Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

Patch 1.05 - Messed up wheel controls

Estou passando pelo mesmo problema depois dessa atualização no xbox one. Estou utilizando o Logitech G920 

Edited by Brunocerqueira1

this may seem like common sense but all i did was 

1. force shutdown the game 

2. turn off the xbox one, wait 2 minutes then unplug xbox power supply, unplug all TX wheel accessories(power, pedals, usb)

3. wait five minutes, (go get a snack and a drink)....plug TX wheel and accessories back in without the USB......plug xbox back in and power up.....connect TX wheel USB

4. enjoy 

2. turn off the xbox one, wait 2 minutes then unplug xbox power supply, unplug all TX wheel accessories(power, pedals, usb)

3. wait five minutes, (go get a snack and a drink)....plug TX wheel and accessories back in without the USB......plug xbox back in and power up.....connect TX wheel USB

4. enjoy 

1 hour ago, Brandonisy316 said:

4. enjoy 

Yeh that didn’t work, as I’ve already said

9 minutes ago, Dufalump said:

Yeh that didn’t work, as I’ve already said

Please check your wheel firmware, the T300 is now on firmware v31. 

You will require a PC and the 2020_TTRS_2 driver / firmware pack (ensure the wheel is in PS3 mode before connecting to PC). The firmware flasher is under a separate updater program.

sorry, you didn’t mention the part about unplugging after restarting or turning the console off.....for some reason turning off the xbox then unplugging it works differently on my console. don’t know if i’m the only one 

1 hour ago, steviejay69 said:

Please check your wheel firmware, the T300 is now on firmware v31. 

You will require a PC and the 2020_TTRS_2 driver / firmware pack (ensure the wheel is in PS3 mode before connecting to PC). The firmware flasher is under a separate updater program.

I have a TX and I shouldn’t have to update my firmware for it to work. It’s a brand new TX. My friends that are using TMX’s and Fanatec also have the same problem.

This isn’t a hardware issue, it’s Codemasters making another buggy **** unplayable game.

1 hour ago, Dufalump said:

I have a TX and I shouldn’t have to update my firmware for it to work. It’s a brand new TX. My friends that are using TMX’s and Fanatec also have the same problem.

This isn’t a hardware issue, it’s Codemasters making another buggy **** unplayable game.

New bases ship with old firmware all the time, plus v31 is very recent (July 2020).

I can’t make you do it but what do you have to lose except maybe a bit of attitude? 😃

• Haha 2
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Have same problem. Done everything possible to rectify it. However, my main account (pays for gold) wheel works fine 2nd account which I use specifically for league racing has the problems as stated above. It's definitely not a firmware issue.

@BarryBL unfortunately this reply shows the kind of response that repeatedly shipping shoddy product engenders.

I fear this is an uphill battle to ever recover the situation for things that are not within Codemasters’ control.

I personally am close to the point that I’m ready to stop offering suggestions seeing as the situation is so entrenched.

As many people have been willing to accept the suggestions, whilst I’ve not always been able to sort every one, I think the rate of success has been quite good so problems are not always on Codemasters’ side. 

Gameplay bugs aside the game works. The avatar reset after 1.05 patch is real 😃 

Can’t comment on the XBox controller issues as not my platform. 

I have that in pod mode, in cockpit I am locked into look to apex, which makes me motion sick

21 minutes ago, DxT Rico said:

Have same problem. Done everything possible to rectify it. However, my main account (pays for gold) wheel works fine 2nd account which I use specifically for league racing has the problems as stated above. It's definitely not a firmware issue.

Does no harm to update the firmware. 

If one account is affected and another not, then is that an XBox issue?

i've the same issue.. the game it's not played anymore with this issue.. please codemaster delivery another fast patch to fix this issue. Others members of my team having the same problem with all wheel costructors ( thrustmaster, fanatec, logitech.. )

15 hours ago, Dufalump said:

1.       Thrustmaster TX Wheel (Ferrari F1 Add on)
Brake = look back
Wheel left = look left
Wheel right = look right

2.       Xbox 
3.       1.05 (Just installed the update)
4.       Online racing , Grand Prix, Time Trial, etc. All of them 
5.       What are your replication numbers? Happening all the time
6.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? 
Restarted wheel 5 times, restarted the game 3 times, tried every preset in the controls, tried unbinding ‘look behind and left/right’, tried my old wheel, tried 3 different pedal sets

This needs fixing right now, not in next patch! The game is unplayable.

xbox, Thrustmaster TMX, patch 1.05 has cause my steering wheel to move the camera view. For me, it has locked my cockpit view to “look to Apex, seems like at full. If I use the pod cam, turning left makes the camera look left, turning right makes the camera look right. So impossible to drive.

For my son using a different account on the same console, the brake makes him look backwards. Have restarted the console, the wheel and looked for a firmware update.

Nothing has worked.

So the accounts have been affected differently.

• Thanks 1

Ok tested the account theory and for me my main account with gold but I didn't purchase the game on that account the buttons works correctly but on my account which I mainly play F1 on and no gold but is shared with my main account but purchased the game on the buttons make brake look back steer left look left steer right look right 

Yeah, only thing that works is using other account. For me it doesn't make any difference, but people that bought podium pass need a solution for it...

x1. Since I updated the game to 1.05 on Xbox, every time I steer left and right on my wheel (Logitech G920) the camera will turn the same direction. This makes the game unplayable, especially when turning into hairpins or slow speed corners. Also, every time I brake, the camera looks backwards. After checking the control settings, the buttons are unbinded. Please fix this game breaking bug. Plus, this is not an issue on another account on my Xbox and works normal. Very frustrating.

2. Xbox 

3. 1.05

4. All gamemodes 

5. 4

6. Multiple restarts and unplugged steering wheel multiple times.

7. Logitech G920

8. None

• Agree 1

I'm having the same issue here on Xbox, I've tried everything you guys said. The game needs a new patch to fix it.

I face the same problem, but only on my secondary account. My main account works normally.

1. Fanatec: CS wheel base V2.5 (wheel formula v2)

2. Console: Xbox One X

Brake = look back
Wheel left = look left
Wheel right = look right

1. A detailed description of the problem. Include any error code here.

- With wheels when we turn left, the camera's view changes to the left, the same to the right. When we brake, look back ... Occurring with different models of wheels - fanatec, logitec, thruthemaster ...

2. Platform

XBOX

3. What version of the game are you using (shown on the home screen in the lower left corner of the screen)

4. Game mode?

All modes

5. What are your replication numbers? Minimum testing attempts are 4. Also add EXACT replication steps so that we can try as well.

countless ... we try to disconnect and connect usb, reinstall game, recreate character, recreate wheel customization, create new button links ...

6. What troubleshooting did you try? Always try to fix the problem

like talking about 5, we try to disconnect and connect usb, reinstall game, recreate character, recreate customization of wheels, create new links on the buttons ...

7. Which peripherals are you using (gamepad, wheel make and model etc.)

Wheels - logitec, fannatec, thruthemaster

8. Any screenshot or video of the problem? If the video is long, include a timestamp for when the problem appears.

@BarryBL This is not the case with everyone, but a large part of the players.

1 hour ago, steviejay69 said:

Does no harm to update the firmware. 

If one account is affected and another not, then is that an XBox issue?

I cannot see it being an xbox issue due to the fact everything was working fine even on previous games until i installed the 1.05 patch. The wheel works fine on other games using my main and 2nd account, therefore due to process of elimination the patch is the problem.

Thank you for the bug report @Fabianocandido8. if others can follow that example please, would be really appreciated. Could you also check wheel settings in the Pause Menu, as there might be binding issue.

I'll give it a go on Xbox now.