F1 2020 |NEW PATCH AND DRIVER RATINGS | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Vote for the best MyTeam story now! Read more... ×

No more weaving on formation laps and no more colored smoke planes on race day?

5 minutes ago, marioho said:

they used to weave on F1 2019 regularly so I have no idea what happened. 

I think I remember reading that that Codemasters work on two year cycles, so F1 2020 will be a development from F1 2018 rather than F1 2019? Could be a factor if true.

I saw weaving behind the safety car. 
But only on soft tyres. never on med or hard.

On 7/26/2020 at 2:27 PM, viniciusrsouza said:

Just another realistic thing they removed from the game. 

The other one is team members celebrating in the fence during the checkered flag when you finish the race. 

The team members celebrating are there on 2020. Don't know if they were removed very early on but they're definitely there for me.

On 9/4/2020 at 4:59 PM, DRTApophis said:

If formation lap doesn't actually affect AI's car performance, they should make their weaving much more intense like in real life for improving immersion. I watched some league racing on Youtube and saw all the players weaving very hard in safety car situation to keep their tires warm, it made the supposedly boring lap looked so intense I love it, really wish it's like that with the AI.

Sadly it seems to be missing entirely for some odd reason (I noticed sometimes they weave a little under safety car situation, but it was rare). 

The thing is, I'm pretty sure it does affect the AI. Judging from all my starts where I can easily overtake 2 or even 3 cars, and I'm not a start-maestro, but those overtakes come most likely from me starting with tyres over 80°C vs the AI starting on cold ones

• Agree 1

On 9/4/2020 at 9:26 PM, TurkeySloth2107 said:

If they’d planned to put it back in, it was a low-priority item because of all the game breakers that existed at the time. So, shut up and let them put it back in at their own pace, if they want to.

No need to be offensive mate.

• Agree 1