Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Down For Maintenance | 26/07/2021 ×

Illegal overtake bug in Vietnam

Hi,

I played My Team and did a 50% race in Vietnam. The SC came out and I decided to pit under that to save time. When I was making my way out on the track again, I got called for an illegal overtake on a car behind me on the track. The Renault was neither ahead of me when I was in the pits or when I joined the track (look at the video). 
I use Fanatec CSL Elite on a PS4, and as I said was playing My Team. It was before the 1.05 patch, but can’t see that this should correct a bug like I described. 

Video: 

Your information is there, but they may want it in the bug template format.

I wonder if it's not as simple as the game sees this (see pic) as Ocon being passed you and then you coming out in front as an overtake? 

(I would query why Hamilton was dsq too, could be related?) 

Screenshot_20200721_173322_com.android.chrome.png

8 minutes ago, Rango said:

Your information is there, but they may want it in the bug template format.

I wonder if it's not as simple as the game sees this (see pic) as Ocon being passed you and then you coming out in front as an overtake? 

(I would query why Hamilton was dsq too, could be related?) 

Screenshot_20200721_173322_com.android.chrome.png

But still this is a bug. This is never an illegal overtake in either a game or in real life racing 🙂

I agree, I'm just spitballing as to why it might be happening. Technically if you pit under SC then Ocon passing you isn't making an illegal move. However, does it work that way in reverse? The AI is seeing Ocon passing as fine due to you being in pits, but your 'OT' as illegal as it happens outside whatever boundary is in place? Ultimately its an AI deciding the overtake happened, so it must be using certain markers on the track to decide that you've overtaken rather than retaken your place back.. I've seen other safety car issues (dsq) so maybe they're related somehow? 

7 minutes ago, Rango said:

I agree, I'm just spitballing as to why it might be happening. Technically if you pit under SC then Ocon passing you isn't making an illegal move. However, does it work that way in reverse? The AI is seeing Ocon passing as fine due to you being in pits, but your 'OT' as illegal as it happens outside whatever boundary is in place? Ultimately its an AI deciding the overtake happened, so it must be using certain markers on the track to decide that you've overtaken rather than retaken your place back.. I've seen other safety car issues (dsq) so maybe they're related somehow? 

You are right. These issues are surely related. Perhaps only this track is broken this way, but if this can happen on other tracks also, I am really worried for my league racing starting again on Thursday. If this happens in a league race, I won’t be happy 😞

• Administrator

To add to @Rango comments,  thanks for adding your issue. However, we require all bug reports to follow and complete the template below. This is critical information Codemasters needs to be able to see your bug clearly. Link:

Please add your bug report onto this thread or I will not be able to replicate or diagnose, and have to delete this thread. Also, can you re-create this @ILRTDexDexter as recreation steps from users helps us replicate and fix the issue.

40 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

To add to @Rango comments,  thanks for adding your issue. However, we require all bug reports to follow and complete the template below. This is critical information Codemasters needs to be able to see your bug clearly. Link:

Please add your bug report onto this thread or I will not be able to replicate or diagnose, and have to delete this thread. Also, can you re-create this @ILRTDexDexter as recreation steps from users helps us replicate and fix the issue.

Hi Barry,

here is the template filled out for you. I haven’t had a safety car in the race I did afterwards, so couldn’t replicate it. This was also in China and the bug was in Vietnam (If it is track dependant). 

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

I played My Team and did a 50% race in Vietnam. The SC came out and I decided to pit under that to save time. When I was making my way out on the track again, I got called for an illegal overtake on a car behind me on the track. The Renault was neither ahead of me when I was in the pits or when I joined the track (look at the video). 
I use Fanatec CSL Elite on a PS4, and as I said was playing My Team. It was before the 1.05 patch, but can’t see that this should correct a bug like I described. 

2.       Platform

PS4

3.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

4.       Game-mode? 

my Team

5.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

has happened once but I haven’t  done many races in My Team yet. I fear if this carries over to league racing. 

6.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

Don’t know what to try

7.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

Fanatec CSL Elite F1 PS4 bundle 

8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   

1 hour ago, ILRTDexDexter said:

You are right. These issues are surely related. Perhaps only this track is broken this way, but if this can happen on other tracks also, I am really worried for my league racing starting again on Thursday. If this happens in a league race, I won’t be happy 😞

Happened to me in Silverstone too, but it was the other way around. We were on the train of car behind the SC and I veered in to pit. Given the layout of the track I got "ahead" the car in front of me and the game signaled it as an illegal overtake. I just slowed down to let the car get beyond that point and went it to the pit business as normal.

5 minutes ago, marioho said:

Happened to me in Silverstone too, but it was the other way around. We were on the train of car behind the SC and I veered in to pit. Given the layout of the track I got "ahead" the car in front of me and the game signaled it as an illegal overtake. I just slowed down to let the car get beyond that point and went it to the pit business as normal.

Something is clearly wrong with SC and illegal overtakes. Was yours also in My Team? 

hey so this just happened to me and 2 others as well. First of all, I overtook one guy by accident, simply missread the situation. But it also happened to the two others. I think its mainly because in Vietnam you are "cutting" the last and first corner when pitting. Its the same for Spa and Canada first corners for example (probably there are more examples). 

2 of us 3 have our footage; 

This has happened to me too, 50% race at Vietnam, dived into the pits under safety car. Came out of pits and told illegal overtake of 4 cars and had to surrender positions sharpish before I was penalised.  Total nonsense. Wouldnt be so bad in a 5 lap race, but when you're investing a hour or more into a race it's just not good enough.

58 minutes ago, dandanjennings said:

This has happened to me too, 50% race at Vietnam, dived into the pits under safety car. Came out of pits and told illegal overtake of 4 cars and had to surrender positions sharpish before I was penalised.  Total nonsense. Wouldnt be so bad in a 5 lap race, but when you're investing a hour or more into a race it's just not good enough.

Also in My Team? 

Just to add to the bug reporting template.. 

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

Safety car deployed in Vietnam race, went into pits along with other cars who did the same, came out of pits and told multiple illegal overtakes had occurred when they hadn't.. forced to slow down give up positions.

2.       Platform

Steam

3.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

4.       Game-mode? 

My team

5.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too.

Twice in the same race. I'm not running another hour long race to replicate a bug that a lot of other people are having.. too much time that ends up being wasted.

6.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

None, it's not user fixable. Other than giving up the places to avoid a penalty.

7.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

Sim-plicity Direct Drive wheel, carbon F1 wheel w/26 buttons, Custom pedals driven by a Bodnar loadcell board.

8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   

None, but it's exactly the same as everyone else has mentioned. This inherent bug seems to have been around for a while judging by comments I've seen online (F1 2019, maybe even earlier).

I think that last one is a separate issue, as it had nothing to do with 'overtaking' a car while in the pit lane. 

I think this is mainly happening at circuits where the pit lane goes relatively straight yet the track doesn't, i.e. silverstone / hanoi. Ai sees you ahead of the car in front by 'track' position. Needs to ignore cars between pit entry and exit ideally 

Archived