Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

Game runs at extremely low fps in offline mode

So today I wanted to play some F1 2020, and didn't had internet, so i started Steam in offline mode and went to play F1 2020. Problem is immediately after game launched my FPS went extremely down at like 10 FPS most. Normally I have around 80-90 FPS.

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

I found out that when you want to play F1 2020 in offline mode game runs at really low FPS. This problem only occurs when you start Steam in offline mode and when you use DX12. I tried to start game using DX11 in offline mode and everything is working as it should be. I tried going online in Steam and while being online game runs without problem on DX11 and DX12 too. Only problem is offine mode and DX12.

2.       Platform  

PC (Steam)

Offiln mode

DX12

3.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

4.       Game-mode? 

Everywhere, it happens in menu, when you want to race, the whole game runs wxtremely slow.

5.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

I tried atleast five times, the problem was always there. I didn't had internet cable plugged in my computer, my PC dodn't have WiFi module, so only way my PC can connect is through internet cable. I launched Steam in offline mode, than F1 2020 in DX12. Shortly after game launched, FPS dropped.

6.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

I reloaded game atleast five times, restarted my computer nothing helped. As I said this only happens in offline mode of Steam while using DX12, every other combination works no problem. I tried playing other games too as Assetto Corsa Competizione, it works fine too, my whole PC is working as it should be, no slowing down or overheating problems.

7.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc)  

XBOX One controller

8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   

I run benchmark and have video from it and screenshot of result.

Here is the video from benchmark, on the left down corner you can see low FPS during whole time, and of course you can immediately see the whole video is very laggy.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1blXtGjx8lop5y0-a26QBvSzBkqFbInnk/view?usp=sharing

Here is screenshot from result of that benchmark test

benchmark.thumb.png.c5b0d802f8ce07d178039288f2bee705.png

I have the same issue - the game is not playable in steam offline mode

Posted (edited)

same here, but how did you manage to get good fps on dx11? I've tried everything from using dx11 switches(for running the game),running dx11 exe file, even installed again to select dx11. still my fps drops below 10.

Edited by strat1959

Normally I am always playing on DX12, and when I tried it first time in offline mode, I discovered problem. I just thought that maybe trying to run it in DX11 mode would help, and really it does. DX12 in offline mode is unplayable but as I said in my first post DX11 works just fine.

I am launching game directly from Steam client, and there from pop up window, where you can choose if you want DX12 or DX11, I selected DX11 mode and suprise, it works. 

It is really weird that something like that even happens, I never experienced something similar in any of previous F1 games or any other game whatsoever, so I hope CM will investigate problem and fix it.

My internet was down for a while, I opened steam in offline mode, launched F1 2020 in DX11 as soon as i pressed any button on the "Press any button" screen, the FPS dropped from 60 to 15 and would not change no matter what graphics settings I had. Also tried DX12 and it didn't help.

What did help was when my internet came back on I relaunched steam in online mode and the FPS when back up to 60