many mechanical failure and retirements. The retired car just parks in the runoff zone or the gravel or somewhere in the grass. And here comes the Bug. Either you get a SC for every single retirement or you won’t see any SC, except when there is a big crash in front of you (if a big crash, very rare, happens on another spot on the track, the marshalls have the time to get the car out of the way).

So the SC comes either too often, or almost never.

This bug exist in the game since years but maybe developers are lucky enough to be in the first case, so they think there is no problem with the SC.

This is not realistic since when a car is in a dangerous position (it happened to me when I saw a car in Spa stuck in the gravel in the Brussels corner) the SC should come out. Something needs to be done here.

I have had at least one safety car every race so far, all for mechanical failures and I would say most could have been handled without the SC

As above, I get SC on every mechanical failure with car parking in safe spots.

Think about disabling SC completely because it is too annoying..

I've turned it off as I got fed up of having sometimes multiple SC periods every race. As I mentioned above it wasn't like that in the 2019 game so I don't know what they've done for 2020 but it's broken. It's either every race or not at all, and looks as though it's not going to be fixed either as there's nothing on here or other threads to say the problem is 'with developers'.

I also have the same problem as you. No safety car in any of my full season "my team"'s races. I've started a different my team and a pilot career and it is the same, no safety car neither VSC. 

I have deleted the game and installed it again and the problem is still there. I have sent to Codemasters 4 mails and the answer is an automatic reply with a link to their social media accounts. Ok, your Instagram account is cool, but what I want is to race F1 races and I can't enjoy it in a fully experience because you do not do absolutely anything. 

I upload a video where I crash the car behind me to check if i get a SC or not, and the answer is NO. I DIDN'T GET A SC WITH THIS. ABSOLUTELY CRAZY.

Is there a Fix for this issue?

My Team round 7 had a safety car everyrace so far 2 in once race lol