F1 2020 | PODIUM PASS SERIES 2 NOW LIVE| READ ME!!! Read more... ×
F1 2020 | CODEMASTERS PC FORUM CHAMPIONSHIP | LOOKING FOR DRIVERS Read more... ×

TV-pod as an assist.

Doing this would be dumb because some people, like me, don't use TV pod or like first person view. In fact, I use near chase.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, TurkeySloth2107 said:

Doing this would be dumb because some people, like me, don't use TV pod or like first person view. In fact, I use near chase.

The word you're looking for is "optional" not "dumb". 🙂 

8 minutes ago, ragequit1 said:

The word you're looking for is "optional" not "dumb". 🙂 

Then, OP needs to work on their wording because "option" is just about the oposite of "enforce". Had they used "force", I, probably, wouldn't have posted because one "froces" something (e. g. the cockpit view) while something (e. g. track limits or other rules) gets "enforced". See where I was coming from, now?

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, TurkeySloth2107 said:

Then, OP needs to work on their wording because "option" is just about the oposite of "enforce". Had they used "force", I, probably, wouldn't have posted because one "froces" something (e. g. the cockpit view) while something (e. g. track limits or other rules) gets "enforced". See where I was coming from, now?

I had no problem understanding what the OP meant by this request, but different strokes, different folks I guess.

Why would people be against this?? You don’t have to drive in a league which enforces cockpit view..?! I can only imagine that people who enjoy cockpit view more would like an option for a fair playground. There might not be tons, but should be a fairly simple feature to implement. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, JordiBouman said:

Why would people be against this?? You don’t have to drive in a league which enforces cockpit view..?! I can only imagine that people who enjoy cockpit view more would like an option for a fair playground. There might not be tons, but should be a fairly simple feature to implement. 

Because it doesn't affect the performance of the car itself or the outcome of a race, and therefore can't be considered as an assist. Since there is no VR, you can't move your head and the Halo reduces even more your field of view. There's a reason top players, League, Esport and even F1 drivers don't use the cockpit cam.

It's more of a matter of personal preference and shouldn't be shoved down the throat of other players. You have the right to play the way you like as much as the others do.

Edited by Nas00
  • Agree 1

You do have the right to play like you want, but let’s say people want a league which is closest to reality then there’s an easy way to cheat since cockpit view can’t be enforced. 
TV-pod is better than cockpit view so the reason e-sport drivers use it makes a ton of sense. 

11 minutes ago, JordiBouman said:

You do have the right to play like you want, but let’s say people want a league which is closest to reality then there’s an easy way to cheat since cockpit view can’t be enforced. 
TV-pod is better than cockpit view so the reason e-sport drivers use it makes a ton of sense. 

Using the T-Pod cam won't make you faster.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

52 minutes ago, JordiBouman said:

I disagree with that statement. It’s  much easier to spot the apex

So you're acknowledging the cockpit in F1 games is not well implemented. 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JordiBouman said:

I disagree with that statement. It’s  much easier to spot the apex

No, it's a question of habit. Your field of view changes and you learn to adapt to it, without having consequences on your driving style or your performances. I used them both, my times are no different. A better driver will be a better driver, either with the T-Cam or the cockpit one.

So please stop barking up the wrong tree. Play with the cockpit cam since it's your cup of tea, and let people play it like they want to. What you're suggesting isn't going to happen, there are balance issues in the MP mode but T-Cam ain't one.

Also learn to quote people.

Edited by Nas00
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 4

1 hour ago, Nas00 said:

No, it's a question of habit. Your field of view changes and you learn to adapt to it, without having consequences on your driving style or your performances. I used them both, my times are no different. A better driver will be a better driver, either with the T-Cam or the cockpit one.

So please stop barking up the wrong tree. Play with the cockpit cam since it's your cup of tea, and let people play it like they want to. What you're suggesting isn't going to happen, there are balance issues in the MP mode but T-Cam ain't one.

Also learn to quote people.

Wow there's a lot of hate here for someone posting a SUGGESTION in the SUGGESTIONS forum for an OPTION to force view in a lobby (which is OPTIONAL to join) on those who want to play the same way. If you don't like to play cockpit, you wouldn't have to join a lobby or league that forces this you know? Kind of like you having an OPTION to join or not. Funny that.

I somewhat agree with the bold although I find I will always be faster using TCam because of the fact you can see apexes clearer and hit them easier with more precision. Yes after a lot more practice you could match your TCam times using cockpit view but you will be more competent and consistent with TCam. It's why the ESports guys use it because it makes the game and racing easier.

Also did not know you were on Codemasters' committee of deciding what will and won't go into the game in future? 🤔

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

Posted (edited)

T-cam gives at least 0.5 sec/lap advantage over the cockpit view, this is in my opinion comparable to a drive assist. So I agree with your request.

It's not too hard to figure out, there certainly is a reason why pro players are "forced" to play on t-cam in the official F1 e-championship.

Edited by D4rio
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)

I'm in the process of testing TV vs. near chase in dry weather, and I'll post the final results when they're ready. Indications are that there's a statistical difference (1.5+ sec.) on some tracks but not on others. For example, I lapped at 1:25.862 (TV) vs. 1:26.720 (NC) on Zandvoort and 1:31.893 (TV) vs. 1:34.670 (NC) on Spain. The final results will have a few notes appended, though.

Lap_comparison.png

Edited by TurkeySloth2107
Results of camera test added
  • Haha 2

On 7/21/2020 at 9:48 AM, JordiBouman said:

Can we please implement an option to enforce cockpit view? 

No this is stupid 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

Maybe “assist” is the wrong wording as I feel it ****** a lot of people off. However, if you want to set up a league with everything as realistic as possible it would be nice to be able to restrict the POV positions. 

• Agree 1

I can understand the need as an option for a league. But this could also be done into the league rules or do your members try to cheat in your league?

I don't like the point to be forced in a random multiplayer, but in a league im not in, it would be totally fine for me. :classic_happy:

From my point of view, i tried both and i never gained one tenth due to a different view. You have to get used to it and then you are as fast as with the different view, depends on the accuracy of your lap. In TC you gain a bit of overview but not time. So i will never understand why it shall be an assist, due to lap time.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Akkan74 said:

I can understand the need as an option for a league. But this could also be done into the league rules or do your members try to cheat in your league?

I don't like the point to be forced in a random multiplayer, but in a league im not in, it would be totally fine for me. :classic_happy:

From my point of view, i tried both and i never gained one tenth due to a different view. You have to get used to it and then you are as fast as with the different view, depends on the accuracy of your lap. In TC you gain a bit of overview but not time. So i will never understand why it shall be an assist, due to lap time.

It's the same as track limits really. People having a pop at strict being too strict for their league but they won't put it to regular for fear of people abusing it. You just can't trust peeps. At least you can see them abusing that whereas cockpit camera you can't so having an option here to force it would help in that situation.

I don't think there's too many out there that would use it or join a session with it forced tbh but there is a crowd and if it's only an option, then I don't understand the anger towards it.

Edited by martbloke
  • Like 1
  • Agree 5

15 hours ago, martbloke said:

I don't think there's too many out there that would use it or join a session with it forced tbh but there is a crowd and if it's only an option, then I don't understand the anger towards it.

Exactly this. 

I started using T-cam in multiplayer because it gave me more awareness of what was going on around me. I'm not the best racer so I had to rectify myself in not using a pro cam setting because I'm not pro enough to race with real humans in cockpit cam. 🤷‍♂️ Cockpit cam is really an assist otherwise I wouldn't use it in multiplayer 😇

Perhaps adding lobbies in online mode that restrict what view is used. I used to like cockpit view, before the Halo was introduced. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, DJracer23 said:

Perhaps adding lobbies in online mode that restrict what view is used. I used to like cockpit view, before the Halo was introduced. 

There's an option to turn off the Halo.

• Agree 1