Jump to content
F1 2020 |NEW PATCH AND DRIVER RATINGS | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Vote for the best MyTeam story now! Read more... ×

Myteam progression throughout the season

Recommended Posts

Im asking the community a question today. Do you think in Myteam, we progress too high. Now ive had luck i assume, and only have had 3-4 parts fail. I do all the programs, and try to get purple which get most of the time. I have upgraded my Departments to get more and all that. But watching the other teams, i feel like we advance just a tad faster. Season 1 almost done and now in the middle. Just want your feedback on what u think

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Your difficulty must be way too low. I'm really playing catch up with Haas during my season. Finally made it to 9th on the performance map but I could still drop to tenth by the next race.

Edited by BelgiumDude
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm at start of season 2 and still in same position as started the game . And I've getting every recourse point possible still 10th fastest running at back . Going to see how this season plays out . And I've had more end fails than pass  done 14 in total so far but most of them have failed . Surprose it's about the descions  you make at start of game . Going to start new game when performance patch comes out and try a few things different 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BelgiumDude said:

Your difficulty must be way too low. I'm really playing catch up with Haas during my season. Finally made it to 9th on the performance map but I could still drop to tenth by the next race.

I'm in the same position at the moment. In this for the long run 😎 going to try and be a bit strategic with how I spend my money and R&D. Definitely not as straight forward as it seems but enjoying it. Currently I'm focusing on getting as much R&D as possible as well as improving reliability, but if I need to ill change if other teams start gaining performance. I'm only on race 8 of 22 race season full practice, quali and race. Will be making sure that if "rumours" start of a regulation change I start saving up on R&D depending how well developed my departments are. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm fighting with Haas. I jumped them in the first month, but they got back passed me as I had two developments fail. So now I decided to first develop the departmens further, before waisting my R&D points on failed research. This does mean however that I probably won't have a better car than Haas at the end of the season, but I can live with that. It's just a part of my strategy, building a foundation for the team this season and focus the development on the car for upcoming season. I did score a few points already, finishing 7th in China and 9th in Zandvoort. So I guess result wise, I'm ahead of Williams and Haas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a general wondering, do you guys find that you always have enough money to do stuff and operate and don't have any scenarios where actually you are losing money and are needing to raise funding to survive?

 

I saw a video on YouTube of a guy trying to see if you can go bust by not doing anything monetary-wise and also crashing out in every race at the start while taking his teammate out and could not bankrupt themselves. In fact they were still making money each week. To me that's worrying and does not resemble a business at all. You should have to really work to earn your money to improve even by a bit but seems like you can do very little and still earn money to improve and progress in your career over the year; the hard work is just to get a bump in earnings to progress faster. I mean it also seems like damage costs are quite low especially if you total your car.

 

Just wondering what you guys think? Do you think if you developed a car to be in the top 3 whether if you had really bad form like the above, that your team would start losing money and that would affect you in falling down the pecking order? It doesn't seem that way to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Facilities cost more dont they as you upgrade so i guess maxed out facililites will cost a fair chunk more.

If that person had a fully developed facility for everything and did the above Id imagine they would lose money.

Gotta remember its the first year for this mode so it might start off a bit bare boned but stuff will get added.

Personally Id like to see prize money play apart depending on where you finish at end of season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, martbloke said:

Just a general wondering, do you guys find that you always have enough money to do stuff and operate and don't have any scenarios where actually you are losing money and are needing to raise funding to survive?

 

I saw a video on YouTube of a guy trying to see if you can go bust by not doing anything monetary-wise and also crashing out in every race at the start while taking his teammate out and could not bankrupt themselves. In fact they were still making money each week. To me that's worrying and does not resemble a business at all. You should have to really work to earn your money to improve even by a bit but seems like you can do very little and still earn money to improve and progress in your career over the year; the hard work is just to get a bump in earnings to progress faster. I mean it also seems like damage costs are quite low especially if you total your car.

 

Just wondering what you guys think? Do you think if you developed a car to be in the top 3 whether if you had really bad form like the above, that your team would start losing money and that would affect you in falling down the pecking order? It doesn't seem that way to me.

You can shut down facilities to save money if needed so I'm assuming it's possible if you push too hard with investment perhaps and don't succeed on track. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, AdamFreeman said:

Facilities cost more dont they as you upgrade so i guess maxed out facililites will cost a fair chunk more.

If that person had a fully developed facility for everything and did the above Id imagine they would lose money.

Gotta remember its the first year for this mode so it might start off a bit bare boned but stuff will get added.

Personally Id like to see prize money play apart depending on where you finish at end of season.

It does.   You get awarded cash at the end of the season based on your finish in the constructors title.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't rub it in.

My major upgrade for Silverstone that was supposed to move me up level with Alfa Romeo failed, leaving me only just ahead of Williams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In season one I finished 2nd bottom, above only Williams. End of the second season I was 2nd to Mercedes. It's just right to start with, but once you get your facilities up a bit it's too easy to get R&D upgrades.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, KNT2011 said:

You can shut down facilities to save money if needed so I'm assuming it's possible if you push too hard with investment perhaps and don't succeed on track. 

Yeah so I see you can do that but what I'm wondering is if there is anything that forces you to do so. Based off the information I've seen/read, it doesn't seem as if there is any real need to do so and it's if you want to to redirect funds elsewhere for a push in another direction. Nothing saying your outgoings are far more than incomings so shut down something to make it through the week/month/year or risk going under.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ended season 1 as the 7th team, due to no regulation changes other than durability it bumped me up to 5th for the start of season two. I invested a bit in some facilities and perks and two races later I now have the second best team, top 3 in all performance departments. 

I feel it's definitely going a bit too fast, I can see my team becoming dominant before the end of season 2 at this rate. I'm hoping for some big regulation changes to keep things balanced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×