F1 2020 | PODIUM PASS SERIES 2 NOW LIVE| READ ME!!! Read more... ×
F1 2020 | CODEMASTERS PC FORUM CHAMPIONSHIP | LOOKING FOR DRIVERS Read more... ×

TV-pod as an assist.

3 hours ago, DJracer23 said:

Perhaps adding lobbies in online mode that restrict what view is used. I used to like cockpit view, before the Halo was introduced. 

This is exactly what I want 

On 7/22/2020 at 2:19 AM, Nas00 said:

Because it doesn't affect the performance of the car itself or the outcome of a race, and therefore can't be considered as an assist. Since there is no VR, you can't move your head and the Halo reduces even more your field of view. There's a reason top players, League, Esport and even F1 drivers don't use the cockpit cam.

It's more of a matter of personal preference and shouldn't be shoved down the throat of other players. You have the right to play the way you like as much as the others do.

The racing line doesnt affect the performance of the car or “the outcome of the race” by your logic either. Yet its still an assist, because the racing line DOES affect the outcome of the race bu maing it easier to drive on the track for people who don’t know braking zones. Cockpit view doesn’t affect the performace of the car, but it definitely affects the performance of the driver, so it DOES also affect the outcome of the race by making it slightly harder to drive on the track. When you have that extra 45 or so degress of elevation outside of the cockpit to see the track and the corners, it makes a massive difference. Not only this but the halo column is beyond impeding, and we don’t have the luxury of tilting our head to one side or another to get around it like the real drivers do (unless this game goes vr i guess). I mean there are challenges in the game to play in cockpit view with the halo column on so that to me says that playing in that style is a challenging way to play the game. So it make sense to make it an assist that could be enforced in your lobbies, much like traction control, brake assist, and the racing line. Only it would be difficult to gauge what that assist contains. Would the options be “cockpit view” and “no restriction” Or would you be able to enforce other views like near chase, tv pod offset, far chase, etc. But moral of the story is that people who dont play in cockpit view are at a drastic advantage compared to people who do. If someone joins a match where everyone is playing without brake assist but they have heavy brake assist, their times are going to suffer compared to people who dont have that same assist. But if someone joins a match where everyone is in cockpit view and they arent (assuming they all have the same driving ability), then they are going to have a much easier time racing on any given track. 

• Agree 2

It seemed strange to me that people would argue against this, as it is being suggested as an OPTION for online race lobbies.

Then it dawned on me that there are a LOT of people who play with T-pod view who wouldn't be allowed in certain lobbies, due to this restriction.

But really, how many lobbies would actually be restricted?

And anyone concerned about being disallowed because they use T-pod, just make your own lobby.

The fact that there is so much debate about the advantages of T-pod over Cockpit view should be reason enough to bring in this option.

• Agree 1

I would only be for this only if Codemasters got their act together and implemented a proper cockpit view with triple screen support.  You can't force (penalize) cockpit view on players without the option for a true cockpit experience.

Was watching Nico Rosberg doing a hot lap at Hungary on You Tube the other day and he was using TV-Pod view. Up until that point I was using the cockpit view only. I decided if he needs it I definitely do. I can drive either way but the TV-Pod view makes it easier . Perhaps the lack of any real peripheral vision could be a good reason to use it  

10 hours ago, JordiBouman said:

Triple screen support would be the dream

Yeah, this really does need to happen.  Without VR this is really the only other option for cockpit drivers.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, DrDraken said:

Yeah, this really does need to happen.  Without VR this is really the only other option for cockpit drivers.

I mean NV surround isnt too bad, but its not like proper triple screen like what iRacing or Assetto Corsa use.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, DrDraken said:

Players with a triple screen are not that common, and this game is intended first for people playing on their couch with a pad. Thank god, you can deactivate the assists, but it's in no way a hardcore sim.

I maintain that in the current state of the game, the cockpit view has zilch to do with ReAliSm. VR and a 3D Halo would change that though.

Edited by Nas00

10 hours ago, Nas00 said:

Players with a triple screen are not that common, and this game is intended first for people playing on their couch with a pad. Thank god, you can deactivate the assists, but it's in no way a hardcore sim.

I maintain that in the current state of the game, the cockpit view has zilch to do with ReAliSm. VR and a 3D Halo would change that though.

Ummmm I beg to differ. This game is meant to function as a training simulator for the people who drive the actual F1 cars in the game. The cockpit view is literally how you ecperience the F1 car the way drivers do. I’m sorry but everything you’re saying is just wrong and unproductive. 

53 minutes ago, Angelosophy said:

This game is meant to function as a training simulator for the people who drive the actual F1 cars in the game.

Are you sure about that? I doubt it myself. Surely the F1 teams have their own simulator software?

I'd be pretty confident that the majority of players don't have wheels let alone triple screens. I actually think Codemasters do a very good job of producing a game with such broad appeal,

2 hours ago, Angelosophy said:

This game is meant to function as a training simulator for the people who drive the actual F1 cars in the game. The cockpit view is literally how you ecperience the F1 car the way drivers do. I’m sorry but everything you’re saying is just wrong and unproductive.

Actually, no.  Teams have their own simulators, and they do not rely on this game (as good as it is) to train their drivers.

Actual drivers have stated, about F1 2019: "I have to use medium traction control for it to feel like a real F1 car."

Also, no need to be insulting.  Everyone has their views.  🙂