Jump to content Jump to content

No more weaving on formation laps and no more colored smoke planes on race day?

5 minutes ago, marioho said:

they used to weave on F1 2019 regularly so I have no idea what happened. 

I think I remember reading that that Codemasters work on two year cycles, so F1 2020 will be a development from F1 2018 rather than F1 2019? Could be a factor if true.

On 7/26/2020 at 2:27 PM, viniciusrsouza said:

Just another realistic thing they removed from the game. 

The other one is team members celebrating in the fence during the checkered flag when you finish the race. 

The team members celebrating are there on 2020. Don't know if they were removed very early on but they're definitely there for me.

On 9/4/2020 at 4:59 PM, DRTApophis said:

If formation lap doesn't actually affect AI's car performance, they should make their weaving much more intense like in real life for improving immersion. I watched some league racing on Youtube and saw all the players weaving very hard in safety car situation to keep their tires warm, it made the supposedly boring lap looked so intense I love it, really wish it's like that with the AI.

Sadly it seems to be missing entirely for some odd reason (I noticed sometimes they weave a little under safety car situation, but it was rare). 

The thing is, I'm pretty sure it does affect the AI. Judging from all my starts where I can easily overtake 2 or even 3 cars, and I'm not a start-maestro, but those overtakes come most likely from me starting with tyres over 80°C vs the AI starting on cold ones

• Agree 2
On 9/4/2020 at 9:26 PM, TurkeySloth2107 said:

If they’d planned to put it back in, it was a low-priority item because of all the game breakers that existed at the time. So, shut up and let them put it back in at their own pace, if they want to.

No need to be offensive mate.

• Agree 1
  • 2 months later...
On 9/4/2020 at 6:09 PM, FTBuzzard said:

I saw weaving behind the safety car. 
But only on soft tyres. never on med or hard.

I noticed this too now in November. I'm almost sure they were on soft also. But still was something far away from what they did in previous editions. The weaving was waaay more significant and realistic.

On 9/5/2020 at 10:03 AM, Joethe155 said:

The team members celebrating are there on 2020. Don't know if they were removed very early on but they're definitely there for me.

Yeah, I think that it wasn't there in the first patches, but I also can see them celebrating now.

4 minutes ago, viniciusrsouza said:

I noticed this too now in November. I'm almost sure they were on soft also. But still was something far away from what they did in previous editions. The weaving was waaay more significant and realistic.

Yeah, I think that it wasn't there in the first patches, but I also can see them celebrating now.

But now they do it in formation laps?! Somewhere in the last patches it was updated right? 

On 8/2/2020 at 11:28 AM, KNT2011 said:

I know the temptation is to dismiss complaints like this as not affecting the core gameplay but all of these little touches and details add to the overall experience, it is an F1 game, not just a racing sim experience, but an immersive recreation of the real thing, so all of these small moments count as well. 

For the hardcore audience, of course we've seen all of these things on repeat, but for newcomers or more casual fans of the sport / series, these things do make a difference, and personally I do enjoy them. 

Of course nothing should come before the core elements of the game, the on track and surrounding (setups, sessions, assists etc) details, but when you've played these games for a while you notice when there's less elsewhere. 

Why have commentary intros for practice and qualy been removed for example? I can tell you that I'm still finishing a 2019 championship and commentary, even on race days on 2020, is lacking a fair few lines, especially ones specific to tracks, and repeats almost immediately.

These may not be the main reasons why those who take to post here boot up the game, but they shouldn't be neglected or even removed to create what in the end is a lesser experience than we've had before. 

I've had an problem with the commentary on race day . Since release most of the time I don't get any . I liked watching the pre race and having a listen to the commentators . Before race . It kinda builds the race up a bit . And it adds a bit immersion to it . The one thing I hate about career . Is the isn't really any kind of story to it . I'd like when a drivers gets his first podium or win . In RL it's a big thing . Were in game you get your first win .and you never get asked about it . And it's never mentioned .like everything in life it's the little details that make the difference 

On 11/24/2020 at 7:59 PM, viniciusrsouza said:

I did start a career with formation lap ON, but i dont really see them weaving with the cars on Formation lap.

Im on Ps5 with patch 1.13.

Can others test/check this?