F1 2020 | PODIUM PASS SERIES 2 NOW LIVE| READ ME!!! Read more... ×
F1 2020 | CODEMASTERS PC FORUM CHAMPIONSHIP | LOOKING FOR DRIVERS Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

New flashback prompt makes things worse

I think it makes sense that you guys added the prompt, but does it have to be RIGHT in the middle of the screen? I took a turn too wide in Silverstone, just a tad off the track, and it wasn’t anything that required a flashback. The flashback prompt completely threw me off, and I almost missed the next turn because it was covering my view of the track. Could you guys just shift it to the upper portion of the screen, so it isn’t blocking the track?

I believe from the patch notes that this only the first time you experience a flashback opportunity!

• Agree 1

I'm going to jump in here with another shameless plug for Driver's School.  :classic_cool:

F1 2012 had it at the start of the game.  You got to learn the ins and outs of an F1 car, how to brake into a corner, hitting the apex, accelerating out of a corner, DRS, ERS  etc.

If you did really well, you got contract offers from more teams.  But you never got an offer from Mercedes or Ferrari in your first year.

If Codemasters brought this back, players could learn all the things that:

1.  Jeff tries to teach us while we're sitting in the garage.

2.  Jeff tries to teach us while we're driving 300 kph.

3.  Come up on the screen in the middle of a corner or braking point.

Seriously, the system that has been adopted in the last few years is a tad ridiculous.  Why would we need to be taught about DRS by our Race Engineer?  Or ERS?  Or oversteer?  Or locking wheels?

Why are there giant prompts that come up on the screen?

I understand that the audience is not the hard-core racer, but nor are they all complete noobs.  For the sake of realism, please bring back Driver School, teach us how to play the game at the start, then let us review that if we choose - instead of having it thrown at us in the garage, or on track, over and over and over.

• Agree 1