Jump to content
Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

Patch 1.05 - Messed up wheel controls

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, steviejay69 said:

@BarryBL unfortunately this reply shows the kind of response that repeatedly shipping shoddy product engenders.

I fear this is an uphill battle to ever recover the situation for things that are not within Codemasters’ control.

I personally am close to the point that I’m ready to stop offering suggestions seeing as the situation is so entrenched.

As many people have been willing to accept the suggestions, whilst I’ve not always been able to sort every one, I think the rate of success has been quite good so problems are not always on Codemasters’ side. 
 

Gameplay bugs aside the game works. The avatar reset after 1.05 patch is real 😃 

Can’t comment on the XBox controller issues as not my platform. 

 

 

With all due respect the problem solely lies with codemasters on this one. 
I like many others have overpaid for an unfinished game that is now unplayable due to a patch they released to the public.

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Thank you for the bug report @Fabianocandido8. if others can follow that example please, would be really appreciated. Could you also check wheel settings in the Pause Menu, as there might be binding issue.

I'll give it a go on Xbox now.

It’s the same for everyone. No point writing out hundreds of bug reports. The game is unplayable and yet there have been other reports of this over the last 24 hours and nothing has been done about it. 
10 years code idiots have been releasing half finished buggy games and ripping people off for their hard earned money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So @BarryBL my people have already done this, solved it for one or the other, but most of them still have the same problem ... I even had this problem in 1.01, but the problem disappeared in 1.02.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The game i payed 89 euros for is unplayable atm. 

Honestly, this can't happen.

This has to be repaired asap! 

And keep us updated, that would be nice. Seriously! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately that didnt work for me, however i have found out the following:

Slow press accelerater = look up
slow press brake = look back
wheel left = look left
wheel right = look right

It seems them controls on the wheel are the same as the right stick on the pad.
However, it still doesnt unbind them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just attempted replication on the Xbox with a TMX (the wheel I have used since Lockdown) in TT and couldn't reproduce the issue.

Are people using custom binding settings in their wheel? I used the default TMX settings available for my test and all worked as expected. I have a feeling this issue is a binding one, and certain functions may have been double assigned. Consider resetting wheel mapping or trying on default and letting me know please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The solution is to access the game in another account than the one you had already created the profile

If you try to access the game on the account that was used before the update, the controls will not work correctly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, xXEL1M1NATORXx said:

It’s the same for everyone. No point writing out hundreds of bug reports. The game is unplayable and yet there have been other reports of this over the last 24 hours and nothing has been done about it. 
10 years code idiots have been releasing half finished buggy games and ripping people off for their hard earned money. 

To answer your points here:

  •  Bug reports are vital to identify issues and to see if people are experiencing any differences. I can understand your frustration but, as experienced members of these forums will agree, working with us in identifying a problem is much more appreciated than just saying there is.
  •  I empathise for the collective frustration in this thread, but I do feel that this one has a very negative tone to it. Please try to treat others with respect and provide information requested so we can diagnose this issue
  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Using a fanatec on custom bindings and default the issue is the same works correctly on one account and another it doesn't both on the same bindings 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, hermespires said:

The solution is to access the game in another account than the one you had already created the profile

If you try to access the game on the account that was used before the update, the controls will not work correctly

And thats the problem. Thats not a solution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

@BarryBL unfortunately this reply shows the kind of response that repeatedly shipping shoddy product engenders.

I fear this is an uphill battle to ever recover the situation for things that are not within Codemasters’ control.

I personally am close to the point that I’m ready to stop offering suggestions seeing as the situation is so entrenched.

As many people have been willing to accept the suggestions, whilst I’ve not always been able to sort every one, I think the rate of success has been quite good so problems are not always on Codemasters’ side. 
 

Gameplay bugs aside the game works. The avatar reset after 1.05 patch is real 😃 

Can’t comment on the XBox controller issues as not my platform. 

 

 

Well when you still haven’t received podium points when you’ve paid extra for the game to include them and the constant server issues (not internet issues) that are happening to 50% of the people I play with and now a massive wheel issue that makes the game unplayable, then yes I will have an attitude about it as I’ve spent my hard earned cash on a game that doesn’t work. So keep your opinions to yourself.

 

PS the game doesn’t work if you can’t do a lap does it

Edited by Dufalump
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DxT Rico said:

And thats the problem. Thats not a solution.

 

is a way to keep playing until the problem is solved

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, xXEL1M1NATORXx said:

With all due respect the problem solely lies with codemasters on this one. 
I like many others have overpaid for an unfinished game that is now unplayable due to a patch they released to the public.

 

Exactly, some people fail to realise that. I didn’t have a problem before this patch and don’t have a problem with any other games or previous F1 games. The dude just can’t accept that Codemasters is at fault.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hermespires said:

 

is a way to keep playing until the problem is solved

I use my 2nd account for league racing only with all the people in the leagues friending that account. My main account is for all other games and activities and friends that have nothing to do with F1.
This was never a problem on F1 2019. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

I've just attempted replication on the Xbox with a TMX (the wheel I have used since Lockdown) in TT and couldn't reproduce the issue.

Are people using custom binding settings in their wheel? I used the default TMX settings available for my test and all worked as expected. I have a feeling this issue is a binding one, and certain functions may have been double assigned. Consider resetting wheel mapping or trying on default and letting me know please

The problem is not due to double association.
I never used a button to look around.
Despite this, when turning the wheel, the camera turns.
I tried using the default profile and the problem continues.
However, when using another user account the problem is not repeated.
Therefore, the problem is in the user profile saved in the Codemasters cloud before the patch.
Just delete the profile data created so far and everything will be back to normal
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

I've just attempted replication on the Xbox with a TMX (the wheel I have used since Lockdown) in TT and couldn't reproduce the issue.

Are people using custom binding settings in their wheel? I used the default TMX settings available for my test and all worked as expected. I have a feeling this issue is a binding one, and certain functions may have been double assigned. Consider resetting wheel mapping or trying on default and letting me know please.

The issue still occurs using default control schemes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DxT Rico said:

I use my 2nd account for league racing only with all the people in the leagues friending that account. My main account is for all other games and activities and friends that have nothing to do with F1.
This was never a problem on F1 2019. 

 

I understand you. My opinion was not given to defend Codemasters, but to at least allow players to play the game while the problem is not resolved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, hermespires said:

However, when using another user account the problem is not repeated.
Therefore, the problem is in the user profile saved in the Codemasters cloud before the patch.
Just delete the profile data created so far and everything will be back to normal

Thanks @hermespires for the feedback on this. Really helpful, appreciate you. Can people try this perhaps?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Acabei de tentar replicar no Xbox com um TMX (a roda que usei desde o Lockdown) no TT e não consegui reproduzir o problema.

As pessoas estão usando configurações personalizadas de encadernação em suas rodas? Usei as configurações padrão do TMX disponíveis para o meu teste e todas funcionaram conforme o esperado. Sinto que esse problema é vinculativo e que determinadas funções podem ter sido atribuídas duas vezes. Considere redefinir o mapeamento de roda ou experimentar o padrão e me avise.

The players here have done it too ... the problem is. Some report that in the purchase account it works and in the secondary of the bug .. others report that in the purchase account it also gives the bug ... unfortunately I know that it is complicated for you to check without being able to test, but follow the problem I had in 1.01 although it is the same that the staff goes through now.

the link below is a live one of mine at the exact moment that the problem occurs and the changes I made (1:04:39). Just remembering, today I no longer have this problem, but this is what has been happening for people.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

To answer your points here:

  •  Bug reports are vital to identify issues and to see if people are experiencing any differences. I can understand your frustration but, as experienced members of these forums will agree, working with us in identifying a problem is much more appreciated than just saying there is.
  •  I empathise for the collective frustration in this thread, but I do feel that this one has a very negative tone to it. Please try to treat others with respect and provide information requested so we can diagnose this issue

I think you missed my point, I can comply with the bug reporting when necessary but as it has been reported numerous times I think 10 years of frustration was handled pretty fair in my reply. But as you wish... 

Please provide the contact details to make a complaint to codemasters as I want my money back as I am sick of being ripped off
 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

I've just attempted replication on the Xbox with a TMX (the wheel I have used since Lockdown) in TT and couldn't reproduce the issue.

Are people using custom binding settings in their wheel? I used the default TMX settings available for my test and all worked as expected. I have a feeling this issue is a binding one, and certain functions may have been double assigned. Consider resetting wheel mapping or trying on default and letting me know please.

Have you tried using a 2nd account on the same xbox as thats the problem in my case

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Thanks @hermespires for the feedback on this. Really helpful, appreciate you. Can people try this perhaps?

How does one delete the data on the Codemaster’s cloud?

 Do I delete all save data and does that affect only my account or all accounts playing the game? My sons also use the game, one does not have a problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×