Sign in to follow this  

Racenet, some problems, and some suggestions

Posted (edited)

I've spent a lot of my Dirt Rallying time recently on the Racenet Clubs, I now run several of these and having spent a lot of time on the website I have some suggestions and potentially some issues.

I don't want to knock racenet at all, I think it's fantastic, an excellent way of bringing all platforms together for one big community of Dirt Rally fans. Here's a list of some ideas I've had to make it easier to use, or to expand the platform, what do you think?

1. An App: A phone App for this game would be great, log in with your racenet ID and have 3 main sections: Leaderboards, Challenges, Clubs, a quick direct link to these on the homepage of the app would not only make things far easier for the user, but I'd assume not surfing a website each time to arrive at your desired page will save on bandwidth requirements which there's been issues with. (I think this would see a rise in regular users of the site/app, due to the convenience, and the advertising potential from that would be significant maybe?) . Also, having all the timetrial leaderboards, on the website/app, where you could filter to see your racenet friends, would remove a major flaw in the game currently, which is easy access to leaderboards.

2. The ability to click on another racenet members name (One who you've already friended maybe), and see what clubs they belong to, what console and console username they use, maybe a list of codemasters games the racenet member has registered in. This would all be useful for building a racenet community, maybe an option for messaging between members.

3. The capability to search for, and join clubs "in game" from the clubs menu, instead of using the website? Or at least if invited to a club via the website, then have the invite appear in game, and the option to accept/decline from the in game clubs menu screen?

Some minor faults/anomolies I have come across on the website.

1. For some reason, a user's console name is used on the latest results page on the website, despite the racenet name being used on all other tables and menus, on website and in game. The same users name can even change from stage to stage if they moved from their games console to steam for instance, and it won't match their racenet name which is quoted on the championship standings page.

2. When opening a club and viewing the latest results page, the default page should be the current championship, and if possible the current event. Not the earliest championship available. Which could be months ago. Needless time wasted on every visit to a results page

3. Clubs filter sorting: After filtering a leaderboard on the website to show your racenet friends (or any other filter, steering wheel/control pad for instance), the option to arrange by "total" time does not work, even after selecting it, it continues to sort by the individual stage time.

Edited by Beefcote852