F1 2020 |NEW PATCH AND DRIVER RATINGS | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Vote for the best MyTeam story now! Read more... ×

Start new practice program without having to garage?

Is it possible to start another practice program without having to go back to the garage after just completing one?

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, mystermykee said:

Is it possible to start another practice program without having to go back to the garage after just completing one?

It's not but that's a good suggestion. Should have the ability to do back to back programmes.

For example, I use the same tyre to do the tyre management programme followed by the Fuel management. This means out lap, tyre management, in lap, out lap, fuel management, in lap. Having the ability to do back to back programmes would save 2 laps of tyre wear.

• Agree 3

35 minutes ago, F1 Car Setup said:

Unfortunately not, possibly because it’s a tyre change between programs.

I was thinking the same thing, but you can knock out a few with the same tire--save some time (in real life). :classic_biggrin:

I think this would be a good idea as well. I do think however in order to keep the realism that if a tyre change is needed one must return to the garage. 

10 hours ago, F1 Car Setup said:

Unfortunately not, possibly because it’s a tyre change between programs.

Not necessarily. I remember doing quite some with the same tyres, but yeah you have to garage before beginning a new program.

Yes we need more stuff like that. Like quick tyre change pitstops during practice and qualifying is needed too. There were so many times I could've done 1 more lap in qualifying if this was in.

• Agree 1

Yeah, I would like this. I always do track acclimasation on hards. Then I proceed with tyre wear and fuel on the same medium compound, sometimes followed with ERS on the same compound.

If I go to the second session, I use one set of medium for race pace and one set of softs for qualifying practice.

So in FP1, it's a bit redundant to do 

Out lap > 1 lap track accl. > in lap

Change tyres to medium

Out lap > 1 lap tyre wear > in lap

Out lap > 1 lap fuel cons.> in lap

Out lap > 1 lap ERS mode > in lap

I usually only need one or two attempts, so I'm not gathering much useful data for myself over multiple laps and I'm doing more in/out laps than actual practice.

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Zviko said:

Yes we need more stuff like that. Like quick tyre change pitstops during practice and qualifying is needed too. There were so many times I could've done 1 more lap in qualifying if this was in.

It’s because in practise and qualifying they have got rid of pitstops in F1 and you have to enter the garage.

• Disagree 2

52 minutes ago, F1 Car Setup said:

It’s because in practise and qualifying they have got rid of pitstops in F1 and you have to enter the garage.

They haven't, but typically you only go out with enough fuel for an out lap, 1 hot lap, and an in lap so no point in changing tyres if you don't have enough fuel (which you can only do in the garage).

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, F1 Car Setup said:

They haven't. I saw them doing it during the last weekend.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Zviko said:

They haven't. I saw them doing it during the last weekend.

Yeah, I thought so too. Wasn't is Gasly who made a stop in Q1? I don't remember who and when it was.🤔